Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2020, 11:32 AM

39,310 posts, read 27,692,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The weather sucks today (by southern California standards...you natives are wimps) so that's something to consider but I drove past the pier this morning just to check it out and it's a ghost town.

No guy dressed up like Cookie Monster dancing, no homeless guy in a bathrobe laughing hysterically to himself, and no guy beating a drum doing some kind of rhythmic chant.

Sort of feels empty...in here (taps on chest).
lol

Old 03-14-2020, 11:33 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,720,553 times
Default Bootlickers, Sycophants and Toadies

The Trump administration has left high levels of the federal government infested with incompetent fools, whose main qualification is a willingness to cover for the boss. We have a national emergency, but nobody even picked up the phone to tell McConnell he had to come in to work on Saturday.

Trump is so focused on dismantling everything Obama ever did that he fired the whole National Security Council's Pandemic Response Team. Obama put it in place because SARS, MERS, and Ebola represented a real threat to US security, not to mention the possibility of biological warfare.

Trump bootlicker Alex Azar proceeded to make idiotic choices, like blocking recruitment of world class experts because they might embarrass the Idiot In Chief. We could have bought the Covid-19 tests from Germany and been testing for two months, except that might have embarrassed the Idiot In Chief.

The stock market panic can be laid directly at the feet of Trump's obsession with numbers. Nobody at the highest levels of US government has the nerve to tell the truth. The CDC has been blocking testing. Individual states have had to develop their own tests because of obstruction from the Trump administration.

Investors are not stupid. They know the whole Trump administration has been lying to them. Powell dropped interest rates and injected $1.5 trillion into the money supply, which settled the waters for a bit, but this is a marathon, not a sprint. Everybody knows the US economy will shrink 5% by July, and the recession has already started. Top money managers don't have the luxury of being True Believers. If you want to pick up corporate bonds, you can buy them really cheap.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:34 AM

20,838 posts, read 17,144,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Because people are not keeping up with the swift changes in actions.

They are still stuck on week's old "But Korea is testing everyone". Fine and now Korea says that didn't work so they are on to the next thing...isolation which worked in China.

Just seems to me the US will skip the "everyone gets tested" phase because it's been proven not to work.
We've moved into the isolation phase with closures and cancellations.
They are stuck on "there must be a pill for this"? We don't want to have to do anything.

39,310 posts, read 27,692,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Because people are not keeping up with the swift changes in actions.

They are still stuck on week's old "But Korea is testing everyone". Fine and now Korea says that didn't work so they are on to the next thing...isolation which worked in China.

Just seems to me the US will skip the "everyone gets tested" phase because it's been proven not to work.
We've moved into the isolation phase with closures and cancellations.
yeah, I totally agree with you.

I am at a point where I assume everybody around me has the virus, so what am I going to do besides self isolating. Stay home as much as I could.

21,989 posts, read 15,749,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
If you're sick stay at home. If you are a senior citizen speak with your doctor and isolate. Eat nutritious food and take your tempetture routinely. If you become short of breath call 911.
For about the tenth time, what does the senior do that lives in an assisted living facility, gets sick, goes to the hospital, can't get a test, but the assisted living facilities refuses their return because they can't show a clean test? This is happening right now. Seniors are finding themselves with no place to go if they don't have family.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:35 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,101,887 times
Quote:
Kicking the horse never worked then, probably won't work now.

He is the President of the United States of America and we are all citizens. His smarts' is why we are containing this killer.
LOL. Spoken like a true cultist. We'll talk again in a few weeks when Trump's "smarts" contained nothing and our healthcare system is inundated precisely because he did nothing for three months.

I'm with Mikala. I'm done with you. Speaking to such ignorance is fruitless.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:35 AM

47,020 posts, read 26,088,934 times
Quote:
We don't need a test to stop the virus. Would you rather have test numbers or containment?
Ehm - both? Without testing, you have no data to base your containment policy on.

Christ, the mental gymnastics you and yours engage in to rationalize the fact that your nation was ridiculously poorly prepared, and the leadership so far has been worse than merely absent.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:36 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,240,655 times
Quote:
Kicking the horse never worked then, probably won't work now.

He is the President of the United States of America and we are all citizens. His smarts' is why we are containing this killer.
There is no evidence that this killer is being contained.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:37 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,101,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ehm - both? Without testing, you have no data to base your containment policy on.

Christ, the mental gymnastics you and yours engage in to rationalize the fact that your nation was ridiculously poorly prepared, and the leadership so far has been worse than merely absent.
The master is never wrong. He tells his cult this every day and they believe it. AADAD is the perfect example of a Trump patsy.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:37 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,781,577 times
You left off "scapegoats" in your list of what the Trump inner circle consists of.

I cannot believe that the office that was once rightfully and proudly claimed to be where the buck stops is now disclaiming responsibility for its own actions.

"I have no knowledge of that" has got to be the most damning statement Trump has ever said. He was elected to be the leader which means direct and final responsibility for the Executive branch. Those words are going to bite him in the ass come November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies