Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2020, 09:51 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Cuomo has been doing a great job. DiBlasio, who is not mentioned anywhere in your link, not so much.
I agree with this. DiBlasio is an idiot and I don't know how he could have been elected to a second term.

Old 03-30-2020, 09:51 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Hey there question there is other meds outside of hydroxychloroquine that are being tried to fight COVID. Why is hydro the only drug being pushed and should all alternatives be an opition?
Quote for me whoever said that we need to ignore the pursuing of any other treatments

Old 03-30-2020, 09:54 AM

18,450 posts, read 8,282,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Florida has surpassed WA state - which was the big epicenter.
but Florida has 1/4th as many deaths...

...Florida was more pro-active using malaria drugs

Old 03-30-2020, 09:54 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
In an update, after being on his desk for days Gov. Ducey signed to have Arizona schools close for the rest of the school year. Took Ducebag long enough. He sticks his head in the sand all the time, especially with this virus. He is lucky it hasn't flared up in Arizona yet. I fully expect it will though.

Old 03-30-2020, 09:56 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,906,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
In an update, after being on his desk for days Gov. Ducey signed to have Arizona schools close for the rest of the school year. Took Ducebag long enough. He sticks his head in the sand all the time, especially with this virus. He is lucky it hasn't flared up in Arizona yet. I fully expect it will though.
You should worry more about NY, since that's the place that very soon will have over a million cases and 50,000 dead. Under DEMOCRAT "leadership"...................

Old 03-30-2020, 09:58 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Washington State "peaked" weeks ago; new cases and deaths have been dropping. We know a lot more now than even then-people taking social distancing seriously, washing/cleaning, and now some effective drugs. We'll know a lot more in the next few days.
BUT, one thing is still not available that they had - TESTING. It's simply not......

All these people yapping about Trump sending too many supplies to FL.....somehow don't know that there are no tests here still. He must have not had those.

We have testing showing from 9% to as high as 14% positives - which tells me testing is WAY short. I'd expect the percentages of positives to go way down if testing was done in bulk.

Also, we are very early in the spread. A deputy nearby here just came down with it after having been on vacation in Orlando a week or more back. How many more people were on Vacation or cruises or not distancing in the last 2-3 weeks?

MANY of them have gone back home to infect other countries and states. I suspect that's the case in GA and a lot of the situation up north....they (NJ, for example) are getting hit at both ends, from the airports/NYC and from the Florida travelers returning back.

The optimistic part here is it CAN be slowed and stopped most everywhere (NYC is a different story - too many people - too close - and too far gone).

That is good news although many officials appear not to have learned it yet.

Given the choice I want to survive until the vaccine shows up.....but we will see. At least I want to survive until the curve flattens and plenty or ventilators are available.

It's morbid to talk to the wife about better ways to end it...as many of us don't want to die in a tent or in the middle of a convention center.

18,450 posts, read 8,282,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
"I have lupus. Stop hoarding the drug I need to survive.
...years ago when I began to experience symptoms of lupus — the pain and swelling in my joints, the crushing...
Kayla Behbahani · PostEverything · Mar 24, 2020

As Trump touts an unproven coronavirus treatment, supplies evaporate for patients who need those drugs
...director of the lupus program at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston and the chair of the Lupus Foundation..."

Brilliant drug pushing. It's all happening everywhere, Corrie, whether or you push the miracle cure. Researchers all over the world are testing it whether or not you push it. They have been for many months.

"A Woman With Lupus Said Her Health Care Provider Is Stopping Her Chloroquine Prescription And Thanked Her For The “Sacrifice”"

And on and on. Try to be part of the solution rather than the problem. Patience. It's being worked on even if you don't spread panic and hoarding.
...why do I think you posts should always end in ....hallelujah

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Let me add the Philippines is taking extreme actions Americans would not accept. Talisay City was locked down before they had one confirmed case and travel between regions has been greatly curtailed.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:00 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times
It always amazes me how the most brilliant minds we have today can be found on C-D P&OC forum. I mean look, a third of the world is in lockdown:

https://www.businessinsider.com/coun...s-italy-2020-3

And yet only these few individuals on this thread sees this pandemic for what it is, leftwing fearmongering. I'm just so curious what do you guys all do for a living? Perhaps you are already billionaires?

Old 03-30-2020, 10:04 AM

1,086 posts, read 442,492 times
Default New Balance to use its American factories to make facial masks.

Patriotic company, the anti Nike

https://twitter.com/newbalance/statu...98939355893761
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies