Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 10:33 AM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I'm not a virus denier......

But there are some things that we're being told that really don't seem to make sense or even seem contradictory when you actually stop and think about them.

For instance, we're told that 80% of people who contacted the virus are asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms and that they are still contagious in that condition and can spread the virus to others .......

Now, considering that about half the workforce is still out there working in essential jobs, would you not think that there would be millions of these asymptomatic people spreading the virus at places like the grocery store, Lowe's, and other service related jobs that require interactions with the public and other employees?

Why is it all these asymptomatic carriers can be out there and we're still not seeing the numbers of infected that were predicted?

I'm sure there are a myriad of other things that make people go hmmmmmm.......

Edit:

Mods, please edit the thread title, it was supposed to be "Do you" not "So you".

Here FatBob - I am following this doctor since January, before anyone was paying attention to the unfolding events somewhere in China here in the US.
This is his latest video.

Listen closely what he has to say about this virus.
The reason why we don't understand much about it, is precisely because it's a "novel" virus.
We are in uncharted territory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJVXwzF93Qc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 10:34 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
https://twitter.com/wusa9/status/125...350258689?s=20

Another example of "WTF" from the media.

Old 04-29-2020, 10:45 AM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
https://twitter.com/wusa9/status/125...350258689?s=20

Another example of "WTF" from the media.

What else are they suppose to say, now that they've discovered that sick owners can pass this virus to their pets?

What else they can advise but "social distancing" with pets?

Of course it sounds silly, but what's the solution?

(It looks so far that animals have it in a much milder version, when infected.)

Old 04-29-2020, 10:48 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
I only believe what Jared and Ivanka tell me. Honestly, I sleep much better at night knowing those two are at the helm. The depth of their scientific and medical knowledge is incalculable.

What exactly have those two been telling you?

Old 04-29-2020, 10:51 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
The biggest issue I'm having with all of this is how their only treatments to this seems to be ventilators, and a vaccine. If anyone else experiments with any other treatment, it's shunned and banned. I've never seen anything like this before. It's a novel virus, meaning, it's new. So there's not much data on it yet.

I mean, the FBI raided a doctor for treating patients with Vitamin C. Like WTF?

https://www.9and10news.com/2020/04/2...ith-vitamin-c/

But yet, they keep pushing the only solution is a vaccine...even though a vaccine has never been successful for a coronavirus before.

Old 04-29-2020, 10:52 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
What else are they suppose to say, now that they've discovered that sick owners can pass this virus to their pets?

What else they can advise but "social distancing" with pets?

Of course it sounds silly, but what's the solution?

(It looks so far that animals have it in a much milder version, when infected.)

We were told for weeks that cats and dogs can't catch it.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:00 AM

14,956 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well... i personally am starting to believe some stuff about COVID that the people who are "approved of" aren't saying.

i am starting to wonder why SCIENTISTS that don't agree with the approved perspective are being SHUT UP.
And links to the scientific articles from 2013-2015 and on describing the "gain of function" research done ( in the US and in China, and funded by the NIH) on this virus now showing only "webpage not available".

Old 04-29-2020, 11:02 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times
It was put out first that this is a new virus, hence the term "novel", and that as they study it and as findings comes in, what we know about it will change.

Sort of like how could all of our military leaders completely miss the upcoming insurgency that happened in Iraq after Saddam was toppled. I mean these are suppose to be the most experienced, well educated military leaders in the world, yet totally missed all the indicators for the insurgency brewing. But as facts came in, the leader adjusted tactics to combat the insurgency.

The actions taken are working, but as predicted, if they worked, people will be calling the whole thing BS, if they did not work, they would be calling the experts BS, a no win for experts making their recommendations.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:05 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
The biggest issue I'm having with all of this is how their only treatments to this seems to be ventilators, and a vaccine. If anyone else experiments with any other treatment, it's shunned and banned. I've never seen anything like this before. It's a novel virus, meaning, it's new. So there's not much data on it yet.

I mean, the FBI raided a doctor for treating patients with Vitamin C. Like WTF?

https://www.9and10news.com/2020/04/2...ith-vitamin-c/

But yet, they keep pushing the only solution is a vaccine...even though a vaccine has never been successful for a coronavirus before.
So, in your referenced story, exactly what experiment were they conducting? it is a medical spa, not a medical research hospital/institute. They were falsely advertising Vitamin C can cure, yet there are no facts to back this up, essentially, they were peddling snake oil.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:05 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,084,509 times
So... are they keeping the truth from us to avoid a mass panic or to avoid mass apathy and loss of fear? It sounds like the latter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies