Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 05:33 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Getting tired of people talking about how “presidential” they think the president isn’t.

Nobody cares, except those who don’t like him. Seriously. Obama was as “presidential” as they come, and he was a disaster. Stagnant economy, zero respect from our geopolitical adversaries, ACA catastrophe. But he sure did have a nice smile, didn’t he?

How “presidential” the candidate is is very, very low on the list of things I give a crap about. That stuff is for form-over-function types, and I’m a function-over-form guy. Can he do the job? That’s the question I care about. Trump has been pretty damn effective, whether you like what he’s done, or not. He can do the job. I don’t really care if he uses language people don’t think is polished enough, or that he calls people out when a more “presidential” president would give them a pass.

If you care more about the words he uses than the ideas being expressed, you’re not just part of the problem, you are the problem.
"Obama was as “presidential” as they come," MANY disagree. People are entitled to their own opinions.

Being "presidential" is NOT going on a world wide "apology tour", and blaming everything bad that happened under his watch on someone else, "it was the video", etc., etc. etc. And then taking credit for the good things when he had NOTHING to do with them, "YOU did NOT build that" successful company".

I could go on and on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
President Bush shows how it's done....

I was sure he was going to invade Iraq again …….but I guess not !!!
He would get the DEMs SML who controlled the Senate the time to not only vote FOR the bill authorizing his gong but, CO-SPONSOED the bill, as did the top dem in the House did.

And we know how easy it is for the SML to kill a bill. Ask harry reid.

So, tell us, who among these did YOU vote for and support?
Dem's who voted FOR the wars:
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE) VP at the time
Breaux (D-LA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY) Sec of state at the time(Labeled Smartest women in the world by many lefties)
Daschle (D-SD) Leader of the Senate at the time and co-sponsored the bill
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC) Ran for VP
Feinstein (D-CA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hollings (D-SC)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA) Ran for Pres.
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT) Ran for Pres.
Lincoln (D-AR)
Miller (D-GA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Reid (D-NV) leader of the Senate later
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY) Current SML
Torricelli (D-NJ)
It's always a pleasure to show they hypocrisy and lack of history knowledge from the left!

And WE are the "Un-edcated"!

Old 05-22-2020, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
GWB brought us together and made us stronger during 9/11. Trump is causing division among us.
"Trump is causing division among us." Speak for yourself ONLY.

I did NOT give you my permission to speak for "us", of which includes me!

Old 05-22-2020, 05:46 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Trump is causing division among us." Speak for yourself ONLY.

I did NOT give you my permission to speak for "us", of which includes me!
Thanks for proving his point.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Trump is neither presidential nor an effective leader or president. His inaction has left us in a colossal mess!
" His inaction has left us in a colossal mess!"

You REALLY need to get out of the basement!

The only places that are "mess", are DEM run states and cities.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I often wonder how it will be post Trump with presidential gatherings. Will any of them be willing to stand next to Trump or even talk to him?
You won't be there so, why do you care?

Old 05-22-2020, 05:49 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
He would get the DEMs SML who controlled the Senate the time to not only vote FOR the bill authorizing his gong but, CO-SPONSOED the bill, as did the top dem in the House did.

And we know how easy it is for the SML to kill a bill. Ask harry reid.

So, tell us, who among these did YOU vote for and support?
Dem's who voted FOR the wars:
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE) VP at the time
Breaux (D-LA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY) Sec of state at the time(Labeled Smartest women in the world by many lefties)
Daschle (D-SD) Leader of the Senate at the time and co-sponsored the bill
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC) Ran for VP
Feinstein (D-CA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hollings (D-SC)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA) Ran for Pres.
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT) Ran for Pres.
Lincoln (D-AR)
Miller (D-GA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Reid (D-NV) leader of the Senate later
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY) Current SML
Torricelli (D-NJ)
It's always a pleasure to show they hypocrisy and lack of history knowledge from the left!

And WE are the "Un-edcated"!
Amazing. They are either "UN-EDUCATED" or purposely "forget" and ignore their utter HYPOCRISY, the Democrat middle name! Democrats are brainwashed, indoctrinated uneducated stooges. Guess they hate education.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This the same guy whose decision to invade Iraq on incredibly faulty intelligence and meddle in Afghanistan wasted billions and billions of taxpayer dollars to corruption and theft, and resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands of coalition lives as well as millions of innocent civilians?
"This the same guy whose decision to invade Iraq on incredibly faulty intelligence..."

PSST! He used the SAME intelligence clinton used when he signed for the Regime Change in Iraq

I also suggest you read my previos post on who ALL the dems who voted FOR going. Without THEM we could NOT have gone.

"The Act declared that it was the Policy of the United States to support "regime change." The Act was passed 360-38 in the U.S. House of Representatives[5] and by unanimous consent in the Senate.[6] US President Bill Clinton signed the bill into law on October 31, 1998. The law's stated purpose was: "to establish a program to support a transition to democracy in Iraq." Specifically, Congress made findings of past Iraqi military actions in violation of International Law and that Iraq had denied entry of United Nations Special Commission on Iraq (UNSCOM) inspectors into its country to inspect for weapons of mass destruction. Congress found: "It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime." On December 16, 1998, President Bill Clinton mandated Operation Desert Fox, a major four-day bombing campaign on Iraqi targets. President Clinton stated in February 1998:"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Liberation_Act

Old 05-22-2020, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Yes he is but trump is making GWB look like an amateur at wasting billions and billions of taxpayer dollars.

That is the GOP for ya.
"GWB look like an amateur at wasting billions and billions of taxpayer dollars compared to obama!

Keep in mind ALL SPENDING originates in the HOUSE and who controls the House?

Looks like another dem who failed Civics 101.

Old 05-22-2020, 08:13 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Quote:
"GWB look like an amateur at wasting billions and billions of taxpayer dollars compared to obama!

Keep in mind ALL SPENDING originates in the HOUSE and who controls the House?

Looks like another dem who failed Civics 101.
"The United States budget process begins when the President of the United States submits a budget request to Congress"

"The President's budget submission is referred to the House and Senate Budget Committees and to the Congressional Budget Office"

"There is no obligation for either or both houses of Congress to pass a budget resolution"

"A conference committee is typically required to resolve differences between House and Senate appropriation bills. Once a conference bill has passed both chambers of Congress, it is sent to the President, who may sign the bill or veto it. If he signs, the bill becomes law. Otherwise, Congress must pass another bill to avoid a shutdown of at least part of the federal government."

Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...budget_process

So during this time where was the Senate, on extended holiday seeing the GOP was the majority?

Looks like another GOP who failed Civics 101
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies