Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2020, 01:49 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
For one, South Korea did not do a lock down like India. So getting food was not a problem. They were very proactive on testing, doing 10,000 tests a day early on and quickly isolated those testing positive and those they came in contact with. Early on it was one religious group that had most of the cases so again it was easier to isolate others.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...011438619.html

Unlike other countries, South Korea also managed to turn its outbreak around without locking down cities or banning travel. In fact, the term "social distancing" first originated with the South Korean president's campaign against the virus.

Why Singapore's coronavirus response worked – and what we can all learn

Singapore like South Korea did mass testing from the start and isolated those positive in hospitals and had teams to track down all that those testing positive came into contact with. India is doing it differently. With more that 1 billion people over a large area they probably have no way to test the amount needed daily the way South Korea or Singapore did.
it's great information. Hopefully, some rational discussion ensued rather than further name-calling.

Old 03-24-2020, 01:50 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Hospitals here are not overloaded as feared. The social distancing is working. Cases are falling fast in places past their curve like China. All good news!

Yeah, that must be why the Javits Convention Center is being converted to a hospital.

This is the tail of the seasonal flu season during most hospitals operate at close to, if not, full capacity.

There is very little excess capacity in the hospital system. Hospitals, like hotels and resorts, depend on high occupancy rates.

Building permanent increased excess capacity into the hospital system increases overhead which becomes a part of billing for every service.

Old 03-24-2020, 01:52 PM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Hospitals here are not overloaded as feared. The social distancing is working. Cases are falling fast in places past their curve like China. All good news!
Says the Chinese government because no international journalist is allowed in the country.

But tweets and messages coming out of China say otherwise.

Old 03-24-2020, 01:54 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
You should just have a canned cut and paste response then, because I guarantee you in 2 days..that poster will post the exact same response to the "hoax" subject. I had a direct quote where Sean Hannity called the virus a hoax...and the same person (not the one in this instance) went into 3 threads saying "he didn't say it was a hoax", even after I replied directly twice with the video and quote.

Some people are just running pure propaganda and interference for Trump and their media heroes.
there are plenty of people more interested in spreading misinformation on both sides. have been for 3 years. I've only seen a handful at best on each side of this type willing to quit viewing everything through Trump great/Trump awful, and instead actually discuss actions.

Old 03-24-2020, 01:56 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma21 View Post
I was told The CDC estimated up to 1 million cases and 300k hospitalized. The numbers we have now do not reflect that so that is why Trump is advising we can open up the country on 2 weeks. I don’t know where this person got his info. I am trying to find and article that states the CDC estimate and timeline.
I've been going here:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...2Fsummary.html

Hope it's helpful.

This is from city-data (Source: John Hopkins University). I like maps/graphs et cetera, I like how the data is presented in the various maps & graphs here:

https://www.city-data.com/coronavirus/

Old 03-24-2020, 01:56 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Among some who tested positive:

"No one among the group had respiratory symptoms except in a few cases where people had a dry cough or tickle at the back of their throat toward the end of their illnesses. One had shortness of breath and body aches, headache and exhaustion, but no fever. Another came down with a low-level pneumonia, an inflammation of the lungs that can be caused by infection.

Schneider had all the symptoms save shortness of breath – high fever, fatigue, body aches, headache, nausea, diarrhea and lack of energy – and it took her about nine days to start feeling herself again"

To quote one person "“I think this virus just has the whole kit and caboodle," she said. "It all varies depending on how bad you get it.”
there's some startling info in that article so here's a link.

https://www.columbiadailyherald.com/...t-and-caboodle

Quote:
For Elizabeth Schneider, her bout with the coronavirus began with a scratchy throat, exhaustion and a headache. Then came fever, chills and nausea. But she never had shortness of breath or coughing.
sure to make self-diagnoses even more difficult.

Old 03-24-2020, 01:57 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Pretty disgusting that people care so much about scoring worthless points on this forum that they would talk down to someone with a sick relative who might have the disease. Even worse when they are flat out factually wrong with their criticism.

I hope your relative gets better.

Who is scoring points? And do tell....how many other are reporting, that have CV19, are BEGGING for pain pills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Pain is associated with CV19. Headache, chest pain, joint pain, and bone pain.

How many are begging for pain pills?

Quote:
Among some who tested positive:

"No one among the group had respiratory symptoms except in a few cases where people had a dry cough or tickle at the back of their throat toward the end of their illnesses. One had shortness of breath and body aches, headache and exhaustion, but no fever. Another came down with a low-level pneumonia, an inflammation of the lungs that can be caused by infection.

Schneider had all the symptoms save shortness of breath – high fever, fatigue, body aches, headache, nausea, diarrhea and lack of energy – and it took her about nine days to start feeling herself again"

To quote one person "“I think this virus just has the whole kit and caboodle," she said. "It all varies depending on how bad you get it.”

So, nobody begging.....

Quote:
Oh, I don't take it personally and I don't think it is meant that way.

It is simply people who are not yet informed completely.

Some people feel nothing at all. Others die.

PAIN is a well known effect - that even a layman like myself knows because I read about the hospitals treating the patients. They give them drugs for pain.

I don't wish this on anyone. My family member can't get the other one into the car and will just have to drop them at the ER (can't go in).

I hope you don't take it personal, but you also need to provide backup for what you say.

If I sad, my buddy was diagnosed with CV19 3 days ago, but he ran a 1/2 marathon today......would you not question me?

Old 03-24-2020, 01:59 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Who is scoring points? And do tell....how many other are reporting, that have CV19, are BEGGING for pain pills.

How many are begging for pain pills?

So, nobody begging.....

I hope you don't take it personal, but you also need to provide backup for what you say.

If I sad, my buddy was diagnosed with CV19 3 days ago, but he ran a 1/2 marathon today......would you not question me?
Pathetic

Old 03-24-2020, 01:59 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Exactly, there needs to be an independent investigation of the origin. Currently it is all just speculation, theories, and political propaganda.

Hehe, yes, a lot of people think they might already have had it.
I kind of include myself there. But I am not 100% sure (lungs hurt for 2 weeks, but no fever), so I won't claim I had it.
Trump has chosen to call this the China/ Chinese Virus, all along. He opened yesterday’s press briefing, acknowledging Asian Americans and expressed confusion why some people are blaming Asian Americans.

The world has eternity to figure out how and where it started and who knew what and when. Right now, it’s not relevant.

Old 03-24-2020, 02:00 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
ah. no wonder you'd bite at that like a starving fish after a big fat worm..

An Italian doctor is now key to China’s efforts to sow confusion over the coronavirus’s origins

wow. such convincing evidence.

He is Italian, not Chinese. It should be possible to investigate the patients from November, check their blood for antibodies or whatever is necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies