Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2020, 02:54 PM

12,441 posts, read 9,540,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am a Millennial, born in 1985. I have a friend who was born in 1984. He said he must get a test done as early as possible, so he can secure a hospital bed, in case he needs it.

Some are careless, ignorant, and selfish. I sometimes feel not giving the test to SOME people will be a better choice.

The good news is that since my friend cannot get a test done, and he is coughing and has low grade fever, he bought OTC meds and stay home. Now he's getting better, he is still home. Good news for all of us.
Absolutely, it's better if these decisions are made by a doctor - someone who is a dispassionate judge, rather than an anxiety-filled patient.

Old 03-14-2020, 02:55 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I can't wipe my butt with a gun. Next question. Mind you, I don't care how many guns or how much ammo you have
Well, you could, however you might shoot your butt off.

Old 03-14-2020, 02:55 PM

25,738 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
He - didn't, actually. Google's response was "We're doing what, now?"
The company setting up the web site is a Google subsidiary, so Trump should have clarified that, and its also only being set up for California initially.

Trump tried to make it more than it was, and was not as accurate and clear as he could have been.

At least he didnt blow $874,000,000 of American taxpayer money by outsourcing it to Canada like the Obama's did with the trainwreck ACA web site

Old 03-14-2020, 02:56 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Absolutely, it's better if these decisions are made by a doctor - someone who is a dispassionate judge, rather than an anxiety-filled patient.
exactly!

In my state, there is a drive through test location.

Still, you need a doctor's approval before getting the test done, and I think it works great.

Old 03-14-2020, 02:57 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Saw where a poison control center said that drinking bleach does not wart off coronavirus. Have we gone that mad?

Old 03-14-2020, 02:58 PM

989 posts, read 456,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The company setting up the web site is a Google subsidiary, so Trump should have clarified that, and its also only being set up for California initially.

Trump tried to make it more than it was, and was not as accurate and clear as he could have been.

At least he didnt blow $874,000,000 of American taxpayer money by outsourcing it to Canada like the Obama's did with the trainwreck ACA web site
That's just contracting at its finest. Don't blame "the Obama's" for that. I mean, what? Does that include Michelle too. That sounds so ignorant.

ACA website contract was solicited and bid like every other government contract under normal operating procedures. If taxpayers cared, they'd demand sole source to the most talented company out there. But then you'd be whining about an exponentially higher cost than what was paid.

9,576 posts, read 7,336,890 times
Infected people without symptoms might be driving the spread of coronavirus more than we realized

Several experts interviewed by CNN said while it's unclear exactly what percentage of the transmission in the outbreak is fueled by people who are obviously sick versus those who have no symptoms or very mild symptoms, it's become clear that transmission by people who are asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic is responsible for more transmission than previously thought.

"We now know that asymptomatic transmission likely [plays] an important role in spreading this virus," said Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota.

Osterholm added that it's "absolutely clear" that asymptomatic infection "surely can fuel a pandemic like this in a way that's going to make it very difficult to control."

"There is also strong evidence that it can be transmitted by people who are just mildly ill or even presymptomatic. That means COVID-19 will be much harder to contain than the Middle East respiratory syndrome or severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), which were spread much less efficiently and only by symptomatic people," he wrote, using the scientific word for the disease caused by the virus.

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Saw where a poison control center said that drinking bleach does not wart off coronavirus. Have we gone that mad?
common sense is not so common.

Old 03-14-2020, 03:00 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
About a week and a half ago I saw something from CDC saying they were going to do "field testing" in 5 large cities ……...don't remember exactly which ones...…...to determine extent of spread.

It was a vague explanation sounding like it would be anonymous testing either from samples that were already in labs for other purposes?? or some other means. Not meant to test individuals, but solely to see how widespread the virus was.

Havent seen anything else about that.

Pretty sure that never materialized, and was over shadowed by the need for testing nation wide and hindered by tests that did not work
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-14-2020, 03:01 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Kinda reminds me of the Tide Pods Challenge thing where a bunch of idiot kids were actually eating Tide Pods.

Why are people so stupid???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies