Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 01:24 PM

654 posts, read 364,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I heard Clorox works try some..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Just watched today's press conference. Scientist up there confirming results of studies that ultra violet light, heat, humidity, and isolate alcohol, much faster than bleach, kills or slows down coronavirus. Trump, in his weird off the cuff Trumpy way expressed enthusiasm and asked the doctor if there was a way to incorporate this into some kind of treatment or something along these lines.. again, just asking in a brainstorming inquiring puppy like way. I thought it sounded a little silly, but I also knew what he was doing. It was obvious he was just asking questions.

I pick up my phone, again make the mistake of checking out Twitter and what headline do I see trending? "Trump suggests injecting disinfectant" gods I hate Twitter and the yes... now more than ever the press! Nothing but bullbait!

Rant over!
I watched videos of the press conference. Go to YouTube and search for "Trump Lysol".

He most certainly suggested having Lysol injected into people.

Vile moron.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:25 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I support the president, voted for him last time, and will vote for him this time. I agree with all of the bolded ^^^^^. Trump brought this criticism on himself. He needs to KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid. Give the updates on administrative policy. Hand over the rest of the briefing to his Task Force. Keep it all down to an hour or less.
The problem is, Trump really believes his own hype about being a genius. Remember, he also said he knows so much that the doctors are all impressed with his medical knowledge. Do you believe that?

How do you tell someone who is thoroughly convinced he knows what he's talking about to sit down and shut up, especially when he has a huge ego, a belief that he is never wrong, and is president of the United States? No one will put Trump in the corner because they are afraid of his retaliation.

Voters like you have thrust this know-nothing, big mouthed fool upon the country. And you're still going to vote for him again.

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Why can't right-wingers just own it???

Just say, "Yeah, that was dumb." Then move on?!

Why this constant spin and lie to try to deflect?? This post is pure insult on people's intelligence. The only thing it successfully shows is the poster's level of "intelligence".

Why lie? I posted the transcript.

Please point out where Trump said anything about self injecting Lysol or Chlorox.

Yes, we know you're desperate, and guillble enough to recreate the narrative, and yes, you have the left wing press pushing this to back up the lie that you want to believe, so I get it. I think what's frustrating is that not only is the video there, and the context is clear, but the transcript is there as well to assist the doubters, yet people still prefer to feign ignorance.

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:

Why this constant spin and lie to try to deflect?? This post is pure insult on people's intelligence. The only thing it successfully shows is the poster's level of "intelligence".
Deep down there is embarrassment. Pretty unsettling to be a loud and known supporter of a lunatic and always having to own up to it.

They would like nothing more than to convince the rest of us that what we are seeing is not what's happening.

"Reject the evidence of your eyes and ears"
1984 | George Orwell

Old 04-24-2020, 01:26 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
I agree - bad bad choice of words and dangerous who don't understand his lingo style which is most.

I wished he did ZERO about CV!
NO DOCTORS, NO NEWS CONFERENCES, NOTHING!
Yes the MSM would've made it a big deal, but that's expected for the POTUS being POTUS (darned if he does, darned if he doesn't) and someone else not winning.
We actually need education from the medical community about this. Trump needs to stay out of it. This isn't about elections or winning or not winning. We are in a global emergency right now and sure could use a leader who at least lets the medical community take the lead. Thankfully, most of us know better than to listen to his idiocy.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:27 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Wrong. They came out with the warning after the media took him out of context. They are covering themselves from liability. It’s the same reason the iron tag tells you not to iron your clothes while wearing them.

Are there people who would do that? Nevermind

I understood his lingo, but most wouldn't and would take it literally which could be very dangerous.
Lysol (which I cannot find in stock) had to cover themselves but at the same time "" because they're a dem $ donor.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:28 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Why lie? I posted the transcript.

Please point out where Trump said anything about self injecting Lysol or Chlorox.

Yes, we know you're desperate, and guillble enough to recreate the narrative, and yes, you have the left wing press pushing this to back up the lie that you want to believe, so I get it. You actually, in your brain think that you're making a point.
He did ask the question about whether people should be injected with disinfectants. He did ask about getting the UV rays inside the body. You can't make this stuff up. He was desperate to hear an answer than he didn't get to hear. Maryland had 100 emergency calls today because those poor souls actually wondered about what he said.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:29 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:

Maybe you should go back to the beginning of this thread and re read it. Many of us has said that he needs to just shut up and stop spew nonsense. Let the experts talk. You obviously missed it.

The only deflecting that is being done is the fact that he did not say to inject or inject anything. He asked and speculated , big difference, which many seem to ignore.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:29 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:

Yes, he should have known his words would be twisted out of context by the media. He should stop doing press conferences.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:30 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,567,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Not all crazy-sounding ideas are stupid! We inject people with dye. We inject people with platinum. We inject people with radioactive pellets. We shoot xrays through them, we shoot magnetic resonance through them. Wouldn't any of these ideas sound stupid if you'd never heard of them?

He asked a question other curious people might have asked.

People just love to blow everything up.

Everyone thinks they're an expert now.
No. Some people just have the intelligence to know that injecting disinfectant into our lungs or bodies, isn't really a good idea. If it were, I'm pretty sure the experts would have figure this out for other viruses.

Trump is out of his league. He is grasping at any hope for a cure or treatment. He shouldn't be thinking out loud, or asking questions while doing a press conference. If he had any intelligence, he would ask his silly questions in private, so that at the very least when he stands in front of the camera, he wouldn't look and sound so utterly idiotic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies