Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2020, 07:01 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,052,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Umm, I find it interesting it’s being promoted. No idea what you’re talking about referring to masks and a gas station in regards to an ice skating rink being opened.
thats what i was pointing out - a sign on a business door saying "enter w/ a mask", but no one has a mask. inconsistent practice, inconsistent enforcement, etc.

Old 11-23-2020, 07:33 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,196,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
thats what i was pointing out - a sign on a business door saying "enter w/ a mask", but no one has a mask. inconsistent practice, inconsistent enforcement, etc.
Ice Skating is for entertainment purposes, and likely to have a lot more people gathered around than a gas station. Besides, I thought city folk all wore masks.

Old 11-23-2020, 07:41 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,990,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post

Would you confront someone not wearing a mask or wearing a mask below their nose? How would you have public businesses enforce this?

Old 11-23-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Would you confront someone not wearing a mask or wearing a mask below their nose? How would you have public businesses enforce this?
I’m wagering no by anyone who complains about it on a message board. There’s actually a thread where it was asked why do some Pittsburghers refuse to wear a mask, and the poster was scared to ask people that weren’t wearing a mask, the question.

As to public businesses enforcing it, pretty simple to make people that don’t comply, leave until they do comply. I do, however, realize that depending on where the business is, the business owner would be fearful of retaliation...and let’s not forget that the lack of police presence, and likely defunding, is certainly a concern.

Old 11-23-2020, 09:25 AM

433 posts, read 287,197 times
Sorry for beating a dead horse but from a business point of view, I would think that Pfizer and other businesses, if anthing, would announce their vaccine success prematurelly, in order to beat the other companies to the punch. Also, wouldn't these vaccine companies see Trump as better for their bottom line as there would be more potential for price restrictions or price ceilings under Biden? Perhaps I'm underestimating the hate Trump bandwagon.

Old 11-23-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor Face View Post
Sorry for beating a dead horse but from a business point of view, I would think that Pfizer and other businesses, if anthing, would announce their vaccine success prematurelly, in order to beat the other companies to the punch. Also, wouldn't these vaccine companies see Trump as better for their bottom line as there would be more potential for price restrictions or price ceilings under Biden? Perhaps I'm underestimating the hate Trump bandwagon.
Imo, you’re underestimating it. The hate Trump bandwagon has no boundaries....yet the vaccines have become available and will be known so, with Trump in office.

Old 11-23-2020, 12:34 PM

882 posts, read 335,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor Face View Post

Yes, only the fully indoctrinated cult members actually think there's a coordinated conspiracy here.

Old 11-23-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
Yes, only the fully indoctrinated cult members actually think there's a coordinated conspiracy here.
Lol

Old 11-23-2020, 12:59 PM

994 posts, read 501,610 times
Quote:
Perhaps I'm underestimating the hate Trump bandwagon.
They have no logic, or common sense. They live for hate and their idea of any policy is simply to "own the libs."

The hate filled right pukes the same tired comments here all day and almost immediately after any comment calling them out. Just like trump, they are juvenile and petty.

The only thing that the right does more than hate is engage in conspiracy theories. The vaccine is a great example. Apparently every company involved colluded to wait until after the election to announce the vaccine, as if announcing it sooner (or now) is the same as actually getting vaccinated.

People should applaud that it's far along and it should be well under way in 2021, saving many lives.
Imagine how many lives that could have been saved if the president gave a s h i t and also didn't mock basic measures to curtal the spread.

Last edited by Joe_P; 11-23-2020 at 02:25 PM..

Old 11-23-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_P View Post
They have no logic, or common sense. They live for hate and their idea of any policy is simply to "own the libs."
Lol. Pretty sure he’s referring to Biden supporters in regards to the Trump hate bandwagon. Trump supporters love seeing the vaccine happening, especially under Trump.

The miracle of it happening just after the election, however, is quite convenient. Had it happened sooner, more lives could’ve been saved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies