Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 11:10 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,651,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
So, in your referenced story, exactly what experiment were they conducting? it is a medical spa, not a medical research hospital/institute. They were falsely advertising Vitamin C can cure, yet there are no facts to back this up, essentially, they were peddling snake oil.
They got it from our government as a treatment.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7137406/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 11:11 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
So you believe everything that you're told about Covid-19?

Nah, I don't believe the nonsense Dr. Donny trying to pass off as fact.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:11 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
That brings up another thing that seems contradictory......

We're told how durable this virus is and how long it can live on surfaces such as plastic or paper....

But why would it not be able to live just as long on these substrates like plastic when they are used for food packaging?
I guess you do not realize when they are talking the potential? They do this with all viruses. HIV for example, spread through sex, yet it is not a 100% guarantee someone will catch HIV having unprotected sex with an infected person.

When they say something like "it can stay on plastic for 72 hours", that usually refers to under optimal conditions, the maximum potential. It is a bell curve, with a low, high, and average, average would be under average conditions for a given environment.

Virus durability depends on the virus and its environment, things like temperature, moisture, chemicals, etc, all play into this. Steel may be a better environment than cardboard for example, dry better than humid, etc. Even the human body, the face area, because thin membranes, allow for a higher probability of catching the virus than your arm or feet.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:12 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,029,717 times
I don't believe everything, only that from reliable sources of established doctors that makes sense.

Some of the information that was given out was found to be inaccurate as they learned more about the virus.

Things are changing everyday so I watch the briefings from the white House, NY & NJ coalition of neighboring states mostly. I look into what is happening in California's coalition with neighboring States.

CNN, FOX, BBC, Al Jazeera and local news are my go to sources, and what is going on around me. Each state is going to have a different experience of what is happening around them, I try to be mindful of that.

The Virus threat is real, misinformation is sometimes real so it is up to the individual to decipher the truth. Watch everything.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/healt...day/index.html

Last edited by OpinionExperience; 04-29-2020 at 11:27 AM..

Old 04-29-2020, 11:13 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
They got it from our government as a treatment.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7137406/
Lol, you just linked to a clinical trial. In now way does that state it is an approved treatment.

You seriously read and did not even comprehend that?

Old 04-29-2020, 11:17 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,651,065 times
Quote:
Lol, you just linked to a clinical trial. In now way does that state it is an approved treatment.

You seriously read and did not even comprehend that?
Are you this obtusely dense? EVERYTHING right now is a trial.

That's what happens with novel viruses. You're pretending like there's one way to treat this and we have a cure when there isn't. CDC just came out with 3 more symptoms of the virus literally this week.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:19 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
It was put out first that this is a new virus, hence the term "novel", and that as they study it and as findings comes in, what we know about it will change.

Sort of like how could all of our military leaders completely miss the upcoming insurgency that happened in Iraq after Saddam was toppled. I mean these are suppose to be the most experienced, well educated military leaders in the world, yet totally missed all the indicators for the insurgency brewing. But as facts came in, the leader adjusted tactics to combat the insurgency.

The actions taken are working, but as predicted, if they worked, people will be calling the whole thing BS, if they did not work, they would be calling the experts BS, a no win for experts making their recommendations.

Ok.....see if you can look at the math and understand what I'm getting at:

As of today there are just over 1 million confirmed cases in the US.

If those 1 million represent only 20% of the total cases (because as we're told, 80% are asymptomatic or mild symptoms and are probably therefore undiagnosed and unconfirmed).

That would mean the other 80% represent 4 million people out there who have it and are contagious......

Given that probably half of these people probably work in essential jobs......

That means there's at least 2 million contagious people out and about in society every day......

Working at the grocery store.

Or the drive through.

At the factories...

Or at the jiffy lube.....etc.

So why aren't way more of us all sick or dead by now?

Even the most ardent of the stay at home population have to come out for groceries once and a while.......

Old 04-29-2020, 11:24 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
I guess you do not realize when they are talking the potential? They do this with all viruses. HIV for example, spread through sex, yet it is not a 100% guarantee someone will catch HIV having unprotected sex with an infected person.

When they say something like "it can stay on plastic for 72 hours", that usually refers to under optimal conditions, the maximum potential. It is a bell curve, with a low, high, and average, average would be under average conditions for a given environment.

Virus durability depends on the virus and its environment, things like temperature, moisture, chemicals, etc, all play into this. Steel may be a better environment than cardboard for example, dry better than humid, etc. Even the human body, the face area, because thin membranes, allow for a higher probability of catching the virus than your arm or feet.

I understand that.

It just seems contradictory when they say it can live "X" amount of time on plastic but then say you won't get it from food packaging....... much of which is.....made of plastic.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:27 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
I read news from around the world- UK Israel Central/ South America etc.I want to see what all the Drs are saying from all over, and then determine where they all agree. I follow that

Old 04-29-2020, 11:31 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I'm not a virus denier......

But there are some things that we're being told that really don't seem to make sense or even seem contradictory when you actually stop and think about them.

For instance, we're told that 80% of people who contacted the virus are asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms and that they are still contagious in that condition and can spread the virus to others .......

Now, considering that about half the workforce is still out there working in essential jobs, would you not think that there would be millions of these asymptomatic people spreading the virus at places like the grocery store, Lowe's, and other service related jobs that require interactions with the public and other employees?

Why is it all these asymptomatic carriers can be out there and we're still not seeing the numbers of infected that were predicted?
It's a virus.

It's not a migratory bird like the African Swallow.

It doesn't fly around the US infecting people.

Each carrier of COVID-19 who was allowed by Political Correctness to enter the US and infect other people started a chain.

Perhaps a tree is a better analogy.

The disease carrier is the trunk of the tree and the branches of the tree are where the disease spread when the disease carrier came into contact with other people, and those people spread it to others who spread it to others continuum ad nauseum.

The leaves on the tree represents where the chain stopped, because that person was not in contact with other people to spread it to them at the time they were carrying the disease.

The Göbbels worshipers scream, "South Dakota!"

I live in a county that has more freaking people than the entire State.

There's a whole 833,000 people in South Dakota.

How many of them travel overseas on a weekly or monthly basis?

I would venture to guess exactly Zero.

More likely, someone in South Dakota or maybe a whole two people in South Dakota traveled to Seattle or New York City on business and picked up the virus there and brought it back.

See, in order to be infected, you have to be part of the chain, meaning you have to be connected in some way to the tree trunk -- the disease carrier.

No connection, no infection.

Now, let's address your other error, which is how your immune system works.

A quarter is $0.25 or 25 pennies.

When you are exposed to any bacteria or any virus, you and every American does not get $0.25 worth of bacteria or virus.

Some people only get $0.01 worth of virus or bacteria, while other people get $10,000 worth of virus or bacteria.

Yes, I'm sure Liberals will complain bitterly about Virus Inequality and how we have to level the playing field to ensure everyone gets an equal amount of virus or bacteria all the time.

I mention that because it has a direct bearing on how your body responds.

If you only get 12 COVID-19 virus in your lungs, your immune system -- which is Politically Incorrect because it's xenophobic and doesn't like foreign things -- will move to suppress it.

But not immediately. Virus are great soldiers, because they're most excellent at escaping, evading and camouflaging. They will put on a Joe Biden mask and tell your lungs cells, "Hey, replicate me!"

It will be some time before their numbers are large enough to where they can't hide and then you will attack them. You will probably win the battle, and the evidence of that battle is antibodies.

But, some people aren't so lucky. Instead of a squad of COVID-19 virus, they get a whole airborne infantry division of COVID-19 virus parachute into their lungs and if you can't beat them off, you become symptomatic.

If they call in air support, you'll end up in hospital and if they go nuclear, you'll end up dead.

You're probably exposed to 229E, on of the of the five virus and one of the four corona virus that cause the common cold, 6-12 times every year. Maybe even more frequently, but you probably win those battles because you're not overwhelmed with large numbers of 229E. When you are overwhelmed, that's when you get cold.

So, asymptomatic carriers is nothing unusual.

Someone sneezes and another person walks through their space 2 second later and picks up 10,000 COVID-19 virus and then you walk through the same space 30 seconds later and the virus has sufficiently dispersed in the air so that you only get a dozen COVID-19 virus.

You probably won't become symptomatic. The other person may or may not become symptomatic depending on how well their immune system fights it off, but both of you are now carriers for the next 3-14 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies