Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 04:46 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
I Disclaimer... I support Trump.

I know we’re not at war with another nation or another terrorist group, but we are in a war for our economy and the lives of our citizens.

“I” think it’s un-American not to support the President of the United States during a national crisis that can, if not handle right, cost us our way of life and thousands of American lives.

I’m old enough to remember that I rallied under;

President Carter during the Iranian hostage crisis

President Clinton when we had to bomb Serbia into submission to end the Balkan crisis

President Obama when he order the strike that killed that dog named Osama Bin Ladin

Is Trump perfect or a choir boy? Heck no, but he is definitely the “Bull in the glass shop.” By being that bull, he’s not doing things what a career/professional politician would be doing since he’s getting sheet done. Funny, but all the Left called him a racist for canceling all flights from China and Italy earlier this month... Now, the same people are saying that he waited too long to cancel those flights.

Today, he ordered that both the northern and southern borders be sealed and only essential to be allowed... I’m sure on the Sunday news shows, he’ll be called a racist again... A word of advice to the Left. Quit using the word “racist” since you, the Left, have basically devalued that word where nobody pays any attention to it... Case and point, calling Chinese food... Chinese, that’s now racist... What the freak!!

Btw, both Biden and Sanders both stayed, on the record, that they wouldn’t have cancelled ANY flights from China or close our borders... Only to be proven wrong by every single official within the CDC.

“I” have full faith that Trump is doing the things possible with what we have to fight this virus.

Funny, the Left AND the American media are fine with giving China a free pass for causing this global pandemic... BUT!! Somehow Trump is at fault for this virus?? Give me a freaking break. The sad thing is that the Left has phoocked this up by lying about everything. And just given Trump four more years in the Whitehouse.

Congratulations to the Left and the Far-Left. I hope you enjoy watching Trump for the next 4.5 years as your President... And no, you’re not going anywhere, I wish you would, but there are not too many “solid and safe” countries that want Americans to live with them, but they’re cool with you being a tourist and spending $$$$$$.

Btw, not a single Hollywood star who said they’d move to Canada or where ever, if Trump is elected... Not a single one of these “stars” have left the country.
You are suggesting this pandemic is a left vs right issue...it's not.
This president had the ability to bring this country together but stands up there and gets crucial information all mixed up & talks about "he has a feeling". How many times have the Drs. and others had to walk back his misinformation to the public? He has told governors to try to get their own masks, test kits, etc.
You may have faith that what this president has done so far is all he can do but, many of us who have watched and listened to him know better.
Stay safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2020, 04:48 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
I Disclaimer... I support Trump.

I know we’re not at war with another nation or another terrorist group, but we are in a war for our economy and the lives of our citizens.

“I” think it’s un-American not to support the President of the United States during a national crisis that can, if not handle right, cost us our way of life and thousands of American lives.

I’m old enough to remember that I rallied under;

President Carter during the Iranian hostage crisis

President Clinton when we had to bomb Serbia into submission to end the Balkan crisis

President Obama when he order the strike that killed that dog named Osama Bin Ladin

Is Trump perfect or a choir boy? Heck no, but he is definitely the “Bull in the glass shop.” By being that bull, he’s not doing things what a career/professional politician would be doing since he’s getting sheet done. Funny, but all the Left called him a racist for canceling all flights from China and Italy earlier this month... Now, the same people are saying that he waited too long to cancel those flights.

Today, he ordered that both the northern and southern borders be sealed and only essential to be allowed... I’m sure on the Sunday news shows, he’ll be called a racist again... A word of advice to the Left. Quit using the word “racist” since you, the Left, have basically devalued that word where nobody pays any attention to it... Case and point, calling Chinese food... Chinese, that’s now racist... What the freak!!

Btw, both Biden and Sanders both stayed, on the record, that they wouldn’t have cancelled ANY flights from China or close our borders... Only to be proven wrong by every single official within the CDC.

“I” have full faith that Trump is doing the things possible with what we have to fight this virus.

Funny, the Left AND the American media are fine with giving China a free pass for causing this global pandemic... BUT!! Somehow Trump is at fault for this virus?? Give me a freaking break. The sad thing is that the Left has phoocked this up by lying about everything. And just given Trump four more years in the Whitehouse.

Congratulations to the Left and the Far-Left. I hope you enjoy watching Trump for the next 4.5 years as your President... And no, you’re not going anywhere, I wish you would, but there are not too many “solid and safe” countries that want Americans to live with them, but they’re cool with you being a tourist and spending $$$$$$.

Btw, not a single Hollywood star who said they’d move to Canada or where ever, if Trump is elected... Not a single one of these “stars” have left the country.
Plenty of people who are critical of Trump are not 'on the left'.

Plenty of people who are critical of Trump have also not called him a racist.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.

I'm critical of Trump on this subject because of his lies and flip flopping on the issue (see the timeline in post #25 in the 'Does Trump deserve to get re-elected' thread).

Old 03-21-2020, 04:56 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Trump referred to the State Department as the Deep State Department, prompting Fauci to put his face in his hand.

My first thought was I hope that Trump doesn't dismiss him from the administration for that lack of fealty. We need him.

Fauci may be named the Surgeon General by the coming administration-----the Democratic one, that is.

Old 03-21-2020, 04:58 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,029,346 times
Hard to trust polls after 2016.

His Presidency polling was 55% Disprove to 44% approve before the crisis. After calling this crisis a hoax I find it sketchy that his approval reversed.

If it's true we are doomed.

Doesn't matter, to me he is a disaster

Old 03-21-2020, 05:03 AM

30,170 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
People still think this is going to be like a 2 week thing.

What is about to happen has not sunk in yet.

I was talking to a friend of mine who like most of us has major disruptions in his life. He said I hope this is all over by April 1st. His biggest complaint at the moment is the McDonald's dining room is closed. He is used to going there for breakfast every morning.

There is definitely a disconnect with many as to how serious this is. I hope Trump keeps doing a better job dealing with this. This goes beyond D or R or Novembers election. If any good can come from all of this would be us coming together as a country. And all the partisan hacks being relegated to the sidelines like they used to be.

Old 03-21-2020, 05:33 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Give us a break.

The first six weeks or more he did nothing but lie. This is a well documented fact.

The Big Lie.
That's two false premises in one sentence. Very Trumpian.

Hopefully the death rate will turn out to be low, it's early days yet. But it does no good to lie about it now. People are sick and tired of the lies coming from the Trump propaganda machine. He is, after all, the one to claim "there are only fifteen people sick, and all recovering" when in fact there were over sixty at the time and the number growing by the hour. he's the one to tell us to keep going to work, even if we are sick (what a knucklehead).

The man lies constantly, even over life and death issues and also even over unimportant things he has no good reason to lie about and nothing to gain from it. He can't stop himself.

I certainly don't want to catch COVID-19, nor does anyone else I know, and we will all follow the CDC and WHO guidelines and the best suggestions from the experts and hopefully pull through this together.

As for Trump? ... the best thing he can do for us right now is stay out of the way. Hopefully now he will do just that.
"This is a well documented fact." by who, the LSM?

Old 03-21-2020, 05:48 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
lol. That's right, no politicizing of this crisis from the left.
Trump is the one who politicized this crises. He politicizes everything.

He called the epidemic a "Democrat hoax". That was very early on. Trump lied to you, you know this.

Old 03-21-2020, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
You are suggesting this pandemic is a left vs right issue...it's not.
Exactly.

Global Warming is a "Chinese Hoax"

Global epidemic is a "Democrat Hoax".

No, a nationwide threat is not an ideological or political issue. A real leader, a real statesman, would know this and so would his people.

Trump is the only known president of the USA who has ever publicly promoted a proven hoax: the birther movement. That's right, the man accusing others of hoaxes is actually the only one who has ever promoted a hoax (he did admit he was wrong eventually, once ... quietly, not as loudly and determinedly as he promoted the hoax).

Trump adoring followers are still falling for his every lie. So obsequious they are they practically lick his toilet seat. In the meantime, people die.

Old 03-21-2020, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Give us a break.

The first six weeks or more he did nothing but lie. This is a well documented fact.

The Big Lie.
That's two false premises in one sentence. Very Trumpian.

Hopefully the death rate will turn out to be low, it's early days yet. But it does no good to lie about it now. People are sick and tired of the lies coming from the Trump propaganda machine. He is, after all, the one to claim "there are only fifteen people sick, and all recovering" when in fact there were over sixty at the time and the number growing by the hour. he's the one to tell us to keep going to work, even if we are sick (what a knucklehead).

The man lies constantly, even over life and death issues and also even over unimportant things he has no good reason to lie about and nothing to gain from it. He can't stop himself.

I certainly don't want to catch COVID-19, nor does anyone else I know, and we will all follow the CDC and WHO guidelines and the best suggestions from the experts and hopefully pull through this together.

As for Trump? ... the best thing he can do for us right now is stay out of the way. Hopefully now he will do just that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"This is a well documented fact." by who, the LSM?
Do you deny Trump claimed "there were only fifteen people infected, and all getting better" ?

Have you seen him say that? Go ahead, say "No, I have not seen that". Try it on us

Don't play stupid with the people here. It is insulting to the people who read here, and frankly beneath you.

Old 03-21-2020, 06:11 AM

6,738 posts, read 4,422,356 times
Quote:
Do you deny Trump claimed "there were only fifteen people infected, and all getting better" ?

Have you seen him say that? Go ahead, say "No, I have not seen that". Try it on us

Don't play stupid with the people here. It is insulting to the people who read here, and frankly beneath you.

People should know Trump now. Well the intelligent logical thinking ones. He down plays everything that makes him look bad, and exaggerates everything that praises him. That he is good at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies