Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 05:27 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,126,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I took it as him making an analogy as clearly he as just musing\speculating. He could have been better with his words but no sane person is going to run out and inject cleaner.
Good thing we live in America, home of people too smart to fall for an obvious scam artist. Oh wait...

https://thehill.com/changing-america...ives-more-than

Old 04-24-2020, 05:30 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,856,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDawg View Post
It seems that some are misreporting what Trump said and claiming that Trump recommended the injection of disinfectant.
He did. He was asking the doctors if there was a way to do that. No misreporting involved.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:31 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,808,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
When you take antibiotics to fight an infection, are you not, in fact, disinfecting yourself?

Clearly, Trump is not talking about injecting yourself with Lysol. It's so disingenuous and petty. He's trying to articulate a question about cleaning the virus out of your system, but he's not an articulate speaker, so he didn't do a good job of presenting that thought. But is he advocating injecting actual disinfectant or bleach? absolutely not.
No you are not disinfecting yourself. Antibiotics kill bacterial infections. Penicillin is an antibiotic, it can not kill a virus. Coronavirus is a virus not a bacterial infection.

Trump clearly spoke of injecting disinfectant into the body, not medications. He also spoke about putting ultraviolet light under the skin or inside the body.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:34 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,803,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I confess, I did not keep up with this conversation, I had other things to do today, and damned if I'm gonna go back and read it all.

But has anybody mentioned the very, very obvious explanation for why Trump said what he said? This will come off nearly as though I'm defending him, but I cannot help it, I can easily put myself in a mental perspective of where another person might well be coming from...

Any of you ever watch Gene Simmons' Family Jewels? He once blanked on the name for the garbage disposal and referred to it as "the food muncher." Which was cute, and funny, he's a rich older guy who doesn't know the word for a very common household thing haha... It is not so funny, of course, when a guy is the US President during a global crisis, but seriously, when was the last time, do ya think, that Donald Trump had to DISINFECT, personally, anything.

Any single object whatsoever.

You think he uses cleaning products? Him, personally? Of course he doesn't. Rich people don't clean toilets or wash their own laundry. So is it wildly far fetched to assume, that perhaps he just does not have the personal experience to know that these are really strong chemicals that could harm a human being? They are probably completely outside of his experience!

And given as others have mentioned, that we can do other forms of radiation and light therapies, even the UV comment is not actually that insane...I mean, he stared into an eclipse with no eye protection, so I could also hazard a guess that he might not know that UV radiation can like really harm you.

I think that these comments came from a place of privileged ignorance. I don't think he was actually saying, "Hey, go inject some Lysol." But the backpeddling to "it was sarcasm!" is kind of silly now. I guess it would be rather embarrassing to say, "Look people, I've never cleaned anything in my life. I'm Donald frickin Trump. How would I know?"
That would have been good.

But it would have been even better if he had introduced Bryan by saying "I know there's been confusion about how people should be cleaning things, and I'm happy to say that we have some real data on that that everyone in America will find useful." And then shut up. Instead he stomped all over Bryan's research by ignoring the real significance of what Bryan said and immediately piping up with dumb suggestions.

So medical researchers needed Trump to tell them that maybe, if they looked into it, they might find something that if injected or inhaled would kill the virus inside of a patient's body?????

I'm sorry, the man's dumb as an old sad sack of charcoal briquets. He's just demonstrated it one more time.

And yes, I really am sorry. It's not a good time for this nonsense.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:35 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,856,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well then, what is your prediction from all the people rushing to ingest lysol?

You sure talk big along with several other posters here that I have asked point blank to predict a death\injury toll (noting there are always a tiny amount doing stupid stuff with household cleaners, sealants etc.)

So, how many hundred?

I guess I shouldn't expect much from "you guys". "You guys" don't even have the guts to sign a rep, let alone stand up and say it on a forum. That it's an anonymous forum making it all the more pathetic.

Trump clearly says some really goofy stuff and then predictably lies about saying it, on that no disagreement here.

However, blind partisans with low IQ's or extreme dishonesty really think this is going to create a crisis.

Covfefe. Just a bunch of covfefe.
All I can say is thankfully THESE 100 people didn't take his advice because they were sure inquiring about it. Nothing partisan about it.
https://www.businessinsider.com/mary...us-cure-2020-4

Old 04-24-2020, 05:38 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,116,024 times
Folks are looking into it too much. President Trump spouts off gibberish once in a while. We'll get a helluva lot more with the potential next president.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:39 PM

17,855 posts, read 13,780,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

You think he uses cleaning products? Him, personally? Of course he doesn't. Rich people don't clean toilets or wash their own laundry. So is it wildly far fetched to assume, that perhaps he just does not have the personal experience to know that these are really strong chemicals that could harm a human being? They are probably completely outside of his experience!
Nice try, but we do know Trump watches TV. I'd imagine he might have seen a Lysol commercial or two in his lifetime. It's been around since 1963.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDHqoHlYoqM

Your rationalization makes him look like a total idiot.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:43 PM

6,748 posts, read 4,439,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Folks are looking into it too much. President Trump spouts off gibberish once in a while. We'll get a helluva lot more with the potential next president.

I'll take sleepy Joe any day, as Trump calls him. Let him nap or hide in the basement. Come out as we need him. Rather be thought the fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Something Trump does constantly.

Now he claims it was just a media test. He just doesnt give up.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:46 PM

37,313 posts, read 59,999,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
No you are not disinfecting yourself. Antibiotics kill bacterial infections. Penicillin is an antibiotic, it can not kill a virus. Coronavirus is a virus not a bacterial infection.

Trump clearly spoke of injecting disinfectant into the body, not medications. He also spoke about putting ultraviolet light under the skin or inside the body.
I am getting visions of Dr. Mengele and his twin experiments every time someone explains what Trump really meant when he said what he did...

Old 04-24-2020, 05:48 PM

37,313 posts, read 59,999,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Nice try, but we do know Trump watches TV. I'd imagine he might have seen a Lysol commercial or two in his lifetime. It's been around since 1963.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDHqoHlYoqM

Your rationalization makes him look like a total idiot.
Trump IS a total idiot—because he is 100% narcissist
He won’t listen
He won’t learn
He won’t apologize
He keeps putting his opinions out as facts when they are nowise viable as rational

I just keep wondering how long his backup singers will be there to provide some semblance of smarts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies