Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2020, 07:02 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I have elderly parents also and I'm not a right winger but both Cuomo and De Blasio have to accept blame for the spread in NYC. They continue to allow NYers to fly to Florida, go to their cottages in mid state to ride this out - even though they may be infected and spreading this. They didn't shut down the schools soon enough and I'm sorry but chocolate factories, cookie factories and cupcake shops are exactly what I'd call essential in staying open - you may as well let people go back to their jobs when you have so many non-essential businesses up and running.
People up in the Adirondacks do NOT want New Yorkers coming up there now, that's for sure.

Essex County put out a press release today saying that they do not want people coming in from outside the county, putting the populace at risk and taking resources away from those who are full-time residents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2020, 07:03 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
LOL (and I live in Texas (in the Houston metro)).

However, all of Texas = just under 262,000 square miles, and over 75% of the population of Texas lives in the 60,000 square miles of the Texaplex.

An at least slightly more meaningful comparison might be between the whole Texaplex or the four major metro areas in the Texaplex (Houston, San Antonio, Austin, and DFW) and the New York-Newark CSA (NYC, the rest of Long island, 3 counties in CT, and 23 other counties in NY, NJ, and PA)
The density of the NYC/Newark/Hoboken is far greater than any conglomeration you could put together anywhere in Texas.

Now be careful you don't trip over that steer skull, 'pardner.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:04 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
People up in the Adirondacks do NOT want New Yorkers coming up there now, that's for sure.

Essex County put out a press release today saying that they do not want people coming in from outside the county, putting the populace at risk and taking resources away from those who are full-time residents.
I'll be up there in a few minutes with my trunkload of rifles and canned food looking to squat.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:12 PM

10,534 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Live in NY State or NYC - there is a difference. The boards would actually open your eyes to the fact that those in NYC aren't too pleased with Cuomo right now - but.... so many wear blinders I know.
I don't care about the opinions of two people on a city data subforum. It represents nothing. I live 25 minutes on the train from Grand Central Station in a suburb where 90% of the residents work in the city. Practically everyone I know has at least one partner that works either on wall street, or in a NYC hospital.
I've said multiple times I'm at the epicenter of the New York containment zone. And I'm telling you, people here are couldn't be more grateful or impressed with how Cuomo has handled this. Do you live in New York? No. I do.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:27 PM

956 posts, read 1,207,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I don't care about the opinions of two people on a city data subforum. It represents nothing. I live 25 minutes on the train from Grand Central Station in a suburb where 90% of the residents work in the city. Practically everyone I know has at least one partner that works either on wall street, or in a NYC hospital.
I've said multiple times I'm at the epicenter of the New York containment zone. And I'm telling you, people here are couldn't be more grateful or impressed with how Cuomo has handled this. Do you live in New York? No. I do.
Same here. There is a lot of faults and criticism in Cuomo and this is not one of them. He's acting like a president.

I'm not surprise since the Trump cult cannot ever criticize or say anything negative about their messiah. So instead they turn the whole thing around and blame Cuomo. Nobody is falling for that garbage outside of the cult.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:19 PM

8,340 posts, read 2,966,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHudson View Post
Same here. There is a lot of faults and criticism in Cuomo and this is not one of them. He's acting like a president.

I'm not surprise since the Trump cult cannot ever criticize or say anything negative about their messiah. So instead they turn the whole thing around and blame Cuomo. Nobody is falling for that garbage outside of the cult.
The garbage media and many here hammer Trump daily since he ran for POTUS. You Cuomo fans can handle a little of the same. Trust me.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:36 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickafro View Post
Right. It doesn’t matter what the cult THINKS. The nation SEES how trump dropped the ball and continues to fumble. Cuomo is on tv saying New York (soon to be all states) does not have enough ventilators. The nation sees how trump is not doing ANYTHING to make it happen. This will get worse (way past Easter) and more and more will see. He puts pence in charge because when it hits the fan and we collapse, he can blame pence. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU PUT THE VP TO LEAD THE WAY IN SOMETHING LIKE THIS?!?!? Obama was man enough to lead us during swine flu, Ebola, and Zika. trump is not man enough. He pushes responsibility to the governors and state level.

'' President Donald Trump is making a baseless claim of surging suicides if the U.S. economy remains mostly shut due to the spread of the virus "

More of his scare tactics to get the public back to normal in the middle of this crisis. Its raining on his parade to look like a winner. Remember his other scare tactic that the US economy will fail if he isnt re-elected. He loves to play on peoples fears. Are you really surprised this is his attitude. Fear mongering at its best.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:48 PM

8,340 posts, read 2,966,443 times
Lets jack this thread and talk about Trump. We need a vaccine for TDS.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:50 PM

12,451 posts, read 9,540,640 times
Dump was on Fox news today talking about Cuomo, and basically saying "Oh, so you need 15,000 ventilators eh? Well you should have thought about that before now! Tough s--t!" The complete and utter lack of humanity and empathy in this man is just staggering.

And while he's crapping on Cuomo for being unprepared, do you know many ventilators that Trump has for the entire country, in the Strategic National Stockpile? 16,600! In other words, Trump's federal government, is woefully unprepared for this crisis. He'll keep mugging for the cameras and boasting about the fantastic job he's doing, and claiming that he has everything completely under control, but no, no, that is Orwellian doublespeak.

https://publicintegrity.org/health/c...e-coronavirus/

Old 03-24-2020, 08:54 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I also live is metro ny area and agree with you. I used to hate Cuomo but this crisis has changed my opinion. He has stepped up and is handling this like a true leader. Almost everyone I know is also super happy with the job he is doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies