Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 01:03 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
They know he didn't say that.

But they believe they might be able to fool somebody somewhere into believing he did, and take away some of his votes.

The chance to reduce his votes, is value beyond price to these people. It justifies any amount of lies, disingenuousness, and smears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
He said it. What is wrong with you that you can't just admit that he said it?
See?

Old 04-24-2020, 01:03 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,105,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
@OP we know that he didn't....if you listen to the press conference, there wasn't a thing that he said that was wrong.

He clearly was referring to alternative and innovative methods that were being brought to his attention via the medical experts...but the low information, low IQ left wing establishment masterfully turned the headlines into "Trump tells you to drink Colorox Bleach and Lysol to get rid of corona"

And like the low information, low IQ left who gets their info from stand up comics, pop singers, and facebook ads...they swallowed it hook line and sinker.

This is just yet another chicken little moment. We saw the same reaction with the "Both sides" comment, the Mueller Report, the "kids in cages", the "muslim ban" and "Ukrain Phone call" and whatever else.

Once this is washed out of the weekend news cycle, they'll look for something else in the upcoming weeks.
I saw the news conference. You can read the transcript if you want. It was clearly what he said. No medical expert "brought" this idea to his mind. And it was not sarcasm. There was no reason to have a sarcastic response to the presentation which preceded him. Trump just couldn't let the presentation stand. He had to say something, even if it was just bulls**ting, and that is what came out of his unbalanced, moronic mind.

You can make a million excuses for his "mistake" but you can't blame it on anyone but Trump. And calling people who don't agree with you "low IQ, low information" will not help anything. That kind of defense only is used when there really isn't a defense. This was not a trap or manipulation by the press. As so often happens, Trump has a unique ability to hang himself by talking without thinking.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:04 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,663,739 times
All I can say is this isn't really happening, is it?

Old 04-24-2020, 01:05 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Guess what. There are many "slightly retarded" people in our country that take him literally... and sometimes act on what he says. Like those 2 who took fish tank cleaner.

That is why we literate, thinking people make such a big deal out of these incidents. We are trying to protect the dummies out there. And we are appalled at our Pfesident's "slightly retarded manner of speaking" because if a person speaks in such a manner, his thinking skills must also be slightly retarded. (Using your phrase here)

I understood what he meant as I used to live in a NJ region from not very far from his neck of the woods - but still was a bad choice of words though especially when TDS THE REAL PANDEMIC is amongst a good chuck of the populous who'll listen/read that by the MSM masters and their ilk Lysol (Reckitt Benckiser company - a dem $ donor) who couldn't stand not taking the opportunity to bash Pres. Trump.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:06 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,567,713 times
Only a complete moron would make public comments questioning such a thing on national tv during a crisis. Trump is that moron.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:06 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
There isn’t a medical expert alive that brought him the idea of using light under the skin or disinfectant, GTFOHWTBS
you're desperate to get him out of office because you lost the election in 2016--so you'll tell yourself anything, I get it.

But I know it's easier to keep the lie up, hoping that it'll improve your election chances.

Anyway, here are the comments verbatim:

Quote:
So I asked Bill a question some of you are thinking of if you're into that world, which I find to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it goes in one minute, that's pretty powerful."
he clearly was told and informed that they were experimenting with a number of ways to attack the virus by his use of the word "you",they are clearly ideas from others, that were new and innovative that he was informed about which is obvious.

Like I said....it's easier to keep up the lie that he was referring to household cleaning products and that he just dreamt it up. It makes for funny memes and it reinforces this idea that Trump is as bad as they think that he is.

The only blame I place on Trump is broadcasting any type of brainstorming that may go on within meetings.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:07 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Lysol had to release an official statement saying not to ingest or inject their product.

Quote:
Improper use of Disinfectants

Due to recent speculation and social media activity, RB (the makers of Lysol and Dettol) has been asked whether internal administration of disinfectants may be appropriate for investigation or use as a treatment for coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2).

As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route). As with all products, our disinfectant and hygiene products should only be used as intended and in line with usage guidelines. Please read the label and safety information.

We have a responsibility in providing consumers with access to accurate, up-to-date information as advised by leading public health experts. For this and other myth-busting facts, please visit Covid-19facts.com.

For more information on our response to COVID-19, visit this link: Coronavirus information
https://www.rb.com/media/news/2020/a...disinfectants/

Up next: Windex may cure pink eye.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:07 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,730,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
See?
Since that's not what he said, could you post a video and transcript that shows what he said? Because I saw it last night, and I've read the transcript. Are you alleging that the realtime recording was inaccurate? What did he actually say? Please help those of us who have seen and heard him, since obviously you saw and heard something totally different. We don't want to believe our lyin' eyes and ears... better to believe some random poster who saw and heard differently!

Old 04-24-2020, 01:08 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,817,016 times
So Maryland got 100 emergency calls asking about disinfectant use after hearing Trump. Words matter, people.
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/corona..._live_hero_hed

Old 04-24-2020, 01:08 PM

838 posts, read 555,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
All I can say is this isn't really happening, is it?
According to Fox News, no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies