Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 02:39 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I wonder is that trolling or if that is a serious question. There are a lot of trolls out there.
Maryland Corona Virus hotline is not a troll

Or did you mean trolls are calling the hotline?

Old 04-24-2020, 02:42 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
From the story...

Imagine getting that notification on your phone.

Is it an Amber Alert?

No.

Is it a Tornado Warning?

No.

It's the governor telling us not to ingest/inject Lysol.

It would be a Trumpism Alert and they should have civil defense sirens sounded too (providing my call for prayers don't get interrupted).

Old 04-24-2020, 02:42 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Trump loves to send the Dems into a frenzy. It's fun to watch these poor people twist and turn everything Trump says into more BS.....they start frothing and whimpering....works every time.
It’s so predictable from the left twisting his words in every press conference. It’s been going on for almost 4 years. The TDS has gotten stronger over the years, lol

CNN/MSNBC: “Trump said to drink a 50/50 Pine-Sol Beach mixture in his press conference to kill the virus!”

Old 04-24-2020, 02:43 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Trump loves to send the Dems into a frenzy. ...
You give him too much credit.

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Or, it could simply be the fact that your hate for Trump consumes you and everyone else in your leftist echo chamber of San Francisco.
No, because we have his full quote and I can read. There is no "taking out of context" that he think doctors should look into injectable disinfectant as a COVID-19 treatment.

My dislike of Trump is tangential to where I live or what he plainly said.

You just think that smoke and mirrors will make us ignore what he said. It won't.

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassguppy View Post
I’m about to patent a clear acrylic cylindrical device about 10 inches in length that can be placed in the anus of the Trump supporter.

Nah, no one wants or needs your used toys.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:45 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
News flash.. Trumpers will defend anything Donald says, even if what he says is plainly insane to the average rational, literate adult.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:45 PM

534 posts, read 489,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownGuy3 View Post
Watching Trumps die hard supporters cart wheel around the room trying to explain what he actually meant everytime he say something like this is becoming a national past time.

At what point do we concede that maybe, just maybe the washed up reality tv host might not understand something and is just running his mouth?

Can we concede that might at least be a possibility?
This is so true.

I have much more understanding about Trump supporters when they are honest about why they have support for Trump. When a Trump supporter can show me how they believe they personally have a better life/existence from Trump's presidency I can understand how they support him. Makes sense, because their actual real life experience is more pleasing to them. I'm sure the people who got heavy tax breaks are thrilled, and understandably so. (These people are few and far between IME).

But most Trump supporters that I've come across support him from a place of lack and fear and low self esteem, an existential crisis point, often religiously oriented. And he somehow makes them feel better about their existence, even though their actual real lives are not any better under his changes.

And it's so much easier to defend Trump's incompetency than it is to say "I'm super afraid of what Fox News and other conservative based news is telling me is happening! I'm super afraid what I want is not going to matter. I'm afraid of being left out of the conversation, and I feel like I've been left out for so long. I'm afraid of "others" getting theirs when I'm not getting mine. And I can deal without having as long as nobody else gets any, except for the rich people who deserve everything because they are so much more awesome. God just likes rich people more, they are more blessed! And Trump makes me feel like I matter! He is speaking in the voice I have never really had...for me, about me!"

I mean, how could you argue with that? It's honest, they believe it. OK. Makes sense!

Instead, they say things like "He says what he truly thinks, he's honest, and if you can't understand him, it's because he didn't really mean it like he said, and if he lies it's just to stand up to the bullies." And these people often seem to derive genuine pleasure from watching non Trump supporters be frustrated, angry. So on the emotional scale, they are heavily weighted in revenge, instead of the fear, anger, helplessness they've been feeling. Revenge feels better. "Watch the Dems heads explode! Teeheehee! Neener neneer! Their frustration is so amusing to me!"

I'm glad they're feeling better though. I am! Because better feelings can lead to greater awareness of the interconnectedness of human life and the futility in holding that back. Which will be awesome!

Old 04-24-2020, 02:48 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Trump clearly spoke of testing tremendous doses of very powerful light, administered internally, as well disinfectant administered internally.

How can Republicans continue to back this BS?

Old 04-24-2020, 02:48 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
He was asking about trying something "like that" and further said using medical doctors. So, medically approved testing of possible methods of internal disinfection.
Something like bleach or alcohol that is injected? Like what?

Not that it matters since he was only being sarcastic towards reporters and didn't really mean it anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies