Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2020, 05:06 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I would suggest everyone especially Trump Supporters watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXnz9qj7nt0
Watched the video last night it’s amazing to think that Trump’s supporters can stand behind someone who put a temporary band aid on it because it might interfere with his re-election and, or his economy. His supporters stand continue to stand behind him no matter what.

Old 04-10-2020, 05:07 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gushball View Post
Trump actually called for a travel ban early.

How many presidents would have done that
And? Why he thought that putting a band aid on a damn would work is beyond some of us.

Old 04-10-2020, 05:55 AM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
I think it's funny that China after all of the internal attempts to weaken public anger by suggesting it was the US that started the outbreak.....is now issuing guidelines as to what types of meat can be sold publically in response to the virus.

Boy that sure shoots at least some of the conspiracies below the water-line.

Old 04-10-2020, 06:09 AM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think the issue with the virus is that we didn't know a lot about the virus until it hit. China got it first, but due to China being China, we don't know what they knew when. Maybe just maybe they were running as blind as we are, but due to a draconian system, they were able to shut the area down.
I would further add that not only did they shut down the Wuhan province, that their system allowed them to control the reporting of cases and deaths as well. All of the stories coming out of there now about overwhelmed hospitals and doctors dying left and right as well....just doesn't jive with only 3k total deaths throughout China despite letting it spread unabated for month(s)? Wuhan has as many people as Italy.

It wasn't until we started getting death tolls like Italys that people really started to get concerned because after all China was "hardest hit" at ground zero and only had a relatively tiny number of deaths.

Imagine now if China had reported the actual numbers what the global rx may have been? I'm not even talking about covering up it's existence but the impact of the # of deaths.

Old 04-10-2020, 06:24 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
The Churches got this:
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...241903101.html

"A remedy touted by a church in Texas won’t cure coronavirus, and it could kill you.

The Genesis 2 Church of Healing claims its “Miracle Mineral Solution” will treat COVID-19 among other diseases, according to Bloomberg Law. It is actually a chemical called chlorine dioxide, which is commonly used as an industrial swimming pool cleaner, KTRK in Houston reported.

The Genesis 2 Church in Angleton, Texas, is the latest company to receive an order from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration warning that if the company does not stop advertising the solution as a remedy for coronavirus, the agency will seize the product and/or take the company to court, according to Bloomberg Law. This is not the first time the company has been warned about the solution; the Harris County District Attorney’s Office ordered the person connected with the company to stop selling and distributing the solution three years ago, KTRK reported.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...#storylink=cpy

Old 04-10-2020, 06:28 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think it's funny that China after all of the internal attempts to weaken public anger by suggesting it was the US that started the outbreak.....is now issuing guidelines as to what types of meat can be sold publically in response to the virus.

Boy that sure shoots at least some of the conspiracies below the water-line.
The time line I seem to remember is only after the American right started to preach their racism and hate....that's when the Chinese (obviously) bit back harder.

But maybe you have another theory?

China does not sit back and take it. That's why, even a year ago, they pulled their money out of real estate in NYC (resulting in a crash) and have taken other similar actions.

If Trump lies 16,000 times (known) then you surely cannot hold any country, you or I or ANYONE to even caring about the truth.

Doesn't math back that type of an scenario? That is, if nothing is accurate and all the assumptions are lies, so is everything built on top of it.

As if we are supposed to somehow know when our current government tells the real truth? C'mon, you cannot possibly believe that?

Old 04-10-2020, 06:38 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Italy has been on lockdown for a month now. I was hoping to see some dramatic reduction in new cases but it doesn’t look that way. It’s slowing but not like I was hoping. The new cases as a percentage are slowing in the US, which is very good.

Old 04-10-2020, 06:44 AM

20,836 posts, read 17,115,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
A lot of the facts are correct but that video has little persuasive power outside a liberal echo chamber.

I agree that Trump failed big time, however CDC and WHO also failed.

CDC and WHO got their **** together before Trump did though, and for that his inaction will be judged to have caused more US deaths when it is over imo.
To your first point about Quinine synthetic form that is not how the medication works in this case.

To the next "thing' you really seem to lack a fundamental understanding of CDC and WHO and the complexity and scope of their missions. So your pronouncement of "failure" is simply specious.

Old 04-10-2020, 06:52 AM

20,836 posts, read 17,115,957 times
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/n...pgtype=Article

Just so we all know what we are dealing with as a species. This is an RNA virus, dangerous, contagious and lethal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies