Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 01:14 PM

3,879 posts, read 5,308,795 times

Advertisements

I am actually backing him on this one. Whether he was "joking" or not, hopefully idiots listen and this thins out the herd a bit. Those folks wont be missed.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:14 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,858,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I saw that as well. But of course the Trump hater media and their minions can't waste an opportunity to twist, embellish on and weaponize his words to bash him yet again.
Are medical experts and disinfectant companies also regarded as part of the Trump hater media? Because they're the ones who actually sounded the alarm on this. Maryland had 100 emergency calls today regarding people who were inquiring about what Trump said about disinfectants. Thank God, they called first.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Like I said, keep the lies up, it may help your election chances.

I posted the transcript. Ignore what was actually said verbatim.
I. Heard. What. He. Said. As did medical experts and disinfectant companies who felt alarmed enough to try and mitigate his stupidity. Maryland had 100 emergency calls today from people asking about using disinfectants when they heard Trump talking about it. This should alarm anybody, even his most ardent supporters.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:16 PM

6,268 posts, read 5,086,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I saw the news conference. You can read the transcript if you want. It was clearly what he said. No medical expert "brought" this idea to his mind. And it was not sarcasm. There was no reason to have a sarcastic response to the presentation which preceded him. Trump just couldn't let the presentation stand. He had to say something, even if it was just bulls**ting, and that is what came out of his unbalanced, moronic mind.[/b]

You can make a million excuses for his "mistake" but you can't blame it on anyone but Trump. And calling people who don't agree with you "low IQ, low information" will not help anything. That kind of defense only is used when there really isn't a defense. This was not a trap or manipulation by the press. As so often happens, Trump has a unique ability to hang himself by talking without thinking.
I support the president, voted for him last time, and will vote for him this time. I agree with all of the bolded ^^^^^. Trump brought this criticism on himself. He needs to KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid. Give the updates on administrative policy. Hand over the rest of the briefing to his Task Force. Keep it all down to an hour or less.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:17 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,489,578 times
No, Trump didn't suggest injecting oneself with disinfectant, lol!

Is that what you really think?

Read the transcript! He seriously thought it might be a feasible procedure. Clearly, he is thinking out loud ... again (he seems to do that a lot), but unfortunately his innermost thoughts tend to be disturbing.

Someone needs to get control of that lunatic before he hurts himself ...

Old 04-24-2020, 01:17 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,216,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Clearly you are on the wrong thread.

I was responding to what you said: "The US needs a leader."

And I so remember your countless praise of #44. So my "knee-jerk" reaction response.

You just didn't like the response. It's okay, to be expected and I'm used to it living in NJ.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:18 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,987,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
Trumps issue is not what he said, he simply asked a question. But lets face it he is the King of asking things at the wrong time. He speaks off the cuff a lot which gets him in trouble. I can imagine anyone else who was curious about something they had heard to simply ask some of the medical professionals around them before just throwing such a thing out there in the wind. The man lacks a filter of any type. Some people love him for that, others hate him but it is what it is.
It is what it is. What it is is dangerous

13,711 posts, read 9,258,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
you're desperate to get him out of office because you lost the election in 2016--so you'll tell yourself anything, I get it.

But I know it's easier to keep the lie up, hoping that it'll improve your election chances.

Anyway, here are the comments verbatim:

he clearly was told and informed that they were experimenting with a number of ways to attack the virus by his use of the word "you",they are clearly ideas from others, that were new and innovative that he was informed about which is obvious.

Like I said....it's easier to keep up the lie that he was referring to household cleaning products and that he just dreamt it up. It makes for funny memes and it reinforces this idea that Trump is as bad as they think that he is.

The only blame I place on Trump is broadcasting any type of brainstorming that may go on within meetings.

Why can't right-wingers just own it???

Just say, "Yeah, that was dumb." Then move on?!

Why this constant spin and lie to try to deflect?? This post is pure insult on people's intelligence. The only thing it successfully shows is the poster's level of "intelligence".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
If only Joe Biden’s asinine comments got a one hundredth of the attention this nothingburger is getting.
Joe Biden never suggested that UV light or disinfectants injected into a body might cure a virus. What Trump said is far from a nothing burger. Or at least it was perceived that way by medical experts and disinfectant manufacturers who felt compelled to mitigate any possible damage.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:19 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,419,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
They didn't "have" to.

No one would have thought anything about Trump's question to the doctors about possible medical treatment until the media twisted it and ran with their own TDS version to put it in the public's head.
Yeah, it's TDS.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies