Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 01:20 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,014,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
They didn't "have" to.

No one would have thought anything about Trump's question to the doctors about possible medical treatment until the media twisted it and ran with their own TDS version to put it in the public's head.
he never even said the word "Lysol" and yet hear we are, debating about the use of "Lysol"...it's literally headlining major news outlets as we speak lol.

you literally have people on this very forum claiming that he said "lysol" and "colrox"

the left has contaminated the narrative enough now that companies literally have to caution the use of ingesting their products.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:21 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Joe Biden never suggested that UV light or disinfectants injected into a body might cure a virus. What Trump said is far from a nothing burger. Or at least it was perceived that way by medical experts and disinfectant manufacturers who felt compelled to mitigate any possible damage.
You haven’t repeated this very same thing nearly enough times. By all means post it another 30 times today. Within the hour.

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
I was responding to what you said: "The US needs a leader."

And I so remember your countless praise of #44. So my "knee-jerk" reaction response.

You just didn't like the response. It's okay, to be expected and I'm used to it living in NJ.
I did love Obama. Hated most of his foreign policy, but you probably already know that.

Now, back to the thread at hand . . .

BTW, I'm still waiting on that leader. Would prefer one who doesn't suggest deadly advice for the ill though.

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
Asking a question and making a statement of fact are two very different things. If somebody with no medical training asks what seems to be a stupid question, it is not a statement of fact. Trump asked what seems to be a pretty stupid question. He did not recommend injecting bleach or any other disinfecting agent into the bloodstream.

As it turns out, asking stupid questions has led to some truly remarkable scientific breakthroughs. Copernicus defied all of the established science of his time when he stuck the Sun at the center instead of the Earth. That's how modern brainstorming works. Sometimes a diverging outside opinion can get you started down the road towards an excellent solution. Trump is a businessman. He's used to tossing out obscure, barely fleshed out ideas in boardroom settings and letting the experts run with it.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:22 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I support the president, voted for him last time, and will vote for him this time. I agree with all of the bolded ^^^^^. Trump brought this criticism on himself. He needs to KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid. Give the updates on administrative policy. Hand over the rest of the briefing to his Task Force. Keep it all down to an hour or less.
I agree with you on that.

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
Quote:
Joe Biden never suggested that UV light or disinfectants injected into a body might cure a virus. What Trump said is far from a nothing burger. Or at least it was perceived that way by medical experts and disinfectant manufacturers who felt compelled to mitigate any possible damage.

I agree - bad bad choice of words and dangerous who don't understand his lingo style which is most.

I wished he did ZERO about CV!
NO DOCTORS, NO NEWS CONFERENCES, NOTHING!
Yes the MSM would've made it a big deal, but that's expected for the POTUS being POTUS (darned if he does, darned if he doesn't) and someone else not winning.

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Wrong. They came out with the warning after the media took him out of context. They are covering themselves from liability. It’s the same reason the iron tag tells you not to iron your clothes while wearing them.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:23 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Just watched today's press conference. Scientist up there confirming results of studies that ultra violet light, heat, humidity, and isolate alcohol, much faster than bleach, kills or slows down coronavirus. Trump, in his weird off the cuff Trumpy way expressed enthusiasm and asked the doctor if there was a way to incorporate this into some kind of treatment or something along these lines.. again, just asking in a brainstorming inquiring puppy like way. I thought it sounded a little silly, but I also knew what he was doing. It was obvious he was just asking questions.

I pick up my phone, again make the mistake of checking out Twitter and what headline do I see trending? "Trump suggests injecting disinfectant" gods I hate Twitter and the yes... now more than ever the press! Nothing but bullbait!

Rant over!
All that effort to put the right sort of preventative spin on things, and then Trump just completely undercuts you by pulling the old standby of "I was being sarcastic".

Old 04-24-2020, 01:23 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
No, Trump didn't suggest injecting oneself with disinfectant, lol!

Is that what you really think?

Read the transcript! He seriously thought it might be a feasible procedure. Clearly, he is thinking out loud ... again (he seems to do that a lot), but unfortunately his innermost thoughts tend to be disturbing.

Someone needs to get control of that lunatic before he hurts himself ...
Next thing you know , he might suggest injecting radioactive material into the blood stream...oh , wait

Old 04-24-2020, 01:24 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
So Maryland got 100 emergency calls asking about disinfectant use after hearing Trump. Words matter, people.
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/corona..._live_hero_hed
From the story...

Quote:
2:11 p.m.: Maryland warns residents not to ingest disinfectant after receiving more than 100 calls
Maryland sent out an emergency alert after receiving more than 100 calls on consuming disinfectant as a possible treatment to COVID-19, according to the governor's office.
Imagine getting that notification on your phone.

Is it an Amber Alert?

No.

Is it a Tornado Warning?

No.

It's the governor telling us not to ingest/inject Lysol.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies