Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2020, 07:23 AM

2,005 posts, read 762,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Me.

I could not get a test as a 40-something asthmatic who was having unrelenting breathing difficulties two weeks ago. I was told I could not get a test because I had no fever, and I wasn’t in China recently.

Ridiculous. This is not just CNN reporting. It’s reality.
But you don't need to be tested. You don’t have the symptoms. This is why hospitals are overwhelmed, all this self diagnosing. Imagine that, an asthmatic having trouble breathing. Let’s for a second and think, maybe it’s was because you have asthma.

Old 04-11-2020, 07:45 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
But you don't need to be tested. You don’t have the symptoms. This is why hospitals are overwhelmed, all this self diagnosing. Imagine that, an asthmatic having trouble breathing. Let’s for a second and think, maybe it’s was because you have asthma.

LOL....

Old 04-11-2020, 07:45 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,661,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
this is ridiculous.

Fruit and vegetable plants 'nonessential' under Michigan governor's order

https://www.michiganradio.org/post/f...overnors-order
I agree. This is BS. Good for people to dig in their yards and things like that right now.

Old 04-11-2020, 07:53 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
he’s right.
Quote:
The HBO star singled out Rep. Ted Lieu, D-Calif., for condemning the term "Wuhan Virus" when he tweeted that the virus "is not constrained by country or race. Be just as stupid to call it the Milan Virus."

"No, that would be way stupider because it didn't come from Milan. And if it did, I guarantee we'd be calling it the Milan Virus," Maher reacted. "Jesus F---ing Christ, can't we even have a pandemic without getting offended?"

"Seriously, it scares me that there are people out there who would rather die from the virus than call it by the wrong name. This isn't about vilifying a culture, this is about facts. This is about life and death."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...lame-china.amp

Old 04-11-2020, 07:55 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Thank you, doctor—But, I needed a test.

Coronavirus is a contagious respiratory disease. My symptoms (which lasted two weeks) were very concerning.

Anyway, my point is, I have no idea if I had it, but I should’ve had it confirmed one way or another. Urgent Care doctor said she’d test me if they had more tests. But, tests were limited, and she couldn’t.

People are “self diagnosing” because they have no choice. That’s unacceptable. We must test to get beyond this pandemic...and to save lives.

Last edited by Cali Doll; 04-11-2020 at 08:03 AM..

Old 04-11-2020, 08:44 AM

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Very interesting article out of Chicago ....

https://chicagocitywire.com/stories/...virus-antibody

Quote:
A phlebotomist working at Roseland Community Hospital said Thursday that 30% to 50% of patients tested for the coronavirus have antibodies while only around 10% to 20% of those tested have the active virus.

Old 04-11-2020, 08:46 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
Most deaths now are in the US... and we are seriously talking about reopening?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Old 04-11-2020, 08:47 AM

25,576 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Which countries are on lockdown? Even though "lockdown" has different meanings for different places, there is a list and a partial discussion of what that might mean....
Because of USA's unique form of federalism where states enforce their own laws, there is no country wide standard here. Most other countries have some sort of national police force to enforce laws...
UK: Mar 23
Hungary: Mar 30
Singapore: Apr 7
Dubai/UAE: Apr 4
Panama: No date given, but outside activity restricted
Peru: Same as Panama
Thailand: Apr 3
Russia: Mar 30
South Africa: Mar 26
New Zealand: Mar 25
Saudi Arabia: Mar 26....

The list is long and explanations are included. China is discussed. Biggest surprises to me are South Korea and Japan who are not on the list, and the discussion of North Korea, who has shut down international travel even though they have the situation under "complete control".

I think we'll find out that the population of some countries has a natural immunity of some sort.

Old 04-11-2020, 08:59 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Which countries are on lockdown? Even though "lockdown" has different meanings for different places, there is a list and a partial discussion of what that might mean....
Because of USA's unique form of federalism where states enforce their own laws, there is no country wide standard here. Most other countries have some sort of national police force to enforce laws...
UK: Mar 23
Hungary: Mar 30
Singapore: Apr 7
Dubai/UAE: Apr 4
Panama: No date given, but outside activity restricted
Peru: Same as Panama
Thailand: Apr 3
Russia: Mar 30
South Africa: Mar 26
New Zealand: Mar 25
Saudi Arabia: Mar 26....

The list is long and explanations are included. China is discussed. Biggest surprises to me are South Korea and Japan who are not on the list, and the discussion of North Korea, who has shut down international travel even though they have the situation under "complete control".

I think we'll find out that the population of some countries has a natural immunity of some sort.

Japan just restarted a lock down of Tokyo and Osaka for 30 days some time last week.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-11-2020, 09:06 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Thank you, doctor—But, I needed a test.

Coronavirus is a contagious respiratory disease. My symptoms (which lasted two weeks) were very concerning.

Anyway, my point is, I have no idea if I had it, but I should’ve had it confirmed one way or another. Urgent Care doctor said she’d test me if they had more tests. But, tests were limited, and she couldn’t.

People are “self diagnosing” because they have no choice. That’s unacceptable. We must test to get beyond this pandemic...and to save lives.
First, I'm glad you seem to be better.

However, imagine if everyone who had seasonal allergies - and thus possibly most symptoms excepting the fever - insisted on getting tested.

I think everyone agrees - we need more tests. But how many?

South Korea tested 10,000/MM = 1%
UAE is the largest high tester - 60,000/MM = 6%

the US is approx 0.6% right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies