Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 02:20 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times

Advertisements

https://www.businessinsider.com/mary...us-cure-2020-4

Maryland said it's received 100 calls to its coronavirus hotline inquiring about Trump's suggestion that disinfectants might be able to treat COVID-19

Old 04-24-2020, 02:21 PM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
The amusing thing about this thread is, all the people claiming he said whatever are the same people that state he is a liar, grifter, buffoon, moron, idiot, con artist, liar (i know, i said it twice) and a host of other things like to pick and choose the things they believe he said.
If one truly hates this guy, and you believe he is what i stated above, why do you care ? It's a lie right ? A lie from some moron, grifter, buffoon con artist. And yet here we are 60 plus pages in here. It's kind of funny.

Well, everyone enjoy their weekend, stay safe, don't drink bleach and stay away from the media. I'm out...i have yard work to catch up.

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Trump nuts, see below and take the appropriate actions (I see you already did):
They're on the ball today!

19,605 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
He was speaking to Bill Bryans statements about using bleach and alcohol to disinfect surfaces. Trump said right after Bryan finished speaking "And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning."
He was asking about trying something "like that" and further said using medical doctors. So, medically approved testing of possible methods of internal disinfection.

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
https://www.businessinsider.com/mary...us-cure-2020-4

Maryland said it's received 100 calls to its coronavirus hotline inquiring about Trump's suggestion that disinfectants might be able to treat COVID-19
I wonder is that trolling or if that is a serious question. There are a lot of trolls out there.

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I'm not disputing any misuse of the word "disinfectant." he clearly in this context was referring to antibodies....but liberals say "duuuuuhhhh he meant clorox....duhhhhhh"

Nothing personal, but anyone who really thinks that he was referring to household cleaning products deserves to have "disinfectants" used on them. Anyone who read the transcript and/or heard everything that was said--knows that this is being taken out of context. The willful ignorance on this actually winning on this board.
Disinfectants are not antibodies, buddy. Pretty clear difference between the two, so nice try. Next you'll tell me by "light inside our bodies", he meant "vaccine."

There is no "taking out of context." We saw the full quote and understand that Donald is suggesting doctors look into crazy things.

You just don't want to admit to the obvious, which is that our President is an idiot.

If there's anyone who deserves to try Donald's "disinfectant injection" therapy, it's the Trumpers who sent the obvious and support this kind of patent nonsense.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:22 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Just more smoke and mirrors from Trump die-hards to tell us we didn't hear what we know we just did and blame the media for publishing what he said. This is a tactic also known as "insulting our intelligence."

Or, it could simply be the fact that your hate for Trump consumes you and everyone else in your leftist echo chamber of San Francisco.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:23 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,098,252 times
Every president I have experienced, from both parties, has always been very careful with wording, especially during serious crises. Well chosen words are the currency of presidents, because they don't want what they say to be misconstrued or to cause collateral damage because of misinterpretation. So we now have a president who cares very little about what he says in public. Words are not well chosen, presumably because he speaks with minimal proficiency, or because he feels he should have an expert opinion on everything. If he were precise and careful with his words, as ALL other presidents have been, people wouldn't be wasting their time arguing about what he REALLY meant. His supporters would not have to be tying themselves in knots to excuse him, and detractors would not have to be repeating the obvious. Face it, he falls FAR BELOW the standards set by every other president in memory.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:24 PM

19,605 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I wonder is that trolling or if that is a serious question. There are a lot of trolls out there.
95% trolling, no doubt.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:24 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Are there disinfecting agents that are not toxic that one can actually inject into the bloodstream? Maybe, I have no idea. I know that we do things like kidney dialysis, where we literally filter a person's blood for them. As I was digging into this mess, I found out that Hydrogen Peroxide can be used in nebulizers so that it can be inhaled and that this is a legit treatment for infections in the lungs. I didn't know that. I thought that Hydrogen Peroxide would be toxic. There are old treatments using UV-light under the skin to treat illnesses and they actually worked pretty well. I didn't know that either.

I do agree that brainstorming sessions are best kept behind closed doors. Stupid questions lead to stupid people making stupid assumptions and stupid choices.

It's just annoying when the media takes everything that the idiot says to the worst possible conclusion every single time. This would be fine if they did it across the board. Instead, you're seeing the news media take Joe Biden's dementia-laden ramblings and then twisting them into coherent, insightful and timely statements.
It really doesn't matter. Aren't people suppose to be smart enough to not ingest or inject products that are not made for medical purposes, and to use off the shelf products as instructed ? For something as serious as this virus, isn't it best to only follow the advice of a medical expert?

In this case, all the media did, as in so many of Trump's " moments " is show HIS news conference. It was so astounding, that it took on a life of it's own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies