Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2020, 10:20 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,422,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What’s the weather like in Florida right now? Hot and humid, or dry and cool? The aerosol emission from one person to another actually goes further in dry and cool weather, inside in an enclosed space. A hot beach in the midday sun isn’t likely to be an issue for aerosol emissions.

And if I were on your jury, I wouldn’t be convinced people could make the determination that they got it from an outdoor park.
Weather in Miami is about near perfect, lol, figures everything is closed and we have the nicest weather of the year going on right now.

It is hot and humid, not summer time hot and humid of course.

But as I said, blame the crowds, the beaches and parks and boat ramps were originally open, people abused that and they closed them.

Old 04-06-2020, 10:20 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,540,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjinnj View Post
Just days after being told they have to stay away, St. Johns County residents are missing their beaches sorely and they're letting their leadership know it. A petition is pleading that re-opening beaches for several hours each day and only to county residents would solve the crowding that triggered closing the beaches as of Sunday morning.

https://www.jacksonville.com/news/20...-of-signatures

Nothing surprises me anymore.

Stay home everyone!
Well, I think the Fake God of Twitter put it best

https://twitter.com/TheTweetOfGod/st...11481195507714

Old 04-06-2020, 11:39 AM

21,486 posts, read 10,593,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Are you an actual epidemiologist? A scientist? An academic? If not, you should kindly provide a link to a peer-reviewed, credible source that supports your claims. All I hear from you and (people JUST like you) is whining that the beach is soooooooooooo nice right now and that rules/logic/common sense shouldn't apply to you because you're 'special'. As if the virus goes through a mental checklist when deciding who to infect. Do you think those spring breakers from Austin who all got it in Cabo were just sitting in their hotel rooms in isolation, avoiding the beach? Or is Cabo 'less' humid than Florida, so that's why they pretty much all got infected?

Typical Floridian snowflake
Firstly, I’m in Texas not Florida. And I don’t really care one way or the other if Miami beaches are closed, but I really don’t think simply being on a hot beach is going to spread this virus. I’m quite sure the kids in Cabo got that virus on the plane, in the hotel or bars, or by doing what Spring Breakers do, hooking up with someone for making out or sex. More than likely one or more picked it up in Austin before they even got on that plane, but we will probably never know because by then community spread was widespread, especially at a major university.

Old 04-06-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Weather in Miami is about near perfect, lol, figures everything is closed and we have the nicest weather of the year going on right now.

It is hot and humid, not summer time hot and humid of course.

But as I said, blame the crowds, the beaches and parks and boat ramps were originally open, people abused that and they closed them.
I can’t say I blame the people who want to be outside, but perhaps things could be different like no boating since that would require policing. Have someone only allowing a certain number of people on a particular beach at one time. Don’t put out chairs and umbrellas if they normally do, since that’s just a surface that will need to be cleaned by someone.

I think we are going overboard on the limitations for being outdoors, but I do understand that crowds necessitate policing, and that necessitates close contact if some idiot needs to be policed.

Old 04-06-2020, 12:56 PM

57,360 posts, read 26,263,652 times
Quote:
I can’t say I blame the people who want to be outside, but perhaps things could be different like no boating since that would require policing. Have someone only allowing a certain number of people on a particular beach at one time. Don’t put out chairs and umbrellas if they normally do, since that’s just a surface that will need to be cleaned by someone.

I think we are going overboard on the limitations for being outdoors, but I do understand that crowds necessitate policing, and that necessitates close contact if some idiot needs to be policed.
Policing beach goers is a headache that police don't need right now, I don't understand why people cant make such a small sacrifice in the face of the danger.

Old 04-06-2020, 01:34 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,088,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Policing beach goers is a headache that police don't need right now, I don't understand why people cant make such a small sacrifice in the face of the danger.
This. A lousy couple of weeks and people are so selfish they are incapable of even such a tiny little sacrifice. It boggles the mind.

Old 04-06-2020, 01:37 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,383,523 times
Quote:
Firstly, I’m in Texas not Florida. And I don’t really care one way or the other if Miami beaches are closed, but I really don’t think simply being on a hot beach is going to spread this virus. I’m quite sure the kids in Cabo got that virus on the plane, in the hotel or bars, or by doing what Spring Breakers do, hooking up with someone for making out or sex. More than likely one or more picked it up in Austin before they even got on that plane, but we will probably never know because by then community spread was widespread, especially at a major university.
Are you a doctor?

Old 04-06-2020, 01:39 PM

35,738 posts, read 21,100,137 times
I told some folks- people are spoiled and being told they cant have their way -and nothing will be done in the fashion they expect is going to cause havoc! THEY are losing their perspective right here on CD. Hopefully our educated self reliant achievers on here, can take the bitter pill with grace and thankfulness. Its only been 4 weeks since all really started to come to a dead stop, and some places it still has not- will they survive another 4 weeks?

Old 04-06-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Are you a doctor?
No, are you?

Old 04-06-2020, 02:04 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,834,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Are you a doctor?
It's common sense... something people often fail to recognize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.