Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Trump managing the coronavirus epidemic well?
Yes 89 36.48%
No 155 63.52%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 02:51 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Nobody is claiming Trump is responsible for the virus, it's responses like you that make it difficult to take anything you have to say seriously. No what we are being critical of his is behavior and actions, these have already been spelled out in the thread.
Behavior has ZERO implications on what’s happening here, how do you not understand that. If Trump tells you to go jump off a bridge would you do it? We can think for ourselves people, the CDC (the professionals) says to wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds, and that the risk to the public (especially the young and health, is low). That’s all there is folks, the rest is manufactured panic.

Old 03-09-2020, 02:53 PM

2,400 posts, read 754,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Behavior has ZERO implications on what’s happening here, how do you not understand that. If Trump tells you to go jump off a bridge would you do it? We can think for ourselves people, the CDC says to was your hands with soap for 20 seconds, and that the risk to the public (especially the young and health, is low). That’s all there is folks, the rest is manufactured panic.
What could Trump do that the idiots on this forum wouldn't attack with their normal bag of tricks IE "racist" "Xenophobe" blah blah blah.

He could cure the virus himself and they would attack him.

Old 03-09-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
What could Trump do that the idiots on this forum wouldn't attack with their normal bag of tricks IE "racist" "Xenophobe" blah blah blah.

He could cure the virus himself and they would attack him.
I’m not sure what they expect Trump to do, but I’m not listening to him for health advise, I listened to the head of the CDC, Robert Redfield, who is a professional in this area. Trump should not be our source for all things China virus.

Old 03-09-2020, 02:59 PM

590 posts, read 555,051 times
Just as others have said, it's not Trump's job to manage all aspects of the coronavirus problem, there's only so much he could do, and he as already done enough by stopping travel from China, and more. He has done more in a short amount of time, as opposed to the 6 months it took Obama and Biden to take action when the H1N1 virus, better known as The Swine Flu, was discovered in early 2009, and after over 3,000 people died in the United States from the virus.

The left have nothing better to do but find a reason to fault Trump for not doing enough.

Old 03-09-2020, 03:01 PM

2,400 posts, read 754,961 times
Quote:
I’m not sure what they expect Trump to do, but I’m not listening to him for health advise, I listened to the head of the CDC, Robert Redfield, who is a professional in this area. Trump should not be our source for all things China virus.
I agree! He's a politician. He can only do so much. Get the right people in important roles. Strong arm congress into financing their plans (he's done that, got 8 billion already).

Pence was in Minnesota meeting with 3M, the true experts on how to protect people from the spread of a virus bug.

From what I can see he's doing an excellent job considering the road blocks the Democrats continually throw in front of him.

If 10,000 people die they will accept if if they can score some lame political victory against Trump.

He'll win reelection anyway of course.

Old 03-09-2020, 03:03 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Behavior has ZERO implications on what’s happening here, how do you not understand that. If Trump tells you to go jump off a bridge would you do it? We can think for ourselves people, the CDC (the professionals) says to wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds, and that the risk to the public (especially the young and health, is low). That’s all there is folks, the rest is manufactured panic.
Have you read the cdc advise? Go back and reread.

Old 03-09-2020, 03:03 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
I agree! He's a politician. He can only do so much. Get the right people in important roles. Strong arm congress into financing their plans (he's done that, got 8 billion already).

Pence was in Minnesota meeting with 3M, the true experts on how to protect people from the spread of a virus bug.

From what I can see he's doing an excellent job considering the road blocks the Democrats continually throw in front of him.

If 10,000 people die they will accept if if they can score some lame political victory against Trump.

He'll win reelection anyway of course.
What road block was thrown that is related to this issue?

Trump's messaging on this has contradicted the experts.
He did not want to have the boat docked in California because he didn't want the numbers to go up. That alone is some deranged thinking.

Old 03-09-2020, 03:04 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,658,433 times
Nope...should've been rapid wide scale testing (South Korea tested 66,000 the first week) when the first case was discovered in America to prevent this pandemic...cat now out of the bag. Hope we don't look like China/Italy soon...

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/607597/

Old 03-09-2020, 03:05 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
the choice is shut down the economy completely for a period of time and stop people from earning an income to pay for food and shelter for their families vs a possiblilty of spreading a disease that may become a pandemic and kill many people. I have no idea what choice i would make as I don't have enough information to make that decision. I did not vote in this poll.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 03-09-2020 at 03:15 PM..

Old 03-09-2020, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Have you read the cdc advise? Go back and reread.
Thanks for saying that, updating myself now.

Messonnier noted, however, that officials do not expect most people to suffer severe cases of Covid-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus. She pointed to data from China, where the outbreak began and thousands of cases have been reviewed, that showed that some 80% of cases were mild and only a few percent were critical.

The most common symptoms of Covid-19 include fever and cough. In more serious cases, it can cause pneumonia. There have been more than 500 confirmed cases in the United States, and more than 20 deaths.

Messonnier, the director of CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, used the press briefing Monday to urge Americans who face higher risks of developing more severe disease, including seniors and people with underlying health conditions, to take precautions and prepare. Such steps include avoiding crowds and contact with people who are sick, and frequent hand washing.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/09/...official-says/

Again, nothing about this things screams panic. The sick and elderly (which is probably the majority of posters on this site) should take caution. The rest of us, just take responsible precautions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies