Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 03:12 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Why can't right-wingers just own it???

Just say, "Yeah, that was dumb." Then move on?!

Why this constant spin and lie to try to deflect?? This post is pure insult on people's intelligence. The only thing it successfully shows is the poster's level of "intelligence".

Yes it was dumb.

Now the question is......

Can you move on?

Old 04-24-2020, 03:13 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB12inTB2020 View Post
I have YouTubed just about every source to find Trump stating he thinks people should start drinking bleach. I cannot find anything like that. Can anyone supply an unaltered video clip of him suggesting people should start drinking bleach? I need to see this first hand, as media sources are claiming he said to do just that. Thank you in advance.
That is because he didn't. He did say that we should look into injecting ourselves with disinfectants.

Old 04-24-2020, 03:13 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
(from wikipedia)
Now you're talking.

Old 04-24-2020, 03:14 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
I have YouTubed just about every source to find Trump stating he thinks people should start drinking bleach. I cannot find anything like that. Can anyone supply an unaltered video clip of him suggesting people should start drinking bleach? I need to see this first hand, as media sources are claiming he said to do just that. Thank you in advance.
He didn't mention drinking anything, he did suggest that we look into injecting disinfectants.

Old 04-24-2020, 03:15 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Trump: "Then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute. Is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside?"

Birx: (to herself) OH MY GAAAWD!"

Old 04-24-2020, 03:16 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Apparently it was enough of a suggestion so that the manufacturers felt obliged to issues statements not to ingest/inject their products.

No one is twisting that and when are you Trump apologists going to hold him to the same standard you all held Obama to ?
I didn’t vote for Obama yet I don’t believe he went around spouting stupid crap like Trump.

Old 04-24-2020, 03:17 PM

12,477 posts, read 9,560,412 times
Quote:
Trump said to Dr Birks on camera [after ranting about using a tremendously powerful UV light on and in people] "...And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute, and is there a way we can do something like that, by injecting inside, or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs so it'd be interesting to check that, so you're going to have to use medical doctors right, but it sounds interesting to me..."

Sounds like he wants disinfectants either injected into patients, or he wants their lungs scrubbed out with a disinfectant soaked brush, like you might clean a toilet. Either of those practices would be fatal.

Old 04-24-2020, 03:19 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Trump was well aware what the gotcha press was up to. Thats why he called the guy fake news.

Shame, shame shame on the gotcha press for Trumping up fake quotes!

Old 04-24-2020, 03:20 PM

6,473 posts, read 6,684,366 times
I am not how Trump supporters here describe their opponents. I have not been criticizing Trump for the past 3 years, I respect the presidency, I love my country, and though I did not vote for Trump, I am not a Democrat (certainly not the "libruhl commie" type that some of you think anyone who disagrees with you must be.)

But this trying to explain away and defend Trump's comments about disinfectants is beyond anything I can understand. Can you not say, "Hey, I like Trump, but that statement was a little crazy."? I'd been baffled by this all day, and then I saw this. I'm not trying to be mean, but this really is the only thing that makes sense to me. It is a cult-like brainwashing that overrides everything else.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-24-2020, 03:20 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,539,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
>51,000 but apparently no one in charge is really counting
That's what I get for trusting the first Googled site on the innernet. Kind of reminds me of the famous Stalin quote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies