Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2020, 07:51 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Another post from far right "news" sources.......which attempts to give excuses for this admin.

"15 and down to zero soon"- is now "20 to 70,000" and that is all OK.

Propaganda, folks....at the same time no one has ever claimed (not Fauci, etc.) that millions of Americans will die.ri

Watch the right wingers try to make a hero of Trump because "only" X amount die.

The point has not changed....and the most I look at the time, the angrier I get. We had friends down in Florida mid-Fed and flew end of Feb. and Trump/Admin had done zero. It was hardly in the public mind. We, just regular folks, did know things were starting to get bad by the last days in Feb.

So what was Trump saying and doing then?

He was at a rally rallying the troops against the New Hoax. Now he blames the Chinese even tho he admits he knew everything 45 days (more, actually) before that rally.
your TDS is, once again, noted.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:53 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,749,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Some will not obey government orders to shelter in place, so I have but one small phrase to enlighten all of you.
So the government has to force us to stay in our homes because some dude ate a bat?

Scary times, indeed.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:57 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
this tells me a couple of things.

1. Doctors think it has efficacy. I didn't even read the article, so I can't say whether all of this activity occurred within the last week or prior (last night, an article spoke of HCQ activity 10 days+ before Trump uttered the word).
No, it doesn't show you much except doctors are specialized and have given out vast billions of opiates, benzos and various other drugs....many for excess MONEY.

Doctors are very specialized. It is quite often that I know more about something than my GP.

Doctors are also humans - greedy and selfish. They also want to save themselves, their families and their friends.

You have to start with human nature. If Doctors knew things (as a whole), those billions of strong opiates wouldn't be killing 10's of thousands of Americans each year.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Nice try.

1. Many are at home and hospice and assisted living
2. Most are known beforehand and somewhat planned.
3. Others are accidents, OD, etc -

How are all of these related?

Only a tiny portion of them require hospitalization, need to be isolate, require 10 to 20 days of that, etc.

If what you said had any relevance they'd be opening the Javits center full time for bodies. But they don't.

False Equiv. and Whatabout has become quite a disease in itself. It seems to blind people.
my simple point at this time is this:

Don't aggrandize numbers on anything that aren't well outside what are already experienced.

this virus is more contagious≥ prior viruses
this virus certainly seems to have a 10X+ mortality rate to anything we're used to.
we're still not sure how it spreads
We don't have a vaccine.

In the meantime, 1% of NYC'ers is ~80K. The ACTUAL reality is, when their deaths are 2x 160/daily EVERY SINGLE DAY over a several month period, come back.

Until then, I honor and thank those in the medical field, I mourn for those who have lost their lives and their families.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:01 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,288,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
No one thinks the virus is a hoax...many believe the overreaction is.

Remember when we were all supposed to have AIDS within five years? Yeah, that didnt happen either! The "experts" all predicted we would though...they brought out data, pretty pie charts and dazzled everyone with their expertise. Years later, they admit they fudged the numbers to get research money.

Fool me once...
True, but the main difference is in how each are transmitted. HIV positive comes from direct contact with certain body fluid. SARS-CoV-2 is airborne, resides in hosts that can pass it on. Leaving it behind on surfaces as well as travelling through the air. Much higher probability to catch coronavirus.

Some of the predicted number of cases and deaths is way overblown for sure. But what's hidden? We've tested so few that we may never know the truth. Deaths are probably the only true indicator of the severity.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:01 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Why didn't anyone ever tell me Gwyneth Paltrow posts on CD?

So I'm guessing when they took out her brain on Contagion, it really did happen? Because it's apparent on this thread...
Got a question since I'm already here ...

Did we have vaccines for swine, bird, h1n1 when they first arrived?

Old 03-26-2020, 08:02 PM

815 posts, read 982,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Ain't a damn person in this thread donating anything....You might say you are or will.....but nope....
You are absolutely, 100%, WRONG.

Many people on this thread will not only donate any "stimulus" money they receive, but much, much more.

Real people, who have been fortunate enough to still be able to reach out and help those who have been hurt worse than us by the current situation.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:05 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Got a question since I'm already here ...

Did we have vaccines for swine, bird, h1n1 when they first arrived?
Nope, just like with this one.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:06 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times
https://youtu.be/AbKMNpYBCTc

Old 03-26-2020, 08:09 PM

Quote:
No, it doesn't show you much except doctors are specialized and have given out vast billions of opiates, benzos and various other drugs....many for excess MONEY.

Doctors are very specialized. It is quite often that I know more about something than my GP.

Doctors are also humans - greedy and selfish. They also want to save themselves, their families and their friends.

You have to start with human nature. If Doctors knew things (as a whole), those billions of strong opiates wouldn't be killing 10's of thousands of Americans each year.
Nevermind anything else you've posted that I didn't bold, I'll just say what I've bolded - if more people agree with you, so be it.

*I'm smarter than my doctor
* every human, even doctors, is always greedy and selfish
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies