Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 04:38 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Poor Mr Bryan. He gives a cogent, fact-based presentation about the use of common disinfectants and sunlight to kill the corona virus on surfaces, and delivers what is actually really good news. Everyone should listen to what Bryan said. And then Trump makes a really dumb statement that shows how little he understands what is being talked about....
It's obvious that DJT never read any labels for disinfectants ( Bleach/Lysol/Rubbing alcohol) which clearly advises NOTFOR INTERNAL USE!! As to UV rays.. HOW the hell sitting in the sun could it reach internal body location of a human being that's multiplying virus internally?? Can't.. also, it's anecdotal, warm climate Countries are still seeing active cases of Covid-19!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
What type of disinfectant can knock out coronavirus in one minute?
YEP~~ On hard surfaces ONLY!! Not for soft tissues like DJT suggested investigating effectiveness. Meanwhile.. Cult following filter OUT logic and no doubt don't read labels.. Wonder how many lawsuits will be coming charging Administration (namely DJT) for wrongful death??

Let's face it.. POTUS is the worst informed and intelligent spreader of comfort to the US Nation!! Daily, he sinks his credibility and only the avid cult members (and trolls) will follow his deadly suggestions !! Though do believe foreign folks are also filling the role of spreading DJT Cr@p0$$a to USA's destruction agendas!!

I hope and pray ALL are reading labels & be forewarned of the dangers of what EVER DJT is suggesting

Old 04-24-2020, 04:43 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
So Maryland got 100 emergency calls asking about disinfectant use after hearing Trump. Words matter, people.
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/corona..._live_hero_hed
Good God!

Old 04-24-2020, 04:45 PM

159 posts, read 54,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What does journalism have to do with Trump spewing inanities on live television?
It seems that some are misreporting what Trump said and claiming that Trump recommended the injection of disinfectant.

Old 04-24-2020, 04:51 PM

6,761 posts, read 5,058,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I am not how Trump supporters here describe their opponents. I have not been criticizing Trump for the past 3 years, I respect the presidency, I love my country, and though I did not vote for Trump, I am not a Democrat (certainly not the "libruhl commie" type that some of you think anyone who disagrees with you must be.)

But this trying to explain away and defend Trump's comments about disinfectants is beyond anything I can understand. Can you not say, "Hey, I like Trump, but that statement was a little crazy."? I'd been baffled by this all day, and then I saw this. I'm not trying to be mean, but this really is the only thing that makes sense to me. It is a cult-like brainwashing that overrides everything else.
Well said. I very, very rarely post anything on political forums. 99% of the discussion is just tribal in nature and really serves no purpose.

The defense of yesterday’s briefing is starting to scare me. Trump will not be president someday, but the roughly 40% of Americans who defend him on any point will remain. We could end up with someone even more dangerous in office in the future. Hard to imagine, but it’s certainly not out of the question.

Old 04-24-2020, 04:51 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Trump plans to cut daily coronavirus briefings

https://www.axios.com/trump-daily-co...0ad1d29b0.html

President Trump plans to pare back his coronavirus press conferences, according to four sources familiar with the internal deliberations.

He may stop appearing daily and make shorter appearances when he does, the sources said — a practice that may have started with Friday's unusually short briefing

Thank god. Finally he got the message. maybe ivanka finally got through to trump that he was making a fool and pest of himself!
Aww man....I looked forward to my daily "sarcastic" ramblings by a demented old man while the country suffers through this pandemic.

Old 04-24-2020, 04:54 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
dis·in·fect·ant
/ˌdisənˈfektənt/

noun
a chemical liquid that destroys bacteria.
Clearly, you are neither in the medical nor biological fields.

There's a very distinct difference between an anti-biotic and a household disinfectant.

You might want to bone up on it. Knowing the difference could save your life.

Last edited by jacqueg; 04-24-2020 at 05:57 PM..

Old 04-24-2020, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
What type of disinfectant can knock out coronavirus in one minute?
Rubbing alcohol will kill it that quickly on surfaces. You know, surfaces like table tops and car steering wheels.

Not lung surfaces. That wasn't tested. (And probably won't be. Unless Trump endows his own research lab and tries it out.)

Old 04-24-2020, 05:00 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Just watched today's press conference. Scientist up there confirming results of studies that ultra violet light, heat, humidity, and isolate alcohol, much faster than bleach, kills or slows down coronavirus. Trump, in his weird off the cuff Trumpy way expressed enthusiasm and asked the doctor if there was a way to incorporate this into some kind of treatment or something along these lines.. again, just asking in a brainstorming inquiring puppy like way. I thought it sounded a little silly, but I also knew what he was doing. It was obvious he was just asking questions.

I pick up my phone, again make the mistake of checking out Twitter and what headline do I see trending? "Trump suggests injecting disinfectant" gods I hate Twitter and the yes... now more than ever the press! Nothing but bullbait!

Rant over!
It is amazing what the media is doing to really EVERYONE! They just can't be held responsible. I also listened to Trump and he was asking questions. I don't know how we can go from asking questions to him claiming something?

Here is a prime example of what the news is doing. I chose BBC because some people think it is some balanced news, but it certainly isn't!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52399464

Claim 1

"I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs."

Notice how Trump says, "...is there a way..." How is that a claim? Are people in the media so dumb and underpaid that they don't recognize a simple question? WOW!

Claim 2

"I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you're going to test that too... So, we'll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute - that's pretty powerful."

He again is asking a question by saying, "supposing you brought the light...blah, blah, blah."

Even the makers of Lysol need to come on and tell morons not to inject themselves because of Trump's claim? Seriously? The media needs to be held responsible for this crap! I just can't get over it.

This is getting ridiculous. What is wrong with people and the media? You better start just listening to the source ONLY! Stop letting sources put their spin on things. Oddly, Youtube is probably your best news source as you can find the actual discussion. Sad. BBC is a joke just like all the others. There are no news outlets reliable. Not one.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:01 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDawg View Post
It seems that some are misreporting what Trump said and claiming that Trump recommended the injection of disinfectant.
He did. We saw his entire statement. Tell me what else it said if not that.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
It is amazing what the media is doing to really EVERYONE! They just can't be held responsible. I also listened to Trump and he was asking questions. I don't know how we can go from asking questions to him claiming something?

Here is a prime example of what the news is doing. I chose BBC because some people think it is some balanced news, but it certainly isn't!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52399464

Claim 1

"I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs."

Notice how Trump says, "...is there a way..." How is that a claim? Are people in the media so dumb and underpaid that they don't recognize a simple question? WOW!

Claim 2

"I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you're going to test that too... So, we'll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute - that's pretty powerful."

He again is asking a question by saying, "supposing you brought the light...blah, blah, blah."

Even the makers of Lysol need to come on and tell morons not to inject themselves because of Trump's claim? Seriously? The media needs to be held responsible for this crap! I just can't get over it.

This is getting ridiculous. What is wrong with people and the media? You better start just listening to the source ONLY! Stop letting sources put their spin on things. Oddly, Youtube is probably your best news source as you can find the actual discussion. Sad. BBC is a joke just like all the others. There are no news outlets reliable. Not one.
I do. But I ignore Trump's interpretation of what the source says. Because his interpretation is rarely even in the ballpark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies