Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 11:41 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Are you this obtusely dense? EVERYTHING right now is a trial.

That's what happens with novel viruses. You're pretending like there's one way to treat this and we have a cure when there isn't. CDC just came out with 3 more symptoms of the virus literally this week.
You just stated they got it from the government, the treatment. That is false, the link you provided stated it is in clinical trials, and it is not an approved treatment for the virus. None of what you just posted refutes this.

The medical spa was falsely peddling this as treatment, which it is not.

I did not at one time state there was only one way to treat this and we have a cure, please show me where I said this.

You however, seem to not understand the difference between approvals and clinical trials, and not understand what false advertising is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 11:45 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It's a virus.

It's not a migratory bird like the African Swallow.

It doesn't fly around the US infecting people.

Each carrier of COVID-19 who was allowed by Political Correctness to enter the US and infect other people started a chain.

Perhaps a tree is a better analogy.

The disease carrier is the trunk of the tree and the branches of the tree are where the disease spread when the disease carrier came into contact with other people, and those people spread it to others who spread it to others continuum ad nauseum.

The leaves on the tree represents where the chain stopped, because that person was not in contact with other people to spread it to them at the time they were carrying the disease.

The Göbbels worshipers scream, "South Dakota!"

I live in a county that has more freaking people than the entire State.

There's a whole 833,000 people in South Dakota.

How many of them travel overseas on a weekly or monthly basis?

I would venture to guess exactly Zero.

More likely, someone in South Dakota or maybe a whole two people in South Dakota traveled to Seattle or New York City on business and picked up the virus there and brought it back.

See, in order to be infected, you have to be part of the chain, meaning you have to be connected in some way to the tree trunk -- the disease carrier.

No connection, no infection.

Now, let's address your other error, which is how your immune system works.

A quarter is $0.25 or 25 pennies.

When you are exposed to any bacteria or any virus, you and every American does not get $0.25 worth of bacteria or virus.

Some people only get $0.01 worth of virus or bacteria, while other people get $10,000 worth of virus or bacteria.

Yes, I'm sure Liberals will complain bitterly about Virus Inequality and how we have to level the playing field to ensure everyone gets an equal amount of virus or bacteria all the time.

I mention that because it has a direct bearing on how your body responds.

If you only get 12 COVID-19 virus in your lungs, your immune system -- which is Politically Incorrect because it's xenophobic and doesn't like foreign things -- will move to suppress it.

But not immediately. Virus are great soldiers, because they're most excellent at escaping, evading and camouflaging. They will put on a Joe Biden mask and tell your lungs cells, "Hey, replicate me!"

It will be some time before their numbers are large enough to where they can't hide and then you will attack them. You will probably win the battle, and the evidence of that battle is antibodies.

But, some people aren't so lucky. Instead of a squad of COVID-19 virus, they get a whole airborne infantry division of COVID-19 virus parachute into their lungs and if you can't beat them off, you become symptomatic.

If they call in air support, you'll end up in hospital and if they go nuclear, you'll end up dead.

You're probably exposed to 229E, on of the of the five virus and one of the four corona virus that cause the common cold, 6-12 times every year. Maybe even more frequently, but you probably win those battles because you're not overwhelmed with large numbers of 229E. When you are overwhelmed, that's when you get cold.

So, asymptomatic carriers is nothing unusual.

Someone sneezes and another person walks through their space 2 second later and picks up 10,000 COVID-19 virus and then you walk through the same space 30 seconds later and the virus has sufficiently dispersed in the air so that you only get a dozen COVID-19 virus.

You probably won't become symptomatic. The other person may or may not become symptomatic depending on how well their immune system fights it off, but both of you are now carriers for the next 3-14 days.

Very good post-... You can put it in 3rd grade ABC's easy read-and they still wont accept it.
I am however, looking more as to who can be infected and who wont, besides the age and comorbidity issues already there. I have my issues at 67-but catching a COLD or the yearly FLU so far just doesn't apply. Had the flu once, maybe 2x that I can remember. Some say blood types matter? I just wonder.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:46 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,550,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its common sense that our govt does not tell the public EVERYTHING...there are some details and information they 'withhold', for a number of reason.

Mainly its done to avoid mass panic, to keep the public compliant and under control.

Sometimes the public is better off NOT knowing some of the details.

???

I see plenty of people NOT avoiding mass panic. I see them eating mass panic for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Avoid mass panic.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:48 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,651,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
You just stated they got it from the government, the treatment. That is false, the link you provided stated it is in clinical trials, and it is not an approved treatment for the virus. None of what you just posted refutes this.

The medical spa was falsely peddling this as treatment, which it is not.

I did not at one time state there was only one way to treat this and we have a cure, please show me where I said this.

You however, seem to not understand the difference between approvals and clinical trials, and not understand what false advertising is.
It's a clinical trial that the government published on one of their sites. What is hard to understand about that?

Nowhere did i ever say it was approved for anything. I simply posted the link to the article. Then you made some insane comments that had nothing to do with what I posted.

Please go back to school and learn what reading comprehension is. That or you were dropped on your head as a child. Because you seem to have an inability to read something in your face.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:51 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,297,747 times
I try to keep an open mind when I can. There are conflicting studies out there about just how many people have been found to have antibodies. My life hasn't been affected much as I'm fairly introverted. There are some things I see as a positive.. less needless consumption, lower carbon footprint... it's possible this virus won't be nearly as deadly as they suggest which would of course be a good thing. We need more random antibody testing done.

https://www.google.com/search?q=more...vid+antibodies

Last edited by sholomar; 04-29-2020 at 11:59 AM..

Old 04-29-2020, 11:59 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times
Quote:
It's a clinical trial that the government published on one of their sites. What is hard to understand about that?

Nowhere did i ever say it was approved for anything. I simply posted the link to the article. Then you made some insane comments that had nothing to do with what I posted.

Please go back to school and learn what reading comprehension is. That or you were dropped on your head as a child. Because you seem to have an inability to read something in your face.
No, you made a comment about now they are busting clinics for doing their own treatment, and wondering why there is only one avenue, a vaccine, allowed. I read the story you linked and the story stated they were promoting vitamin C as a treatment for the virus, which it is not, so they were falsely peddling this.

You then came and said they got that from "the government as a treatment", then linked a site to back your claim. However, the site you linked clearly states it was in clinical trials, thus not an approved treatment.

Now you are trying to back peddling your absurd claim, instead of just admitting you were wrong, and indeed the medical spa was busted for not what you claimed, but for misleading consumers.

Here is the entire thread chain;

Quote:
The biggest issue I'm having with all of this is how their only treatments to this seems to be ventilators, and a vaccine. If anyone else experiments with any other treatment, it's shunned and banned. I've never seen anything like this before. It's a novel virus, meaning, it's new. So there's not much data on it yet.

I mean, the FBI raided a doctor for treating patients with Vitamin C. Like WTF?

https://www.9and10news.com/2020/04/2...ith-vitamin-c/

But yet, they keep pushing the only solution is a vaccine...even though a vaccine has never been successful for a coronavirus before.
Quote:
So, in your referenced story, exactly what experiment were they conducting? it is a medical spa, not a medical research hospital/institute. They were falsely advertising Vitamin C can cure, yet there are no facts to back this up, essentially, they were peddling snake oil.
Quote:
They got it from our government as a treatment.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7137406/
Quote:
Lol, you just linked to a clinical trial. In now way does that state it is an approved treatment.

You seriously read and did not even comprehend that?

Old 04-29-2020, 12:00 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,420,277 times
I believe the fatality rate is between 0.3 to 0.8 percent based on the current data.

That makes it more deadly than the flu.

I also believe the fact that it is more contagious than flu.

Those two things make it more dangerous.

However I also believe a long term lockdown is no longer tenable and we need a cohesive strategy to start reopening safely but soon.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:01 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
In the meantime two points for consideration:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...5UY?li=AAggNb9:

Under-reported and started at least three weeks earlier than first reported case.

http://https://www.straitstimes.com/...ospitals-study

And perhaps it cannot fly around the neighbourhood but it can "hang" and move with air currents for a couple of hours. Someone without a masking, walking in front of you coughs, and you while observing distancing walks through the aerosols he's left behind - tough nooogies; you got it now.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:05 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It's a virus.

It's not a migratory bird like the African Swallow.

It doesn't fly around the US infecting people.

Each carrier of COVID-19 who was allowed by Political Correctness to enter the US and infect other people started a chain.

Perhaps a tree is a better analogy.

The disease carrier is the trunk of the tree and the branches of the tree are where the disease spread when the disease carrier came into contact with other people, and those people spread it to others who spread it to others continuum ad nauseum.

The leaves on the tree represents where the chain stopped, because that person was not in contact with other people to spread it to them at the time they were carrying the disease.

The Göbbels worshipers scream, "South Dakota!"

I live in a county that has more freaking people than the entire State.

There's a whole 833,000 people in South Dakota.

How many of them travel overseas on a weekly or monthly basis?

I would venture to guess exactly Zero.

More likely, someone in South Dakota or maybe a whole two people in South Dakota traveled to Seattle or New York City on business and picked up the virus there and brought it back.

See, in order to be infected, you have to be part of the chain, meaning you have to be connected in some way to the tree trunk -- the disease carrier.

No connection, no infection.

Now, let's address your other error, which is how your immune system works.

A quarter is $0.25 or 25 pennies.

When you are exposed to any bacteria or any virus, you and every American does not get $0.25 worth of bacteria or virus.

Some people only get $0.01 worth of virus or bacteria, while other people get $10,000 worth of virus or bacteria.

Yes, I'm sure Liberals will complain bitterly about Virus Inequality and how we have to level the playing field to ensure everyone gets an equal amount of virus or bacteria all the time.

I mention that because it has a direct bearing on how your body responds.

If you only get 12 COVID-19 virus in your lungs, your immune system -- which is Politically Incorrect because it's xenophobic and doesn't like foreign things -- will move to suppress it.

But not immediately. Virus are great soldiers, because they're most excellent at escaping, evading and camouflaging. They will put on a Joe Biden mask and tell your lungs cells, "Hey, replicate me!"

It will be some time before their numbers are large enough to where they can't hide and then you will attack them. You will probably win the battle, and the evidence of that battle is antibodies.

But, some people aren't so lucky. Instead of a squad of COVID-19 virus, they get a whole airborne infantry division of COVID-19 virus parachute into their lungs and if you can't beat them off, you become symptomatic.

If they call in air support, you'll end up in hospital and if they go nuclear, you'll end up dead.

You're probably exposed to 229E, on of the of the five virus and one of the four corona virus that cause the common cold, 6-12 times every year. Maybe even more frequently, but you probably win those battles because you're not overwhelmed with large numbers of 229E. When you are overwhelmed, that's when you get cold.

So, asymptomatic carriers is nothing unusual.

Someone sneezes and another person walks through their space 2 second later and picks up 10,000 COVID-19 virus and then you walk through the same space 30 seconds later and the virus has sufficiently dispersed in the air so that you only get a dozen COVID-19 virus.

You probably won't become symptomatic. The other person may or may not become symptomatic depending on how well their immune system fights it off, but both of you are now carriers for the next 3-14 days.

Most of that makes perfect sense.

However......

That's not how its being portrayed in the information that's given out.

And that's what this thread is about.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:11 PM

13,652 posts, read 20,788,575 times
So you believe everything that you're told about Covid-19?

I think this is a brand new virus, not even a year old. As such, not a lot is yet known.

You couple that with today's news media as well as social media, and you have have all the requirements for information overload and hysteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies