Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 01:50 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And the medical professionals are telling him, and you, that there are no medical disinfectants that one can safely ingest or inhale.

Come on, tamajane. Even you must realize this by now.
I think Trump should be the test person to prove how well his suggestion works...

Old 04-24-2020, 01:50 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,823 times
Let's say for sake of argument he actually had the brain capacity to be sardonic. What kind of ****ing president is cracking jokes during a pandemic?

Old 04-24-2020, 01:51 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Chemotherapy is poison yet it can save a life. Rat poison not so much.

Trump was asking about medical use of a medical disinfectant by medical professionals.

Come on people.
He said the disinfectant can kill in a minute -- that is the disinfectant on the counter -- that's not medical disinfectant.

And you are wrong wrong wrong -- he's now saying he was being sarcastic.

So here's the thing -- all of you trying to rationalize what he said and you didn't know he was being sarcastic but those of us that question his sanity for thinking he might have a medical solution are wrong.

LOLOLOLOL
Trumped again.

You dance and spin and then he drops you all on the floor on your butt.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:51 PM

16,283 posts, read 10,424,652 times
I would personally like to thank the President for making such an idiotic comment that it resulted in a 63 page thread in less than a day. We get to read posters try to actually minimize or better yet pretend it never happened that the President of the United States, the highest office in the world, actually asked if we could look at injecting poisons because it kills the virus on surfaces.

It's a great way to kill time as we stay home all day.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:52 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,968,698 times
Here's what you DON'T do when you're president:

DON'T:
- Make sarcastic remarks during a pandemic when 50,000 American have died. (He was serious when he said it.)
- Make jokes during a pandemic.
- Brag about how great your ratings are for your news conferences during a pandemic.
- Smear other people and institutions during a pandemic (governors, opposing politicians, the media).
- Don't undercut your own government ("Deep State Department")
- Point to your head and scare the living daylights out of the country when you say that you know best because you're so intelligent. You're obviously not.
- Tell people that you're "topping off" the strategic oil reserves and it's a beautiful thing after prices have crashed. The reserve has been topped off for a while, there is no place left to put oil, and freighters are parked at sea brimming with oil with no place to put it. It was an obvious lie.

Conservatives let Trump get away with murder for three years and would never had let any other president do 1% of what Trump has done. And no, "That's just Trump being Trump" was always a cop-out.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:53 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Repeating a sentence word for word from a video is not taking it out of context.
Here's the transcript:

Quote:
So I asked Bill a question some of you are thinking of if you're into that world, which I find to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it goes in one minute, that's pretty powerful."
Please, point out where, he mentions Lysol and clorox.

And if you have trouble reading, please have someone read it out loud to you.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:53 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Not defensive at all. Just stating the facts.
Right..

Old 04-24-2020, 01:56 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And the medical professionals are telling him, and you, that there are no medical disinfectants that one can safely ingest or inhale.

Come on, tamajane. Even you must realize this by now.
If that is true, the question was answered. At one time there was no chemotherapy or radiation treatments either due to hazards but medical science figured out a way to get poison into people without (mostly) killing them.

But he never said to inject Lysol. lol.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:58 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Here's the transcript:

Please, point out where, he mentions Lysol and clorox.

And if you have trouble reading, please have someone read it out loud to you.

Thanks in advance.
Lysol and Chlorox are brand names of disinfectant. He talks about a disinfectant.

So it is like him saying you use a tissue to wipe your nose -- and some one said that he suggested using a Kleenix....see how that works.....

Old 04-24-2020, 01:58 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If that is true, the question was answered. At one time there was no chemotherapy or radiation treatments either due to hazards but medical science figured out a way to get poison into people without (mostly) killing them.

But he never said to inject Lysol. lol.

It might be a cure for TDS though j/k lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies