Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2020, 11:21 AM

43,073 posts, read 18,237,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
I just didn't see all the politicization that I do now. What am I missing?
A lot. Here, read up on it.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-pandemic.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_flu_pandemic

Old 03-13-2020, 11:36 AM

58,996 posts, read 27,280,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Donald Trump's administration was not at the helm. We unfortunately live in a world where, according to Donald Trump, every waking moment, thought, action or issue in this country must be viewed through the lens of how it affects, oh dear leader.

Donald and Company are politicizing and weaponizing an infectious disease as their next effort to divide the country and demonize the Democratic Party. Americans see it. The world sees it.

The ONGOING and CONTINUAL Trump campaign find it necessary to sow absolute chaos in these United States of America. And on each and every issue and aspect of our lives. It is exhausting and is the opposite of governing and the antithesis of the purpose of the formation of our government in these United States of America.
"Donald and Company are politicizing and weaponizing an infectious disease "

Yet biden has a CAMPAIGN add out talking about the virus and in it he is ASKING FOR DONATIONS TO HIS CAMPAIGN.

Old 03-13-2020, 01:19 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Donald and Company are politicizing and weaponizing an infectious disease "
Yet biden has a CAMPAIGN add out .................................
You bet Donald & Company are doing just that. From the get go. This craziness that POTUS is subjecting us to, was entirely predictable to anyone who has been following right-wing politics. It’s just the latest battle in Trump's and the GOP's long-running war on truth.

In the case of Covid-19, Trump and Donny Junior, and many in the WH started with blaming the "Democratic Owned" media for reporting the news of the looming health crisis. (See another thread on this forum where a Trumper is claiming the left wing media didn't do enough to report it. Oh OK. ) It’s all a hoax, a conspiracy by the liberal media to make Donald Trump look bad. Administration officials and Trump himself as well as Junior made those claims over and over, while adults were attempting to stimulate some type of "normal response" from the government. This is Trump POLITICIZING IT, QuickEnough.

Then we have Trump blaming Obama for a regulation that Trump claims hampered him in working on a crisis... wait. What crisis? Its a hoax isn't it? Oops, what regulation? No one has been able to point to that regulation. Why? It doesn't exist. This is WEAPONIZING IT, QuickEnough.

Then we get to the lying, misinformation and denying the reality phase which is always POLITICAL. You know, Trump as Trump placing personal & political gain over nation. POLITICIZING IT.

Now here we are today and POTUS is again tweeting about Swine Flu and Ebola and back to blaming the Democrats and self aggrandizing like the Autocrat wannabe that he is.. POLITICIZING and WEAPONIZING.

Sorry he has you fooled again. Don't beat yourself up too much, though. Trump has had years of practice to turn his paranoia into projection that he sells as propaganda. Even in the realm of health crises. After all, he and his GOP friends engaged in a concerted effort to politically weaponize the 2014 Ebola outbreak against Barack Obama, whose response was, in reality, smart and effective. By the way, in the aftermath of that outbreak the Obama administration put in place measures to deal with future pandemics — all of which Trump scrapped....HMMM wonder why? Oh right: Trump Politics over We The People.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 03-13-2020 at 01:35 PM..

Old 03-13-2020, 01:22 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Quote:
I suspect that the outrage in 2009 has subsided. Wonder if you'll be asking where the outrage about the corona virus in 2031?

Old 03-13-2020, 01:28 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,831,809 times
bUt wHY Is nO OnE mAd abOUt tHe gReAt dEPPResSiOn!?!!??!

Old 03-13-2020, 03:33 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
That's because there isn't anything positive to say.

There are things I'd criticize Obama for. However, Trump has been a disaster in every conceivable manner. There's absolutely no redeeming qualities about him, whatsoever. Worst President since Buchanan.
I feel the same way.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:09 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,317,847 times
Ronald Klain, the former chief of staff to then-Vice President Joe Biden, tweeted that "the Obama administration tested one million people for H1N1 in the first month after the first U.S. diagnosed case," a number that seems within reason seeing as Quidel, a maker of such rapid flu tests, produced some 8 million during the flu season prior to the 2009 outbreak. By comparison, the U.S. has tested some 11,000 people since the first U.S. case on Jan. 21.

Trump additionally hammered the Obama administration for the death of 14,000 Americans during the 2009 outbreak. Again, that's misleading; Joanne Kenen, the health editor at Politico, noted it's actually even "a low number for flu season." By comparison, the CDC estimates there have been between 20,000 to 40,000 flu deaths in the U.S. so far in 2020.

Comparing swine flu and the novel coronavirus does no favors for Trump, either. "The spread of [swine flu] was much slower and the mortality rate was much lower than today's coronavirus," The Washington Post writes. "At the current rate, the United States would hit 20,000 cases [the point at which Obama declared a National Health Emergency] in a matter of weeks, not six months. What's more, the swine flu had a mortality rate of 0.02 percent — about one-50th of the lowest rate health officials are citing for the coronavirus today (1 percent)."

https://theweek.com/speedreads/90200...elp-reelection

Old 03-13-2020, 06:55 PM

7,329 posts, read 4,121,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
This is not worse than swine flu IMO. I vividly remember swine flu.

Only thing that was worse is that people are more panicky and anxious today than they were 10 years ago.
My daughter had swine flue and was sick for over a week. No one else in our family got it. My elderly in-law spent a couple of days with us while she was sick. No one else got sick.

One attorney in New Rochelle spread coronavirus to at least 28 people in a few days.

Old 03-13-2020, 07:11 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,932,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
My wife had the swine flu and no worse than present flu.This one attacks the lungs and pneumonia can kill you.
I want to correct this,my wife and I had swine flu shots,she said her illness,very severe was from flu shot.

Old 03-13-2020, 07:15 PM

62,889 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:
I don't get it either. I have been around long enough to have witnessed several flu's/viruses and never before have I seen people act so crazy as they are now. Canceling schools, sporting events, people going nuts at the stores and especially for toilet paper? WTH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies