Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 03:34 PM

79,039 posts, read 61,188,198 times

Advertisements

I haven't seen such a horrible story since the great covfefe crisis. Millions died. The horror.

Old 04-24-2020, 03:36 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,858,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Lol one of the brain trust cowards that post here left me a rep saying I need to come back and apologize after there are hundreds in the hospital for doing what Trump said.

Earlier in the thread I asked people having a brain aneurysm over this how many hundreds or thousands they thought would do this and I'll have to go back and see if anyone actually answered or if they just crawled back under their rock and left me a rep.

Seriously, if you don't have the conviction to openly state what you think and stand by it....well then you remind me a whole lot of a certain president.

P.S. I'd say go jump off a cliff but since it's Literal Friday, I'm afraid of all the posters here that could maim or kill.
One more death causes by Trump's stupidity will be one too many. A man died and his wife was critical and may have died in Arizona for drinking koi fish chloroquine.

When Lysol and the CDC have to post announcements that you should not inject disinfectant they have a reason to do it, there are people out there, believe it or not, who are dumber than Trump is.

Old 04-24-2020, 03:37 PM

9,700 posts, read 5,135,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB12inTB2020 View Post
I have YouTubed just about every source to find Trump stating he thinks people should start drinking bleach. I cannot find anything like that. Can anyone supply an unaltered video clip of him suggesting people should start drinking bleach? I need to see this first hand, as media sources are claiming he said to do just that. Thank you in advance.
Lol... So that means you watched umpteen videos where you heard Trump ask about injecting disinfectant, and that somehow sounded normal to you? Lol

Old 04-24-2020, 03:38 PM

18,482 posts, read 7,145,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You don't think that during a pandemic, the PResident of the USA suggesting to doctors that they look into injecting disinfectant might be a cure is not some indication that this man is off his rocker?

That's some scary stuff.

If you think that he literally meant Lysol as opposed to something that acts to kill the virus in a similar way, then there is no discussion to be had with you.

dis·in·fect·ant
/ˌdisənˈfektənt/

noun
a chemical liquid that destroys bacteria.

Under that definition, an injected antibiotic could be called or at least thought of as a "disinfectant".

Asking if something similar could be done by injection doesn't amount to telling people to shoot up with Lysol.

Old 04-24-2020, 03:42 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,845,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Now this I agree with.

But that's Trump.........

You'd think that the Left and the Media would be used to it by now and quit doing the chicken little dance every time Trump says or tweets something.
Sorry, I'll never get used to having an ignoramus for a president. ANY cleaning lady with an 8th grade education could tell you what's wrong with what he said.

12,016 posts, read 12,858,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
If you think that he literally meant Lysol as opposed to something that acts to kill the virus in a similar way, then there is no discussion to be had with you.

dis·in·fect·ant
/ˌdisənˈfektənt/

noun

Under that definition, an injected antibiotic could be called or at least thought of as a "disinfectant".

Asking if something similar could be done by injection doesn't amount to telling people to shoot up with Lysol.
Here is the problem. The coronavirus is not bacteria it is a virus. Antibiotics do not kill viruses they kill bacteria infections. Soap and water can kill a virus on a surface.

18,482 posts, read 7,145,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
There is no such thing as a "medical disinfectant" that should come into contact with a humans body. Disinfectants are registered with the EPA as pesticides just like rat poison.

dis·in·fect·ant
/ˌdisənˈfektənt/

noun

Old 04-24-2020, 03:43 PM

4,444 posts, read 1,459,195 times
When you take antibiotics to fight an infection, are you not, in fact, disinfecting yourself?

Clearly, Trump is not talking about injecting yourself with Lysol. It's so disingenuous and petty. He's trying to articulate a question about cleaning the virus out of your system, but he's not an articulate speaker, so he didn't do a good job of presenting that thought. But is he advocating injecting actual disinfectant or bleach? absolutely not.

79,039 posts, read 61,188,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The one guy who died when Trump talked about hydroxychloroquine ingested aquarium cleaner. Trump really needs to **** and let the experts speak. His words could have been better? You guys are something else. You really are.
Well then, what is your prediction from all the people rushing to ingest lysol?

You sure talk big along with several other posters here that I have asked point blank to predict a death\injury toll (noting there are always a tiny amount doing stupid stuff with household cleaners, sealants etc.)

So, how many hundred?

I guess I shouldn't expect much from "you guys". "You guys" don't even have the guts to sign a rep, let alone stand up and say it on a forum. That it's an anonymous forum making it all the more pathetic.

Trump clearly says some really goofy stuff and then predictably lies about saying it, on that no disagreement here.

However, blind partisans with low IQ's or extreme dishonesty really think this is going to create a crisis.

Covfefe. Just a bunch of covfefe.

7,519 posts, read 2,828,172 times
Sometimes I wish the booby would stop the off the cuff crap. This is one of those times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies