Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2020, 12:20 PM

1,086 posts, read 442,750 times

Advertisements

It looks like Brooks brothers is doing the same in American factories

Old 03-30-2020, 12:25 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
re-read my post. it has nothing to do with your statement above.

it's about a molecular genetics tracking system for wuhan coronavirus strains.
That site is a great global resource, particularly for the scientific community.

Here's another on the global perspective:

Quote:
Like the climate crisis and economic inequality, the COVID-19 pandemic may not at first glance seem to be a “foreign policy” issue. But it powerfully points up the need to forge a global perspective — and global alliances — without delay. Progressives must lead the way, and the coronavirus is an immediate opportunity to change the way we think to always recognize domestic and global realities as intertwined. Both self-interest and moral values make this imperative.
Can Coronavirus Be a Catalyst for Thinking Globally?

In an age of pandemics and climate crisis, countries’ health, environmental, and development policies are globally important.

https://fpif.org/can-coronavirus-be-...king-globally/

Old 03-30-2020, 12:26 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Yes, CA was the 14th.

If they had enough tests I think it would be wise for most states to get some samples of "if you were active in Orlando from March 10 onward" qualification.
here's something to build upon ....

I've only been to Disney once in modern history. But EVERYONE gets an electronic pass now, yes? And they've got lots of info on all visitors, yes? I mean - can I walk up in this somewhat peak season and just buy a ticket with cash with no personal info?

Assuming they DO have a LOT of info on at least 95% of visitors, then they SHOULD be sending out an email to see if any guests got COVID within 14 days of their visit. And if "yes", then they also track which parks and at least your entry time, yes? So then they could include details, like "at EPCOT on Friday march 13th after 3 pm"

Old 03-30-2020, 12:27 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Spreading Fake News.... people are evil, as a crisis is created.

"Where are they going? Are they going out the back door?" ~ Trump

TRUMP COMMENTS ABOUT HOSPITAL MASK THEFTS SPARK BACKLASH FROM DOCTORS

Old 03-30-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
You mean March 15th.
whoops! thank you.

Old 03-30-2020, 12:30 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,908,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
That site is a great global resource, particularly for the scientific community.

Here's another on the global perspective:

Can Coronavirus Be a Catalyst for Thinking Globally?

In an age of pandemics and climate crisis, countries’ health, environmental, and development policies are globally important.

https://fpif.org/can-coronavirus-be-...king-globally/
You picked a REALLY poor time to come here selling the snake-oil of Globalism and One-Worldism............just saying!!

Old 03-30-2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
"Where are they going? Are they going out the back door?" ~ Trump

TRUMP COMMENTS ABOUT HOSPITAL MASK THEFTS SPARK BACKLASH FROM DOCTORS
Cuomo had already raised the issue. Sorry!

Old 03-30-2020, 12:31 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
here's something to build upon ....

I've only been to Disney once in modern history. But EVERYONE gets an electronic pass now, yes? And they've got lots of info on all visitors, yes? I mean - can I walk up in this somewhat peak season and just buy a ticket with cash with no personal info?

Assuming they DO have a LOT of info on at least 95% of visitors, then they SHOULD be sending out an email to see if any guests got COVID within 14 days of their visit. And if "yes", then they also track which parks and at least your entry time, yes? So then they could include details, like "at EPCOT on Friday march 13th after 3 pm"
Even the CC companies have enough general data, let alone the airlines....would be easy to gather a sample of 10K or more.

Disney Hotels too....other hotels. Massive amounts of data.

There are some privacy concerns - which are somewhat a PITA in this particular case.

Old 03-30-2020, 12:34 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,908,758 times
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rus-cases.html

"How Austria's 'Ibiza of the Alps' ski resort helped spread coronavirus throughout Europe as officials probe whether infections at the resort were covered up to protect tourism
Austrian ski resort of Ischgl tied to hundreds of coronavirus infections in Europe
Probe has been launched over whether cases were covered up to protect trade
Investigation centres on barman who fell sick at one resort back in February
Opposition politician says questions need to be asked about the relationship between hoteliers and local government leaders"

Ah, the Beautiful People...........they really DO have our best interests at heart, folks!! Honest!!

(90% of the spread of this can be traced directly back to humans' insatiable lust for filthy lucre.........just GOTTA have that money, folks!! Chinese tourists, and all!! lol)

Old 03-30-2020, 12:37 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rus-cases.html

"How Austria's 'Ibiza of the Alps' ski resort helped spread coronavirus throughout Europe as officials probe whether infections at the resort were covered up to protect tourism
Austrian ski resort of Ischgl tied to hundreds of coronavirus infections in Europe
Probe has been launched over whether cases were covered up to protect trade
Investigation centres on barman who fell sick at one resort back in February
Opposition politician says questions need to be asked about the relationship between hoteliers and local government leaders"

Ah, the Beautiful People...........they really DO have our best interests at heart, folks!! Honest!!

(90% of the spread of this can be traced directly back to humans' insatiable lust for filthy lucre.........just GOTTA have that money, folks!! Chinese tourists, and all!! lol)
I read that yesterday, and I thought to myself, just like in China, and that despite democracy.
Greed, fear, pride etc. are not good motivations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies