Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 11:41 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Seriously? One is the representative of a political party; the other is a shock jock.

You do know that Howard Stern supported Trump in 2016, right?
Who is also the President of the United States and is supposed to be representing all Americans, not just his base.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
President Trump is affiliated with the Republican Party since 2012. At the time it seems Howard and Donald were friends, Donald Trump was affiliated with the Democrat Party.

Probably why Stern can't stand him anymore. That and when President Trump won the 2016 election, Stern may have been hoping his "old buddy from the show from years ago" would hook him up with some type of "benefits", even maybe something that could earn Stern some money, say like a job or position? At this point we'll never really know for sure.

Just from 2005-2015, his two SiriusXM contracts totaled $900 million, and he signed another five year contract after that that added to that. He's had one divorce, but that happened four years before his 2005 contract. Stern doesn't need anything from anyone......except his wife Beth .

Old 04-29-2020, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Yeah, you're right. Although Stern believes he supported Trump by bringing him on his show and letting him open up.

Ref.: https://www.newsweek.com/howard-ster...linton-1423667
Jimmy Fallon also caught flack because some people thought that asking Trump if he could run his hand through Trump's hair, and then Trump letting him, humanized Trump.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Can you quote the director saying something about injecting it?

Trump is the only person talking about injecting bleach, while the others look like they want to run out of the room.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Is this where we say "he was just being sarcastic. Look at how he has all the Trumpers chasing their own tails! He's a stable genius!"
LOL.

This thread is killing me.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:43 AM

16,097 posts, read 10,762,339 times
When Stern suggests it they call it vile but when Trump says it they call it only sarcasm. Typical Trump a**kissers. If only half of the Trumpers drink bleach and the other half inject it we could call it a research project and move medical knowledge forward based on the outcomes.

Last edited by SunGrins; 04-29-2020 at 01:15 AM..

Old 04-29-2020, 01:18 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Just so you know, I am not a Trumper but I am a human being and tend to like most humans whether they're republican or democrat. For Stern to say something like shows that he's still just as disgusting as he's always been. It's a shame because there are even commenters here who tend to think like Stern which is also shameful.
I don’t disagree that Stern says distasteful things; that's after all how he's always operated. I just think it’s even worse when our President does it regularly and no one reacts this way.

Old 04-29-2020, 01:30 AM

19,222 posts, read 16,710,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I don’t disagree that Stern says distasteful things; that's after all how he's always operated. I just think it’s even worse when our President does it regularly and no one reacts this way.
I do. Except I'm not usually hanging out in the POC section of CD. I'm rarely this vocal in this section of the site. It must be the isolation and feeling of confinement right now that has be poking around here.

I strongly dislike Trump's antics. I read about his bizarre tweets (I don't have twitter acct so I don't know) from news articles. He says the most insulting things about other people. Calls them names, even! Honestly, I've never witnessed anyone who holds the highest position in our country talk that way about other people. He doesn't even try to be diplomatic about it. What makes it worse is that supporters applaud him for doing it. I guess I come from a time where you could not be fond of someone but you didn't insult them or call them ugly names. We still tried to maintain some class and dignity. Most shocking is that the cheerleader for this type of behavior is coming from the POTUS.

Old 04-29-2020, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I do. Except I'm not usually hanging out in the POC section of CD. I'm rarely this vocal in this section of the site. It must be the isolation and feeling of confinement right now that has be poking around here.

I strongly dislike Trump's antics.I read about his bizarre tweets (I don't have twitter acct so I don't know) from news articles. He says the most insulting things about other people. Calls them names, even! Honestly, I've never witnessed anyone who holds the highest position in our country talk that way about other people. He doesn't even try to be diplomatic about it. What makes it worse is that supporters applaud him for doing it. I guess I come from a time where you could not be fond of someone but you didn't insult them or call them ugly names. We still tried to maintain some class and dignity. Most shocking is that the cheerleader for this type of behavior is coming from the POTUS.
You don't have to have a Twitter account to read his Tweets....just a device, an internet browser, and an internet connection (same as for City Data).

Just type twitter.com/realdonaldtrump into a search engine, click on that page when it comes up, and read away .

Old 04-29-2020, 02:56 AM

13,429 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
So Stern was talking about something other than genitals and breasts? Nice to know that he is extending his range.
Huh, funny I seem to remember a time Trump was on Stern - discussing his own daughter’s breasts.

Stern is actually off stage a really nice and surprisingly humble person (I worked with him directly in the Private Parts movie).

His job is to entertain and he has a persona that’s done very well for him over the years. He’s an entertainer. Just like his good friend, Trump.

If you don’t like Stern, what does that say about Trump, who never missed an opportunity to hang out with Stern on air and participate in the vulgarity of his act?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies