Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2020, 06:39 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,595,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Really from your liberal bible the New York Times

So you can imagine if the country goes into a depression what would happen

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/05/h...udy-finds.html
The false choice is grounded in your assumption that sacrificing the elderly and infirm will cause us to avoid the economic consequences of covid19. I don't see any reason to believe it will. It has nothing to do with suicide rates.

Yours are the types of talking points I would expect from a person who lacks any understanding of the global economy and how it works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2020, 06:41 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,098,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
As Cuomo explained during his presser yesterday, the problem with the voluntary manufacturing is two-fold. First, absent the fiscal injection that is associated with the DPA, most manufacturers will not be able to shift their manufacturing to the needed goods in time. Ventilators will not do us any good if they aren't received for 2 months. Second, absent a guaranteed market, businesses who simply volunteer will be incentivized to under-manufacture in fear that they will be left with excess stock.

I think Left wingers want 40% of Americans unemployed, begging on the street. Just like the communist system they've been dreaming of for 40 years now - the middle-class, eradicated for eternity in America.

At least it might guarantee Trump is one-term, am I right?

Old 03-25-2020, 06:43 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,869,746 times
Quote:
Talk about demagoguery...what a jerk!

Really Fredo if you say life is so precious and not expendable why not ban cars..aren’t 1000’s of people killed each year in car crashes!

Get lost you phony..you fraud!

What I find odd is that you complain about a smart, articulate, experienced man like Cuomo, and yet you love a not intelligent, bumbling, rambling, inexperienced twit like Donald Trump.

Maybe Cuomo uses too big of words for Trump supporters to understand. Yeah, that is probably it.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:44 AM

Personally I would ship EVERY...LAST...ONE of so-called "refugees" and border jumpers straight the eff back to wherever they came from. What...50 million of them???

Now people who gave every once of blood, sweat and tears to their country are going to have a ventilator given to these people who have NO RIGHT TO BE HERE!!!!!

SICK!!!

Old 03-25-2020, 06:44 AM

12,530 posts, read 9,615,294 times
Quote:
Again...If he’s so concerned about life why not ban cars?
So, you're angry that Governor Cuomo is trying to save the people in his state, and now arguing that he can't be sincere, because his state has cars. You're completely insane.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM

23,584 posts, read 17,262,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
I don't think he's the jerk, dear. Or the fraud! Or the demagogue pushing political activity and practices that seek support by appealing to the desires and prejudices of people rather than by using rational argument. ( in case you need to learn the definition of the word you mimic)

Or the phony. Nice touch btw in never forgetting to use an ethnic slur.
Ethnic slur? same mindset that thinks AC is not spreading fear and confusion as he rambles on and on and on and on.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:47 AM

Governor Cuomo just signed a bill into law legalizing abortion up until birth. He literally couldn't care less about human life. The dude is the most fraudulent con artist on the planet. Pro-open borders...now he's crying he's overpopulated?

NOW we are all seeing the evil of ignorant "progressivism", playing out right before our eyes.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:48 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,595,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I think Left wingers want 40% of Americans unemployed, begging on the street. Just like the communist system they've been dreaming of for 40 years now - the middle-class, eradicated for eternity in America.

At least it might guarantee Trump is one-term, am I right?
I haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about. First, invoking the DPA would increase employment. Second, invoking the DPA would allow the health care system to better handle the anticipated wave and would thus likely be a boon to the economy. Third, the justification for invoking the DPA is entirely humanitarian and really has nothing to do with the economy. Maybe you posted this on the wrong thread?

21,430 posts, read 7,473,682 times
Quote:
FYI...right wingers are not wishing death on senior citizens...stop spreading “BS”
We have seen that sentiment all over this forum lately. Even the Lt Governor of Texas was quoted in support. Is this something you haven't seen?

11,228 posts, read 8,317,439 times
Quote:
Talk about demagoguery...what a jerk!

Really Fredo if you say life is so precious and not expendable why not ban cars..aren’t 1000’s of people killed each year in car crashes!

Get lost you phony..you fraud!
I don't think you are handling the stress of this crisis very well. Not trying to be funny or take veiled attacks, I am seriously concerned about you. You seem to have some kind of "DS".

Be well, and take things in stride. We're all going to disagree at times, we'll all see the same things through different lens. Friendly debate is healthy. What you are spreading is not.

Last edited by Myghost; 03-25-2020 at 06:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies