Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2020, 06:23 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
DeSantis just closed the schools for the rest of the academic year.

https://www.wesh.com/article/florida...year/32197215#
They only have another month anyway. My granddaughter is supposed to graduate this year. No big party for her this year.

Old 04-18-2020, 06:34 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I live in Florida and I have no problem saying it's run by morons. It's very much a purple state; DeSantis won by the skin of his teeth, as did Trump.

I will say that we have more than our fair share of weirdos and degenerates. Florida Man and such....
Its Purple because of all the Dems who screweed up their homes states, then moved to Florida and brought their insane political behavior's with them, thinking this time they'll get a different outcome.

Old 04-18-2020, 06:55 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Its Purple because of all the Dems who screweed up their homes states, then moved to Florida and brought their insane political behavior's with them, thinking this time they'll get a different outcome.
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.

Old 04-18-2020, 07:05 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Here's the deal:

Nothing has changed. No vaccine. No drugs to ease the respiratory failure and multiple organ failure when your lungs drown in their own fluid. Not ever getting back your former strength and lung capacity......So... to be back on the beach (to me) with no mask on, no 10-feet between you (yes the droplets travel 10 feet now) no protective eye wear and you are talking and hugging someone one, I think you are a dead duck.

Speaking as a very high risk person, any one of these nuts on the beach that are shedding the virus could kill me.

Please Beach Responsibly!

I want to visit too someday.

Old 04-18-2020, 07:14 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I'm a Floridian.
I'm in self Quarantine.
The beaches will be there after this is all over.
Disney World is still shut down.
(They must know something)
Rather be safe & smart than dead.
Blessings to my fellow Floridians.

Peace !
Exactly.

Better to be 6 feet away than 6 feet under.

Old 04-18-2020, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.
Do you really need me to provide facts as to who is moving into Florida & where they are coming from?

If I do, you will lost all credibility.

How many articles do you need me to link to showing highly taxed northeasterners are fleeing the beds they made to come to the low tax mecca of Florida?

It is fact. Deal with it. Not my opinion. If I start posting links, you will look very foolish.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 04-18-2020 at 07:51 PM..

Old 04-18-2020, 07:29 PM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I'm honestly to the point where I think it will take large numbers of covidiots getting sick and dying before people take it seriously. They might as well just open everything and let the chips fall where they may.
98% have recovered from this virus, so don’t get your hopes up.

The entire world could get it and it wouldn’t be the apocalypse.

As long as you aren't old or obese, or living with the old or obese, people will gladly take their chances.

Old 04-18-2020, 07:49 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
https://twitter.com/Sabrina_McDa/sta...01580219584513

A little harsh -- not everyone who lives in Florida is a moron, of course -- but the state and local government's decision to reopen the beaches during a pandemic is moronic.

A crowded beach and people aren't wearing masks. Think you can't get COVID-19 at the beach? "Spring breakers in Florida​ were criticized for ignoring coronavirus social distancing guidelines. Five students have now tested positive for COVID-19" How stupid can you get? With Governor DeSantis in charge, apparently stupidity knows no bounds.
As long as they aren’t spending the night in hotels and hooking up with each other like they do at Spring Break, I very much doubt people are going to get CV from being on the beach. Those students who tested positive probably got it from the behaviors you see at Spring Break - flying there, a bunch of people in one hotel room, clubbing, going to parties, hooking up with people, etc. I doubt they’ll pick it up just being on the beach. The wind would disperse any germs that the heat wouldn’t, and it doesn’t look like there are beach chairs.

Old 04-18-2020, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
As long as they aren’t spending the night in hotels and hooking up with each other like they do at Spring Break, I very much doubt people are going to get CV from being on the beach. Those students who tested positive probably got it from the behaviors you see at Spring Break - flying there, a bunch of people in one hotel room, clubbing, going to parties, hooking up with people, etc. I doubt they’ll pick it up just being on the beach. The wind would disperse any germs that the heat wouldn’t, and it doesn’t look like there are beach chairs.
The photo on the left is a stock photo, NOT recent.

Old 04-18-2020, 08:27 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Our ramps have been open the whole time. No issues. At all. No rafting up, nothing.

These should be local matters. Not blanket issue orders across the world like some want them to be.
Started off that way... then the weekends got crazy with boaters from south Florida coming up to use our ramps, so no weekends, then completely closed except for commerical guys... now back to weekdays open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies