Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 02:48 PM

63,000 posts, read 29,178,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Google search “whats your point” and set it to gifs.

Just giving my boy a theme song. He can tell if your illegal just by looking at you... some jedi type ish
I don't know who you are calling "your boy" but I don't know of one person including myself that has ever said or implied that they can tell if you are illegal or not just by looking a them. Do you just make up stuff as you go along?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2020, 04:18 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,373,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
So you are pissed that anglos don't procreate as fast correct? What exactly is the problem with that they cant make babies? Maybe it is amoral decadence with whites that they do not want to procreate.
Your racism is noted.

Old 03-02-2020, 04:25 PM

35,714 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fa...rida/POP060210

I am surprised it is only 36% or 37% by what I have seen in much of California.

I have never been to Adelanto and Arvin where it's that high percentage of children under 18. But on my visits to Los Angeles many majority latino areas have 24/7 babies screaming with apartments with mothers pushing strollers with children in tow. Grocery store after grocery store in parts of LA full of screaming babies.

It certainly isn't like that in my visits to El Paso and Tampa's cuban section.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...s-strike/4633/

I know the news media in LA reported that overcrowded classrooms of 45 students with students sitting on window sills because the tremendous amount of babies that people have as a cultural tradition in Los Angeles.

Very common for the percentage of the population in many California cities that are majority latino to be in the mid and high 30s compared to the high 10s in heavily latino cities in Florida and mid 20s in El Paso and San Antonio.

I have always been floored and my jaw drops when I enter a heavily latino area in California with the number of babies that culturally it's a tradition to have. El Paso is a heavily latino city and only 26% are under 18 and in Miami and Hialeah it is 17%.

It is very interesting, how Arvin and Adelanto, California have 50% more children under 18 than latino cities like El Paso and more than twice as many children per-capita than Miami and Hialeah.

I know based on my time in LA, El Paso and in Florida in the Cuban sections of Tampa I have noticed a huge difference.

I can count on one hand the number of latinos I have seen in my trips to Los Angeles who were millennials who didn't have a stroller with several children in tow, while in El Paso and Tampa there are many latinos who seem to not have children.
Lived in Tampa 7 years. Latino community is totally acclimated to American standards. Lucky they speak Spanish at all. I’m from Miami Beach _ Tampa is not a good example. Drive 80 miles to Kissimmee/ Orlando area. I never liked Tampa - like living in the NW nobody talks to you and barely says hello.

Old 03-02-2020, 04:50 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
It is very interesting, how Arvin and Adelanto, California have 50% more children under 18 than latino cities like El Paso and more than twice as many children per-capita than Miami and Hialeah.
Apparently no one told you Florida was a Mecca for retirement.....

Let me be one of the first.

Also, our (FL) foreign born population is even older......average age of 48.......

Perhaps you should do some more reading. Next you will be comparing The Villages in Florida (70) to Pittsburgh (34).

Hey, guess what? Lots more babies in Pittsburgh. In fact, I almost never go out there that I don't see young couples with babies in strollers. Why?

Old 03-02-2020, 05:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
As long as you’re an American and can afford it, I don’t give a damn how many kids you have. No group’s birth rate is any of my business.

Old 03-02-2020, 05:34 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,365,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
What about Mormons and evangelical Christians like the Quiverfulls?

Not to mention Chasidic Jews?

They have large families, probably larger than that of Mexicans.
Mormons:

Are not illegal aliens

Can have Utah, nobody gives a ****.

Don't speak.a foreign language and arent weighing down our education system and communities.

Largely stick to themselves.

Are not prone to criminal behavior/gang life/drug cartels.

You may choose to reject those possibly offensive points, but this is undeniable:

Latinos have a huge problem overpopulating the world. This is why caravans are coming here and each US census shows a dramatic demographic shift. This is contributing to global warming both from footprint as well as loss of south american rain forest area.

The quiverfulls obviously do not because nobody has ever even heard of them.

However if you create a topic making fun of hassidic jews I will be there with bells on making fun of them. Not a fan.

Old 03-02-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
As long as you’re an American and can afford it, I don’t give a damn how many kids you have. No group’s birth rate is any of my business.
Given the threat of climate change, and how we are all being told drastic measures are called for, I think criticism of irresponsible procreation is justified.
Im being told I have to stop driving a car while some guy down the street has 6 kids just to prove what a man he is.

**** that..

Old 03-02-2020, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Then prove it, please.
You need proof orange county has a significant illegal alien population?

Most illegals do not speak english. Thats a pretty good indicator. Many came illegally and became citizens or got some sort of visa or paperwork by waiting for one of the silly amnesty programs.

Latinos born in America speak english, our education system sees to it.

Old 03-02-2020, 05:45 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Mormons:

Are not illegal aliens

Can have Utah, nobody gives a ****.

Don't speak.a foreign language and arent weighing down our education system and communities.

Largely stick to themselves.

Are not prone to criminal behavior/gang life/drug cartels.

You may choose to reject those possibly offensive points, but this is undeniable:

Latinos have a huge problem overpopulating the world. This is why caravans are coming here and each US census shows a dramatic demographic shift. This is contributing to global warming both from footprint as well as loss of south american rain forest area.

The quiverfulls obviously do not because nobody has ever even heard of them.

However if you create a topic making fun of hassidic jews I will be there with bells on making fun of them. Not a fan.
You're just really full of you-know-what on several levels.

A whole lot more of folks who look like me in this world than Latin Americans. You wanna tell me I'm overpopulating the world? GTFO.

Many of these folks who are Latino can go back several generations - perhaps even predating your ancestors who left their ****hole countries to come here. How is that different?

But go ahead and choke in your ethnocentrism, nativism and anger.

Old 03-02-2020, 05:46 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Well, my understanding is that you're addressing a vet who's down on his luck and choosing to vent his difficulties on other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies