Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2020, 03:33 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
It should have started preparing the nation two months ago for the inevitable. It did not. Trump was out there repeatedly downplaying and dismissing it as a threat.
Last month, the head of the WHO disagreed with President Trump’s decision to shut down air travel for those arriving from China; the head of the WHO sounds like a very nice globalist here: “Global connectiveness is a weakness in this outbreak but it is also our greatest strength.”

Can you imagine what the burden on our tottering health care system would be currently if we had open borders and Medicare for all, including illegal aliens?

As Democrats might get the recession they prayed for, they want to help it along by burdening the economy with wasteful and expensive junk from their gift bag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2020, 03:37 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickafro View Post
This is the ONLY thing you guys hang your hat on. When has he EVER stopped doing ANYTHING because he was called something from the left? He was called a racist for ATTEMPTING to build a wall also, that didn’t stop him.

Where’s our ventilators? What happened to him saying, “he’s not responsible”? Where’s our PPE’s? Why did he bring back those cruise ship passengers against cdc’s advice? Should I go on? HE DROPPED THE BALL. He’s a FAILURE. He will reap what he sows. Blood is in HIS hands.
Exactly. Did the Dems stop the restrictions? Nope.

The same weak crap from the same posters over and over again.

Old 03-25-2020, 03:38 PM

2,495 posts, read 866,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickafro View Post
This is the ONLY thing you guys hang your hat on. When has he EVER stopped doing ANYTHING because he was called something from the left? He was called a racist for ATTEMPTING to build a wall also, that didn’t stop him.

Where’s our ventilators? What happened to him saying, “he’s not responsible”? Where’s our PPE’s? Why did he bring back those cruise ship passengers against cdc’s advice? Should I go on? HE DROPPED THE BALL. He’s a FAILURE. He will reap what he sows. Blood is in HIS hands.
Those cruise ship passengers are American citizens.

Everybody on Earth is clamoring for PPE's. If stockpiles of them go deteriorating unused from the 90s in the musty corner of a warehouse, the left would just turn their noses up at them. Earth is a messy place.

Old 03-25-2020, 03:40 PM

Don't get distracted, Democrats still have eyes on the prize, even at the expense of the people. Democrats move in a singular direction, unified toward a singular goal: to protect and elect Democrats, and to oust President Trump (Russia, Russia, Russia, God there were so many attempts I forget them all).

And Dems continued gnashing of teeth and attempts to blame anyone but themselves over this virus is no different.

Old 03-25-2020, 03:44 PM

Democrats; with the Biden candidacy we're witnessing the most massively unprecedented case of elder abuse. No thinking person would allow their someone who regularly forget where they are, forgets dates, names, etc, to handle a stove. Democrats, however, intend to put the largest economy and military in Man’s history in the hands of a man who does just that. They could care less about the quality of Democrat candidates---just so long as those candidates beat the Republican..

Old 03-25-2020, 03:44 PM

2,495 posts, read 866,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
All I had to hear from this president was that he had a "feeling" about the anti-malarial drug possibly helping
I don't care what the left called him. Its irrelevant & I'm not a leftist.
The approval has FDA regulations attached. He won't be the one prescribing them.

Old 03-25-2020, 03:45 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,748,808 times
If we were only so lucky..

Old 03-25-2020, 03:46 PM

1,781 posts, read 955,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
There's a lot of those people in Houston, too.
I don’t think so.

Old 03-25-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
All I had to hear from this president was that he had a "feeling" about the anti-malarial drug possibly helping
I don't care what the left called him. Its irrelevant & I'm not a leftist.
Without the ideal drugs to treat the virus and people are dying, you go with what you've got.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:06 PM

8,331 posts, read 2,959,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Then who voted for him, people from Utah ?
More CV cases than all other states combined. Who’s listening? They’re out socializing. Other states don’t want NYers visiting theirs. You think Cuomo bares no responsibility? He whined about kids playing in playgrounds today yet once again does nothing.

So because he’s done far too little far too late he wants more ventilators.

30,000 cases of CV. The next state has around 3000. Hello!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies