Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2020, 07:18 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnlvsxy View Post
I just don't have the patience to go back and forth like that.
Really? Pages 121 to 125 are you and erie.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:19 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prnlvsxy View Post
Ok, that's 2 times that I honestly tried.

Shame on me for getting roped in and thinking I could have a legit discussion I guess.
I just don't have the patience to go back and forth like that.

You win, Jack.
Sorry you can’t accept the percentage I’ve given at least 10 times.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:22 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Really? Pages 121 to 125 are you and erie.
Welcome back. What’s your thoughts on the virus?

Old 07-02-2020, 09:45 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,038,833 times
Allegheny County posted 223 new cases today, more than doubling the previous record just set.

It's bad out there guys. Stay the eff at home if you can.

Old 07-02-2020, 12:56 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
Meanwhile there’s a positive case at my fiance’s office, and it’s still business as usual.

There have been two positive cases in our office. Was and still is business as usual.

We were both recently informed via e-mail that our respective organizations are no longer awarding 10 “AP” (administrative pay) days if we contract COVID-19. We’re being told we need to use our own PTO or go unpaid if we don’t have enough. Some in my office have already said they’re going to come into work anyways if they get COVID-19 because it’s not fair those who got it at our offices up to this point received better treatment than those of us who WILL likely still get it.

Essential workers are really getting the shaft during this. If we’re not rewarded somehow when this ends you’re going to see a LOT of job-hopping from those of us who feel like we don’t matter.

I saw 5,000,000 jobs were created last month, and now the unemployment rate is barely higher than it was during the Great Recession, so it’s not like employers should feel like they have the “luxury” of turning off their good employees because the labor market is likely to become extremely tight again not long after the pandemic ends.

Old 07-02-2020, 01:16 PM

2,109 posts, read 2,160,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Meanwhile there’s a positive case at my fiance’s office, and it’s still business as usual.

There have been two positive cases in our office. Was and still is business as usual.

We were both recently informed via e-mail that our respective organizations are no longer awarding 10 “AP” (administrative pay) days if we contract COVID-19. We’re being told we need to use our own PTO or go unpaid if we don’t have enough. Some in my office have already said they’re going to come into work anyways if they get COVID-19 because it’s not fair those who got it at our offices up to this point received better treatment than those of us who WILL likely still get it.

Essential workers are really getting the shaft during this. If we’re not rewarded somehow when this ends you’re going to see a LOT of job-hopping from those of us who feel like we don’t matter.

I saw 5,000,000 jobs were created last month, and now the unemployment rate is barely higher than it was during the Great Recession, so it’s not like employers should feel like they have the “luxury” of turning off their good employees because the labor market is likely to become extremely tight again not long after the pandemic ends.
Do you work for the County or the City still? And your job cannot be done remotely (due to lack of the appropriate technology being in place, not because it cannot be done, in theory)?

I wish I could say something that would change things, but I can't. This sucks man. I am sorry.

Old 07-02-2020, 01:52 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,414,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post

This pandemic really has shown people and company's true colors. Seems like your company has shown theirs. I'd start looking around if I was you and you are able to. Screw 'em.

Old 07-02-2020, 02:01 PM

14,353 posts, read 17,038,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsStanwix? View Post
Do you work for the County or the City still? And your job cannot be done remotely (due to lack of the appropriate technology being in place, not because it cannot be done, in theory)?

I wish I could say something that would change things, but I can't. This sucks man. I am sorry.
While in theory all public-sector workers qualify for those 10 days of emergency sick pay related to COVID-19, SCR is a dispatcher, which is typically classified as a first responder. Unfortunately offering emergency sick pay to first responders is entirely optional under the law.

Old 07-02-2020, 02:59 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
How bad is it really? How many are asymptomatic?

https://triblive.com/local/pittsburg...e-experts-say/

Old 07-02-2020, 03:51 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,057,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmidnight View Post
This pandemic really has shown people and company's true colors. Seems like your company has shown theirs. I'd start looking around if I was you and you are able to. Screw 'em.
to tag on to this suggestion above, SCR, try the state. it could take months to get in, but i hear it is a great organization, compared to the city definitely, and county level positions.

i have known a lot of PennDOT people, some DEP people (the DEP nerds LOVE their organization)....all are quite content at the very worst.

just a suggestion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies