Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2020, 02:49 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I told some folks- people are spoiled and being told they cant have their way -and nothing will be done in the fashion they expect is going to cause havoc! THEY are losing their perspective right here on CD. Hopefully our educated self reliant achievers on here, can take the bitter pill with grace and thankfulness. Its only been 4 weeks since all really started to come to a dead stop, and some places it still has not- will they survive another 4 weeks?
Italians have been confined for a month but shutting down a beach is too much to bear, what a spoiled bunch.

Old 04-06-2020, 03:27 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Policing beach goers is a headache that police don't need right now, I don't understand why people cant make such a small sacrifice in the face of the danger.
You understand that police are there to make sure no one goes on the beach right? They are ALREADY THERE.

Just let residents use the beaches.

Those beaches you see overrun with people? ARE TOURISTS, SPRING BREAKERS. Not residents. No local goes near the beach when it's that full. Ever.

You have a greater risk at Walmart/gas station/grovery store. Most beaches don't even have bathrooms or concession.

Such a lack of knowledge re Florida.

Old 04-06-2020, 04:46 PM

7,360 posts, read 6,532,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
A few weeks without the beach and people turn into toddlers stamping their little feet and throwing temper tantrums. It's embarrassing to watch.
Quote:
Policing beach goers is a headache that police don't need right now, I don't understand why people cant make such a small sacrifice in the face of the danger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
This. A lousy couple of weeks and people are so selfish they are incapable of even such a tiny little sacrifice. It boggles the mind.
Wow, these responses are simply unbelievable! You act like the beaches are literally the only things that are closed. People's entire lives have been turned upside down! I see a lot of posts in here saying "But in WWII people had to..." NO! in WWII people could still go to the park, kids could play baseball, people could still go to church. There was a national rationing system so supplies couldn't be hoarded. Stores may say "no more than 1 pack of TP per person" but what's to stop a family of 3 from splitting up? What's to stop them from just going down to the next store? Then what's to stop them coming back the next day? WWII didn't disrupt civilian lives the same way this nonsense is. This isn't just about a beach being closed, it's about the WHOLE NATION being effectively SHUT DOWN!

Old 04-06-2020, 04:49 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,417,747 times
Calm down snowflakes, you will survive just fine sitting at home and watching TV or playing on the Internet.

Old 04-06-2020, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You understand that police are there to make sure no one goes on the beach right? They are ALREADY THERE.

Those beaches you see overrun with people? ARE TOURISTS, SPRING BREAKERS. Not residents. No local goes near the beach when it's that full. Ever.

You have a greater risk at Walmart/gas station/grovery store. Most beaches don't even have bathrooms or concession.

Yes I'm sure there are patrols but its much easier to have a shutdown rather than to have the added attraction of inspecting people gathering in groups. Doctors, nurses and others are risking their lives but people need to go the beach because of the hardship.

People need to go the grocery story and gas stations, they do not "need" to go to the beach. People crowded the beaches in NY in March and they needed to shut them down, how is this different.

Such a lack of common sense.

Old 04-06-2020, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Wow, these responses are simply unbelievable! You act like the beaches are literally the only things that are closed. People's entire lives have been turned upside down! I see a lot of posts in here saying "But in WWII people had to..." NO! in WWII people could still go to the park, kids could play baseball, people could still go to church. There was a national rationing system so supplies couldn't be hoarded. Stores may say "no more than 1 pack of TP per person" but what's to stop a family of 3 from splitting up? What's to stop them from just going down to the next store? Then what's to stop them coming back the next day? WWII didn't disrupt civilian lives the same way this nonsense is. This isn't just about a beach being closed, it's about the WHOLE NATION being effectively SHUT DOWN!
This is different than world war 2, explaining it would be a waste of time. There is no way to prevent bad behavior but we don't need to have governments support some lazy individuals that are incapable of a minor sacrifice.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...ses-top-10-000

Old 04-06-2020, 05:19 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Yes I'm sure there are patrols but its much easier to have a shutdown rather than to have the added attraction of inspecting people gathering in groups. Doctors, nurses and others are risking their lives but people need to go the beach because of the hardship.

People need to go the grocery story and gas stations, they do not "need" to go to the beach. People crowded the beaches in NY in March and they needed to shut them down, how is this different.

Such a lack of common sense.
When they issues the beach closure order in my county, the govt officials ADMITTED people were following the social distancing order. Did you know that? Nope.

They reasoned that they HAD to close the beaches because if they didn't people "from other places" would come and crowd them. Did you know that? Nope.

So ... residents only? Would work perfectly fine HERE.

Such a lack of knowledge regarding what is happening WHERE I LIVE.

But hey ... make blanket misstatements .... ignorance is alive and well.

Old 04-06-2020, 05:28 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:

Born in Mt Sanai Miami Beach - resided in all of SFL, Jax -Tampa -Orlando and have family in Sarasota- Tallahassee - Pensacola and ft Myers. What could I possibly miss about our beaches?? No - nobody goes to the beach or anywhere - public for recreation or possible gathering-until this is over entitled much ? I’m wondering if transplants are the ones complaining ?

Old 04-06-2020, 05:36 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
When they issues the beach closure order in my county, the govt officials ADMITTED people were following the social distancing order. Did you know that? Nope.

They reasoned that they HAD to close the beaches because if they didn't people "from other places" would come and crowd them. Did you know that? Nope.

So ... residents only? Would work perfectly fine HERE.

Such a lack of knowledge regarding what is happening WHERE I LIVE.

But hey ... make blanket misstatements .... ignorance is alive and well.
And they are wrong for doing that. Are the wealthy paying off the local governments for their entitled life styles ? Oh I know it happens. Still wrong with a pandemic. Venice FL retiree transplant country.

Old 04-06-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
And they are wrong for doing that. Are the wealthy paying off the local governments for their entitled life styles ? Oh I know it happens. Still wrong with a pandemic. Venice FL retiree transplant country.
The history in Florida has always been business and development take precedence over the environment, that's is why we have red tides and green lakes and problems in the Everglades. Peoples health taking a backseat to the welfare of the population is expected.

Last edited by Goodnight; 04-06-2020 at 06:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies