Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2020, 08:44 PM

3,291 posts, read 2,773,197 times

Advertisements

The survival rate is 99.7%+. almost all the nonsurvivors are comorbidites, suffering from other things like pneuomonia nd heart disease. very much like a harsh chest cold. which is exactly what corona 19 is.

Old 06-22-2020, 12:01 PM

70 posts, read 31,116 times
Just like only 0.3% of drunk driving deaths are the result of succumbing to alcohol poisoning while behind the wheel.

Guns don't kill people. Bullets kill people.

It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the bottom.

If 38% of y'all spent 50% as much of your energy seeking to understand things as opposed to the energy you spend being willfully ignorant, this country would be 300% better off.

It's science.

Old 06-22-2020, 12:44 PM

29 posts, read 11,047 times
Fauci did say something to the effect of "Americans shouldn’t worry about the virus" twice in late January, when there was one reported covid-19 case in the U.S. Both times, Fauci added that the situation could change.

I still get people forwarding this one around from their Facebook accounts: https://www.law.com/texaslawyer/2020...20200522142152 Since they used the CDC's numbers, I think it's interesting to look at the updated table today. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/index.htm

Interesting article comparing COVID to flu deaths in Nevada: https://thenevadaindependent.com/art...analysis-shows

Old 06-22-2020, 01:29 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFury View Post
Just like only 0.3% of drunk driving deaths are the result of succumbing to alcohol poisoning while behind the wheel.

Guns don't kill people. Bullets kill people.

It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the bottom.

If 38% of y'all spent 50% as much of your energy seeking to understand things as opposed to the energy you spend being willfully ignorant, this country would be 300% better off.

It's science.
A 90%+ survival rate is zero reason to shut down a country. If you’re scared of that, it’s best to stay home.

Last edited by erieguy; 06-22-2020 at 01:52 PM..

Old 06-22-2020, 04:11 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
It's science.
Let's remember something when you say such a comment, "It's science". Well the virus end of things is science and they have failed us miserably, but that isn't my point. My point is, it isn't only science at all. It is WAY more than that. As you can clearly see by massive protesting, there is a lot of mental illness on top of that science. People gathering and not thinking about COVID is another aspect. Then there is the economy that will just CRUSH young people to save very old people. That is another consideration. Do we want to continually crush the global economy when we are just really destroying our children's lives? Really? Oh, lets just focus on "science". Sure. Please spare me the science thing. Sure we can listen to the MORONS that don't even know how this damn thing spreads yet. Seriously, mother nature is kicking our so-called brightest minds asses. They aren't all that as we can clearly see. We are in this for over 1/2 a year and I have seen NOTHING from the science department. They are a joke compared to this virus.

Personally, I think we need a balance. Thankfully, we aren't all the left snowflake idiots that have no idea of how we eat, or house each other. They really are total idiots and some even think it would be good for a collapse. Such idiots.

Anyway. best to look at the whole picture, but I doubt most can.

Old 06-22-2020, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Let's remember something when you say such a comment, "It's science". Well the virus end of things is science and they have failed us miserably, but that isn't my point. My point is, it isn't only science at all. It is WAY more than that. As you can clearly see by massive protesting, there is a lot of mental illness on top of that science. People gathering and not thinking about COVID is another aspect. Then there is the economy that will just CRUSH young people to save very old people. That is another consideration. Do we want to continually crush the global economy when we are just really destroying our children's lives? Really? Oh, lets just focus on "science". Sure. Please spare me the science thing. Sure we can listen to the MORONS that don't even know how this damn thing spreads yet. Seriously, mother nature is kicking our so-called brightest minds asses. They aren't all that as we can clearly see. We are in this for over 1/2 a year and I have seen NOTHING from the science department. They are a joke compared to this virus.

Personally, I think we need a balance. Thankfully, we aren't all the left snowflake idiots that have no idea of how we eat, or house each other. They really are total idiots and some even think it would be good for a collapse. Such idiots.

Anyway. best to look at the whole picture, but I doubt most can.
Throwaway Ron Burgundy meme absolutely triggers resident RWNJ. Keep blowing hard, chief.

Old 06-22-2020, 06:29 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Throwaway Ron Burgundy meme absolutely triggers resident RWNJ. Keep blowing hard, chief.
That's it? That s your response? Oh, I see the light. You have persuaded me. Sure. You need to do better than that, but I have a feeling you can't. Reread my intelligent response and learn.

Old 06-22-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
That's it? That s your response? Oh, I see the light. You have persuaded me. Sure. You need to do better than that, but I have a feeling you can't. Reread my intelligent response and learn.
If there’s one thing you can count on, it’s an intelligent person waxing philosophical about how intelligent they are. Sixty percent of the time it happens all the time.

Tell you what, stable genius... When I furrowed my eyebrows and pored over your intelligent response I was so thoroughly educated and filled with redirected purpose that I quit my job and licked an elevator button to clear the way for the younger people that your utterly transparent ilk have suddenly decided you should pretend to care about so, so much.

Please re-read my comparably Luddite post, what I was responding to and the obviously peer reviewed numbers I cited and ask why, given that context, you reacted like you did. Thanks for your hot take. Yet another soggy cracker on the floor of this forum.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:09 AM

684 posts, read 419,644 times
Quote:
If there’s one thing you can count on, it’s an intelligent person waxing philosophical about how intelligent they are. Sixty percent of the time it happens all the time.

Tell you what, stable genius... When I furrowed my eyebrows and pored over your intelligent response I was so thoroughly educated and filled with redirected purpose that I quit my job and licked an elevator button to clear the way for the younger people that your utterly transparent ilk have suddenly decided you should pretend to care about so, so much.

Please re-read my comparably Luddite post, what I was responding to and the obviously peer reviewed numbers I cited and ask why, given that context, you reacted like you did. Thanks for your hot take. Yet another soggy cracker on the floor of this forum.

^^^^^
Bingo

Old 06-23-2020, 06:13 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prnlvsxy View Post
^^^^^
Bingo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies