Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 01:30 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,817,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Wrong. They came out with the warning after the media took him out of context. They are covering themselves from liability. It’s the same reason the iron tag tells you not to iron your clothes while wearing them.
The media didn't take him out of context. I heard what he said with my own ears. Dr. Birx had to be mopped up off the floor after that presser.

There were 100 emergency calls in Maryland today because those people actually thought there might be something to what he said.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Yes, he should have known his words would be twisted out of context by the media. He should stop doing press conferences.
I heard him. His words were not twisted. You can say that all you want, it doesn't make it so. If the facts alarm you, the problem isn't with the facts.

I agree he should stop with the press rallies, er, conferences. He just muddies the waters. Let the medical experts take over.

3,046 posts, read 2,385,425 times
Even if we go out on a limb and suppose that Trump did not mean we should be injecting people with disinfectant and rubbing alcohol, why is he clumsily asking these absolutely imbecilic questions to his scientists at his press conference?? If you're a simpleton, you ask your dumb questions in a private locked room, so no one with an actual brain can judge how stupid you are for speaking them. You don't come out in front of the world, and show people you have an IQ under 70.

Quote:
"So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it's ultraviolet or just a very powerful light — and I think you said that hasn't been checked because of the testing," Trump said, speaking to Bryan during the briefing. "And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're going to test that, too."

"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that." - Trump

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The media didn't take him out of context. I heard what he said with my own ears. Dr. Birx had to be mopped up off the floor after that presser.

There were 100 emergency calls in Maryland today because those people actually thought there might be something to what he said.
Lol. You’ve gone from repeating the same line about disinfectant companies to the “100 calls in Maryland”.

Are you even aware, I wonder, of just how often you repeat yourself?

Old 04-24-2020, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
he never even said the word "Lysol" and yet hear we are, debating about the use of "Lysol"...it's literally headlining major news outlets as we speak lol.

you literally have people on this very forum claiming that he said "lysol" and "colrox"

the left has contaminated the narrative enough now that companies literally have to caution the use of ingesting their products.
Tomato, tomahto. Geez. He said disinfectant. Does that make it any less poisonous? LOL>

Old 04-24-2020, 01:33 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:

This just proves there are many out there that lack critical thinking skills and just don't know when not to take things literally.

I just looked at a tube of toothpaste, it had a warning not to ingest it. Trump must have mentioned something about that as well , huh ?

Old 04-24-2020, 01:34 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
Quote:
We actually need education from the medical community about this. Trump needs to stay out of it. This isn't about elections or winning or not winning. We are in a global emergency right now and sure could use a leader who at least lets the medical community take the lead. Thankfully, most of us know better than to listen to his idiocy.

The MSM has been using the CV as a political propagandist opportunity IMO.
The "medical community" Trump has = IMO.

As I said earlier, this was better if nothing and so on - Pres.Trump should've stayed out of it totally and let it ride out.
IMO let doctors outside of DC make their recommendations and for THE PEOPLE who are supposed to be free to decide what's best for them, not any government (US or State) as we have the Constitution and Bill Of Rights and there's no exceptions to those for emergencies or pandemics.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Lol. You’ve gone from repeating the same line about disinfectant companies to the “100 calls in Maryland”.

Are you even aware, I wonder, of just how often you repeat yourself?
Yes I do. That's because some on here refuse to get it. So I have to keep repeating myself. It's exhausting, really. If people would just accept the facts, then I could get some rest.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:35 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
We actually need education from the medical community about this. Trump needs to stay out of it. This isn't about elections or winning or not winning. We are in a global emergency right now and sure could use a leader who at least lets the medical community take the lead. Thankfully, most of us know better than to listen to his idiocy.
I thought this was Mike Pence job anyway, wasn't he appointed to lead this fight, our coronavirus czar. Seems like he should be the one taking the lead, and should be the first to speak at these press conferences. Trump should have his own separate press conference, where he can talk everything else not related to the medical point of view.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
This just proves there are many out there that lack critical thinking skills and just don't know when not to take things literally.

I just looked at a tube of toothpaste, it had a warning not to ingest it. Trump must have mentioned something about that as well , huh ?
I don't need critical thinking skills to know what I hear with my own ears. Listening and hearing what you hear doesn't require critical thinking. It just is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies