Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 08:39 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,609,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
He didn’t but I know that won’t stop the twisting from the lying left.

Like most Trump supporters I guess you turned down the volume when he said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
It's on video, but by all means keep telling people not to believe their eyes and ears if it makes the cult leader look bad.
For the life of me I’ll never understand how his supporters ignore something he said or did on video..

Old 04-24-2020, 08:40 AM

6,834 posts, read 5,145,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
This is the amazing part - not that Trump makes ridiculous statements like this, we all understand the way his brain works - but that when confronted with the reality of his statements his supporters deny outright that they ever occurred. We are fast moving away from the age of facts and science and data.
I can forgive people who voted for him in 2016, but not for defending him today.

The mere suggestion of somehow using a household disinfectant internally is beyond moronic, and anyone who defends this as a useful suggestion in any way, shape, or form needs to consider their own mental status.

Old 04-24-2020, 08:42 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,127,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I took it as him making an analogy as clearly he as just musing\speculating. He could have been better with his words but no sane person is going to run out and inject cleaner.
No sane person, that's the key phrase here. Trump's Deranged Supporters don't fall into that category. Imagine some of his supporters heard Trump's words and never listened to any of the sane people who immediately stepped up and said not to listen to the president. The kind of people who believe every word out of Trump's mouth and think everything else is FAKE NEWS!

There is no sanity there.

Old 04-24-2020, 08:43 AM

17,882 posts, read 7,094,553 times
Reasonable people take Trump seriously but not literally. TDS sufferers take him literally but not seriously.

Old 04-24-2020, 08:47 AM

79,039 posts, read 61,199,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
This is a bizarre line of thinking. People do stupid things so it's perfectly fine for our president to recommend stupid things?
Logically, the other poster was referencing one bumpkin MAGA hat wearer in OK dying by injecting lysol.

I pointed out that this is something that does happen in the US and around the world.

Considering the level of genuine concern you have for the topic I have to ask how many deaths\injuries you expect from disinfectant ingestion\injection? I base-lined that it does happen but it's rare so clearly you're anticipating some much higher number?

Basically, I don't think people took him literally but you seem to be alarmed by it. Surely the hospitalizations and deaths (or not) would indicate which of us is in error.

Old 04-24-2020, 08:49 AM

12,716 posts, read 9,915,461 times
Right-wingers are going to be panic-buying tanning beds and bleach now to treat themselves for Covid-19

Meanwhile, now that they've been exposed as shockingly bad ideas from Trump (which took about 1 nanosecond) Hannity and Limbaugh will lead the faux rightwing outrage machine, blaming "the lamestream media" and explaining that this was obviously just locker room talk, or Trump was obviously just being sarcastic, or Trump was obviously talking about how people should sanitize their countertops, or Trump was obviously just..

Old 04-24-2020, 08:49 AM

1,455 posts, read 2,508,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
This is a major conservative news source and Trumps quote is Today's Headline:

DRUDGE REPORT 2020®

I guess the problem comes from some people taking anything that comes out of his mouth seriously.

So we aren't supposed to take what he says literally? Right, got it. Back in the real word, words matter and clear communication is one of the cornerstones of a good leader.

But hey, let's all pretend we should hear what we want to hear. Seems to be working for

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-24-2020 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: language

Old 04-24-2020, 08:52 AM

16,253 posts, read 7,194,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."--Donald J. Trump, April 23, 2020.

Did he offer himself as the guinea pig?

Old 04-24-2020, 08:53 AM

79,039 posts, read 61,199,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No sane person, that's the key phrase here. Trump's Deranged Supporters don't fall into that category. Imagine some of his supporters heard Trump's words and never listened to any of the sane people who immediately stepped up and said not to listen to the president. The kind of people who believe every word out of Trump's mouth and think everything else is FAKE NEWS!

There is no sanity there.
Looking around this forum, I can agree with you that there are some really nutty Trump supporters here. There are also some really nutty left wingers.

Remember the guy that claimed presidents can't control oil prices only to say the complete opposite just 2 years later when the president was of a different party? Funny stuff huh?

I know many Trump supporters in real life. I don't agree with them politically but I'm 100% certain that none of them were going to inject lysol based on Trumps statement.

I've seen a lot of your posts here over the years, are you really that much better than many of the righties here in terms of "fervor"?

Old 04-24-2020, 08:53 AM

12,046 posts, read 5,942,675 times
https://www.dailywire.com/news/fact-...r-drink-bleach
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies