Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 03:22 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDawg View Post
Trump likes to "think out loud", so to speak. His detractors love to pick apart his comments in order to criticize him. He certainly gives them plenty of material with which to disseminate.
If you can call those "thoughts".

Everyone's mind is busy producing notions all of the time. Thinking is what you do with those notions. Most of us learned long ago that most notions are not golden.

Old 04-24-2020, 03:25 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB12inTB2020 View Post
I have YouTubed just about every source to find Trump stating he thinks people should start drinking bleach. I cannot find anything like that. Can anyone supply an unaltered video clip of him suggesting people should start drinking bleach? I need to see this first hand, as media sources are claiming he said to do just that. Thank you in advance.
Just read the quote, or listen to it. That is also on Youtube. He actually said disinfectant, pick your poison.

Yes, he sometimes states really stupid stuff (like injecting disinfectant) to the American people, and suggesting in front of all the world Dr Birx ( Us government health official and a retired U.S. Army physician) was going to 'look into it' !

I am surprised more people haven't reacted to his suggestion of Uv-C light (or other powerful light) inserted into the body. I shudder to think what burns and blisters from that sort of technology on our internal organs will do to us.

The man seems so ... out of touch. Very embarrassing. I am actually embarrassed for him.

Old 04-24-2020, 03:26 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,770,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Just watched today's press conference. Scientist up there confirming results of studies that ultra violet light, heat, humidity, and isolate alcohol, much faster than bleach, kills or slows down coronavirus. Trump, in his weird off the cuff Trumpy way expressed enthusiasm and asked the doctor if there was a way to incorporate this into some kind of treatment or something along these lines.. again, just asking in a brainstorming inquiring puppy like way. I thought it sounded a little silly, but I also knew what he was doing. It was obvious he was just asking questions.

I pick up my phone, again make the mistake of checking out Twitter and what headline do I see trending? "Trump suggests injecting disinfectant" gods I hate Twitter and the yes... now more than ever the press! Nothing but bullbait!

Rant over!
He actually did say it, in fact he knows it's recorded and indisputable so his excuse? He was being sarcastic, so even he does not deny saying it.

Old 04-24-2020, 03:26 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,968,698 times
He spouts lies, misinformation, and stupid stuff every day at these "briefings." Strange how it would never be tolerated had any other president been this inept. Conservatives' excuse is that it just "Trump being Trump."

His whole response to this crisis has been a disorganized mess from the beginning with conflicting information, chaos in the West Wing, back-biting, smear campaigns, irresponsibility and general incompetence. And 50,000 have died so far. But he makes jokes about his ratings.

Old 04-24-2020, 03:27 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I didn't twist his words. I know what he said because I heard him. Nothing to dispute about that.
Show me the quote where he said to drink or inject bleach?

Sniffing pedophile Joe and many other Democrats are saying not to drink bleach? So, I ask again where in his press conference did he say to drink or inject “bleach”???

Old 04-24-2020, 03:28 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
As an aside, I find it interesting the alcohol worked faster than the bleach.

Bleach isn't all that. It is supposed to kill mold spores but tea tree oil works better. I wonder if any essential oils could kill the virus on surfaces, I'd rather use those to clean but I imagine they won't test any.

Sunlight IS a great disinfectant too. Shine sunbeam into lungs - voila. Cute idea. Poor Trump, caught such hell for being Trump.

Old 04-24-2020, 03:30 PM

32,114 posts, read 34,747,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
As an aside, I find it interesting the alcohol worked faster than the bleach.

Bleach isn't all that. It is supposed to kill mold spores but tea tree oil works better. I wonder if any essential oils could kill the virus on surfaces, I'd rather use those to clean but I imagine they won't test any.

Sunlight IS a great disinfectant too. Shine sunbeam into lungs - voila. Cute idea. Poor Trump, caught such hell for being Trump.
What about injecting eucalyptus or lavender? Maybe that would treat CV? If not, you'd at least have very fragrant poops (fingers crossed).

Old 04-24-2020, 03:31 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Lol one of the brain trust cowards that post here left me a rep saying I need to come back and apologize after there are hundreds in the hospital for doing what Trump said.

Earlier in the thread I asked people having a brain aneurysm over this how many hundreds or thousands they thought would do this and I'll have to go back and see if anyone actually answered or if they just crawled back under their rock and left me a rep.

Seriously, if you don't have the conviction to openly state what you think and stand by it....well then you remind me a whole lot of a certain president.

P.S. I'd say go jump off a cliff but since it's Literal Friday, I'm afraid of all the posters here that could maim or kill.

Old 04-24-2020, 03:34 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

Sniffing pedophile Joe and many other Democrats are saying not to drink bleach? So, I ask again where in his press conference did he say to drink or inject “bleach”???
He is making his statement right after Mr.Bryan was talking about using bleach or alcohol to disinfect surfaces. In fact he nods to Bill Bryan while saying "and then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute" which is what Mr Bryan was just saying. He then goes on to talk about looking into injecting the disinfectant inside to clean the lungs.

Mr Bryan
"We’re also testing disinfectants readily available. We’ve tested bleach, we’ve tested isopropyl alcohol on the virus, specifically in saliva or in respiratory fluids. And I can tell you that bleach will kill the virus in five minutes; isopropyl alcohol will kill the virus in 30 seconds, and that’s with no manipulation, no rubbing — just spraying it on and letting it go."

Trump
"Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that."

Old 04-24-2020, 03:34 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

I already covered that. He didn't say bleach he said disinfectant. That is equally as stupid and dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies