Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2020, 06:32 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,980,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Again, this virus isn't going anywhere.

People are either going to get it now or get it in August ... or October ... or 2021.
Or we might have an anti-viral medication before then. See remdesivir post a few pages up.

Old 04-16-2020, 06:33 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,104,655 times
Quote:

People are either going to get it now or get it in August ... or October ... or 2021.
And? That hardly justifies their actions.

Why don’t you go and lick every door handle you can find and report back to us; after all, “people are either going to get it now or get it in August ... or October ... or 2021“......

Old 04-16-2020, 06:37 PM

48,581 posts, read 34,980,811 times
Quote:

Sure. And depending on the US's capabilities... we will have effective treatments or not.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-16-2020, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Or the models were wrong.

Some models had social distancing included and still predicted way more deaths

I don’t deny shutting things down for a awhile was a good idea, but now libs are exploding in anger at the idea that we might have to start thinking of finding ways to open up instead of not keeping us shut down forever
But we need widespread testing to identify who has the virus. The people who are concerned about opening up the country are concerned because it is too soon.

We need the tests... why don't you write to your Congress persons and the President to tell them to get on the ball and make those tests available.

Old 04-16-2020, 06:41 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,116,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
But we need widespread testing to identify who has the virus. The people who are concerned about opening up the country are concerned because it is too soon.

We need the tests... why don't you write to your Congress persons and the President to tell them to get on the ball and make those tests available.
Are we supposed to test every citizen? How would that work?

Old 04-16-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Are we supposed to test every citizen? How would that work?
Yes. There was some talk about developing a self administered test. Sorry but I don't remember the details.

Old 04-16-2020, 06:56 PM

17,483 posts, read 14,730,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
And? That hardly justifies their actions.

Why don’t you go and lick every door handle you can find and report back to us; after all, “people are either going to get it now or get it in August ... or October ... or 2021“......
The point is, some people think that staying indoors is supposed to eradicate the virus.

That wasn't the point of the lock down.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:04 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,808,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Sadly, NYC is really taking down the whole country. With the NYC metro area making up 1/3 of the cases in the country, the overall infection rates of the US look quite bad-without them we are lower than most developed nations. Travelers/commuters to NYC have managed to heavily infect most of the surrounding area, including Long Island, Northern NJ and Connecticut. It is becoming more clear every day that the area around NYC should have been under a quarantine weeks ago, with no one allowed in or out (with the exception of truckers/deliveries under carefully controlled conditions). Too late now-the virus has been allowed to spread for far too long from the NYC area, killing people all across the country.
This is exactly what helped contain the virus in the Philippines. The Philippines recognized that Manila infections would soon spread to every corner of the Philippines and shut down all air travel and sea travel from Manila.

The argument that people couldn't be forced to shelter in place is a false one. I was forced to shelter in a completely different country. However, it was something I had foreseen. The way American's scream and pout that they had no idea what was going on is not accepted.

A portion of the American public seems to suffer from nothing but a complete lack of any intelligence. As evidence I give the huge demonstrations in Michigan to reopen. Further Trump's plan to reopen and start sports events again where many active Covid 19 cases will be allowed to spread the virus is nothing short of ....

I don't know I am running out of adjectives.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:04 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,104,655 times
Quote:
The point is, some people think that staying indoors is supposed to eradicate the virus.

That wasn't the point of the lock down.
Nice straw-man. I haven’t heard or read of single person who thinks that “staying indoors is supposed to eradicate the virus”, let alone “some people”......

Old 04-16-2020, 07:05 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,116,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Nice straw-man. I haven’t heard or read of single person who thinks that “staying indoors is supposed to eradicate the virus”.
How long should we stay locked down?
For two years like that recent study said?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies