Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2020, 08:27 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,283,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't believe no matter who the President is, we haven't had to deal with this and there doesn't ever seem to be any precautions in place, like an immediate lock down of country to country travel and other travel here in the states. So many people were on vacation in the countries of the outbreak and so many business travelers and they were afraid to lock them down and that in my opinion is how it spread....

I watched Bush sit around in shock for 3 days during the hurricane in New Orleans...while those people were hunkered down in that sports arena...and finally the Leaders asked for help....I was very emotionally distressed for those people and couldn't understand why everyone was sitting around for 3 days while those people needed help...only to find out that the leaders of any state needs to ask for help from the federal level before they go in...so I believe that might have been forgotten by the leaders of the state. They were waiting for help all the while they weren't asking for it?

Same think with 911, we didn't have anything in place and still don't....as far as foreigners coming to this country and be given free rein to take flying lessons and get lost within the crowds....we haven't learned...
and yet still what some Americans seem to ignore is the fact that you can't open borders and expect all good hard working people to come in....it doesn't happen, you always have people who mean us harm and want to make a fast buck at the expense of others and their lives. If you look at our prisons they are full of illegals who are criminals. We no longer have enough prisons to house these people....and when deported they keep coming back....

And herein lies the problem....human beings, states and countries need rules and laws to follow, if we don't everything becomes chaotic...and it has been happening...people refuse to respect laws, and rules, and it is evidenced by how they disobey traffic laws, and disobey even this present lock down...? I honestly don't understand that....how so many kids ran around on spring break while leaders were asking for shut downs???
And they didn't care....there has been a huge breakdown of respect for laws and others...so we have no one to blame but ourselves....there would be a whole lot less accidents out there if people would stop using their cells and texting while driving.

Then you had Obama and Hillary stood by and watch While our people were attacked in Benghazi....they did nothing...and American's were killed. There was no response from our leaders...

There is no president alive that has taken the steps to address all these situations and now that we are global, it's both good and bad, for the very reasons I have mentioned...and what we are living through right now.

It's not about the President, it's about people, our people who are intent in feeling that rules and laws don't apply or they are inconvenient...people are still traveling to parks and they are driving hours away, and a lock down is a lock down. These people will have to stop for gas, for bathroom breaks for food, drink and snacks...and they are spreading the virus....they should be locked down but of course, every president seems to fear that fact that those that oppose him will speak out like you have here, and that is another big problem.

Stop allowing your political affiliate to guide your emotions of hate for that particular party....it doesn't help in situations like this....we have to work together and suggest...just as our leaders do...if you are upset, certainly Trump tweets a lot everyday, tell him in a respectful way how you feel...not like a child name calling but truly what your concerns are, and let your leaders know.

WE need global rules of lock down, we need to all sit down and create these rules with other countries and abide by them....it isn't just about our President, but every leader of every country....and all travelers need to understand, that if a pandemic like this happens again, we immediately lock down any travel to and from that country....IDK, maybe it's me, but to me, it's common sense?
Don't preach to me about being respectful to this hunk of slime whose job it is to lead but can do little more than blame others for his failures.

I have children who are out there in the hospital this morning taking care of coronavirus patients. They are told they have to use the same mask all day putting it in a paper bag between patients. They reuse their face shields, don't have enough gowns. Every bit of that would have gotten them written up a couple weeks ago because it is unsafe and risky to them and the patients. Trump tells them its their fault. I don't have words. Just don't have words.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:29 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,607,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
DeSantis is scum. Disgusting human.

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/statu...89387712790528
Why would anyone let a ship full of infected foreigners dock? No country is letting these ships dock right now.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:32 AM

30,191 posts, read 11,840,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I'm just amazed at how stupid Americans are. I'm an American and we're a nation of blooming idiots. Either that or we're so unbelievably selfish we can't see the value of delayed gratification, maybe both.
Look at Sweden:

'Outlier' Sweden shuns 'drastic' coronavirus response: 'We can't stay at home the whole day'

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...irus-response/

No lockdown here: Sweden defends its more relaxed coronavirus strategy

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/30/swed...of-europe.html

Old 03-30-2020, 08:33 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Why would anyone let a ship full of infected foreigners dock? No country is letting these ships dock right now.
I agree with you-close the ports and keep this monstrosity at sea and let the bug run it's course on it. The people boarded long after it was known that cruise ships were prime breeding grounds for this. Send food and supplies, but keep it secure!

Old 03-30-2020, 08:33 AM

30,191 posts, read 11,840,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post

I agree. Those playing the race card need to put those cards back in their bag of tricks. This is not the time. Lives are at stake.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:40 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,237,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
It will turn out that impeached white collar criminal's ego and campaign will be why the CDC did not want to take the WHO kits.

Would not have looked good for his campaign if we used foreign product that worked, in his small mind.
your playbook was delivered a week late.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:44 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,237,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
among your people? Yes. your people literally believe he said that he alone should be praised if only 100-200K die in the US. Watch - it's been 12 hours since you said it, and I'm quoting it? I'm catching up. I'll wager something like it has been repeated 10 times.
Quote:
jojan:

Yes, this is what trump said today at is coronavirus press briefing.
Quote:
take57:
Pretty much. He wants a cookie keeping at 100-200K because if he hadn't done anything at all it might have been in the millions.
I was wrong. Only 2x.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Which other countries have dithered around like we have? We're nowhere near the peak.
Where did you get your medical degree?

Old 03-30-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't see that you can predict 3 weeks while this is still spreading, that wasn't the case in Italy and Spain. The level of health care, testing and methods of isolation are so different in every country it makes it difficult to use any country as a guide but this is far from the peak in Europe. This is just starting out in many places in the US.

I don't see the 50% drop in US deaths but he might be a day behind at this point, saw the same thing in Italy where someone picked 1 or 2 data points and claimed it was flattening.
Um...you do realize that new cases peaked in Italy on MR21 and have been lower since, right? Not dropping quickly by any means, but not climbing like they were.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:48 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,931,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I agree with you-close the ports and keep this monstrosity at sea and let the bug run it's course on it. The people boarded long after it was known that cruise ships were prime breeding grounds for this. Send food and supplies, but keep it secure!
And we let it run wild in a Petri dish with little means of help and I'm not sure of the food situation. It is a bad idea and we are likely to see it be the new Princess cruise. It isn't about foreigners, these are human beings and you are saying possibly sentencing them to death. Gov. DeSantis is going to have these added deaths on his hand. He is worse than DeBlasio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies