Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 05:05 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Are you a medical expert?
If so, what field of medicine are you in?

You don't need to be a medical expert to have common sense.

Using your logic, one would have to be a scientist to know that pigs don't fly.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:05 PM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
It is amazing what the media is doing to really EVERYONE! They just can't be held responsible. I also listened to Trump and he was asking questions. I don't know how we can go from asking questions to him claiming something?

Here is a prime example of what the news is doing. I chose BBC because some people think it is some balanced news, but it certainly isn't!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52399464

Claim 1

"I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs."

Notice how Trump says, "...is there a way..." How is that a claim? Are people in the media so dumb and underpaid that they don't recognize a simple question? WOW!

Claim 2

"I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you're going to test that too... So, we'll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute - that's pretty powerful."

He again is asking a question by saying, "supposing you brought the light...blah, blah, blah."

Even the makers of Lysol need to come on and tell morons not to inject themselves because of Trump's claim? Seriously? The media needs to be held responsible for this crap! I just can't get over it.

This is getting ridiculous. What is wrong with people and the media? You better start just listening to the source ONLY! Stop letting sources put their spin on things. Oddly, Youtube is probably your best news source as you can find the actual discussion. Sad. BBC is a joke just like all the others. There are no news outlets reliable. Not one.
You need step back from your media obsession to see the bigger picture, which is that the president is a complete moron for even suggesting what you quote, and clearly out of his depth in just about every way imaginable. Not even my eight year old son would suggest something so stupid.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:08 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
"Or something like that"

Anti virals are often administered by injection.
Oh no need to bother with proper medical research - a brush dipped in a bit of PineSol and applied liberally to the lining of the lungs should clean em right up!

Old 04-24-2020, 05:09 PM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
I confess, I did not keep up with this conversation, I had other things to do today, and damned if I'm gonna go back and read it all.

But has anybody mentioned the very, very obvious explanation for why Trump said what he said? This will come off nearly as though I'm defending him, but I cannot help it, I can easily put myself in a mental perspective of where another person might well be coming from...

Any of you ever watch Gene Simmons' Family Jewels? He once blanked on the name for the garbage disposal and referred to it as "the food muncher." Which was cute, and funny, he's a rich older guy who doesn't know the word for a very common household thing haha... It is not so funny, of course, when a guy is the US President during a global crisis, but seriously, when was the last time, do ya think, that Donald Trump had to DISINFECT, personally, anything.

Any single object whatsoever.

You think he uses cleaning products? Him, personally? Of course he doesn't. Rich people don't clean toilets or wash their own laundry. So is it wildly far fetched to assume, that perhaps he just does not have the personal experience to know that these are really strong chemicals that could harm a human being? They are probably completely outside of his experience!

And given as others have mentioned, that we can do other forms of radiation and light therapies, even the UV comment is not actually that insane...I mean, he stared into an eclipse with no eye protection, so I could also hazard a guess that he might not know that UV radiation can like really harm you.

I think that these comments came from a place of privileged ignorance. I don't think he was actually saying, "Hey, go inject some Lysol." But the backpeddling to "it was sarcasm!" is kind of silly now. I guess it would be rather embarrassing to say, "Look people, I've never cleaned anything in my life. I'm Donald frickin Trump. How would I know?"

Old 04-24-2020, 05:14 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,417,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh no need to bother with proper medical research - a brush dipped in a bit of PineSol and applied liberally to the lining of the lungs should clean em right up!

As much as I dont like Trump, for countless reasons. He would get some respect from me if he could just once, apologize for saying something stupid. A mans weakness is not being able to admit fault. Something he just can not do. And never learns.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:15 PM

563 posts, read 281,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
He did. We saw his entire statement. Tell me what else it said if not that.
He did NOT recommend injecting disinfectant. After a briefing on disinfecting surfaces he posed this question toward the two doctors:

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

Why would a president on national TV utter such a profoundly ignorant question? It was not sarcasm and the question wasn't directed towards reporters.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:19 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I confess, I did not keep up with this conversation, I had other things to do today, and damned if I'm gonna go back and read it all.

But has anybody mentioned the very, very obvious explanation for why Trump said what he said? This will come off nearly as though I'm defending him, but I cannot help it, I can easily put myself in a mental perspective of where another person might well be coming from...

Any of you ever watch Gene Simmons' Family Jewels? He once blanked on the name for the garbage disposal and referred to it as "the food muncher." Which was cute, and funny, he's a rich older guy who doesn't know the word for a very common household thing haha... It is not so funny, of course, when a guy is the US President during a global crisis, but seriously, when was the last time, do ya think, that Donald Trump had to DISINFECT, personally, anything.

Any single object whatsoever.

You think he uses cleaning products? Him, personally? Of course he doesn't. Rich people don't clean toilets or wash their own laundry. So is it wildly far fetched to assume, that perhaps he just does not have the personal experience to know that these are really strong chemicals that could harm a human being? They are probably completely outside of his experience!

And given as others have mentioned, that we can do other forms of radiation and light therapies, even the UV comment is not actually that insane...I mean, he stared into an eclipse with no eye protection, so I could also hazard a guess that he might not know that UV radiation can like really harm you.

I think that these comments came from a place of privileged ignorance. I don't think he was actually saying, "Hey, go inject some Lysol." But the backpeddling to "it was sarcasm!" is kind of silly now. I guess it would be rather embarrassing to say, "Look people, I've never cleaned anything in my life. I'm Donald frickin Trump. How would I know?"
or, as put so accurately by Theodoric of York Medieval Barber...

Spoiler
Nahhhhhhh...

Old 04-24-2020, 05:20 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Fan 79 View Post
He did NOT recommend injecting disinfectant. After a briefing on disinfecting surfaces he posed this question toward the two doctors:

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

Why would a president on national TV utter such a profoundly ignorant question? It was not sarcasm and the question wasn't directed towards reporters.
The floor is yours. Explain in as much detail as you want, what Trump was trying to say.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:22 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
As much as I dont like Trump, for countless reasons. He would get some respect from me if he could just once, apologize for saying something stupid. A mans weakness is not being able to admit fault. Something he just can not do. And never learns.
Indeed. And it’s compounded by the endless defensive attempts by supporters to explain on his behalf - just makes the whole thing even more utterly ridiculous.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:25 PM

12,411 posts, read 9,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Everyone is focused on the injecting of disinfectants. But what about getting the light into the body either through the skin "or in some other way"? I'm most curious about this "some other way." Is this "some other way" akin to a colonoscopy where a doctor shines a UV light in you through the back door?
That seemed to be Dr Trump's drift. Of course he got his MD from "Trump University"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies