Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 06:21 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,514,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
W. Lowest IQ President ever.

Weapons of mass destruction anyone?

Anyone admit to re-electing him ?
Anyone ?
Because I've yet to meet anyone who says they did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2020, 06:39 AM

16,088 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I am not a huge Bush fan for a lot of reasons, but I never had a doubt that he actually wanted the best for ALL Americans, whether they voted him or not.

He just released this video. Compare it to the way Trump has dealt with Covid-19, and tell me which one is more Presidential.

https://youtu.be/E6lxKOfn8_E

I miss the time back when America had actual presidential Presidents, on all sides of the political spectrums.
Like it or hate it the following is only my opinion:

What a beautiful video and all it took was the Democratic Party to destroy the fabric of society.

Old 05-21-2020, 07:42 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
you serious dude?

Democrats attacked George Bush nonstop for his response to disasters

but now suddenly they are trying to rewrite history and say they appreciated him? LMAO
That's a really strange reaction. Do you think that people should perpetually, universally praise or condemn someone forever, on all fronts? I know that Trumpers seem to do this - they will support Trump forever, even if he shoots someone on Fifth Avenue. But in my experience, sensible adults can judge things rationally on a case-by-case basis, and can acknowledge when someone admired acts badly, or someone disliked acts well.

Old 05-22-2020, 04:07 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I often wonder how it will be post Trump with presidential gatherings. Will any of them be willing to stand next to Trump or even talk to him?

I doubt Trump would ever go to any gathering of ex-presidents-----even if they did give him a weekend parole to do it. Or maybe the meeting could be held in the visitors' center at Leavenworth.

Old 05-22-2020, 04:14 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yes he is but trump is making GWB look like an amateur at wasting billions and billions of taxpayer dollars.

That is the GOP for ya.

I'm wondering if the GOP might want the Democrats to be in power for the next couple of terms, so the economy could be rebuilt and the deficit reduced again. Also if the current administration leads us into a major recession, the timing would be just right, to blame the Democrats for it.

Old 05-22-2020, 04:19 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I'm wondering if the GOP might want the Democrats to be in power for the next couple of terms, so the economy could be rebuilt and the deficit reduced again. Also if the current administration leads us into a major recession, the timing would be just right, to blame the Democrats for it.
Just like Obama reduced the deficit, right? That's 9.6 TRILLION that the last democrat added on to the debt.
https://www.goldbroker.com/media/ima...-1981-2017.png

Old 05-22-2020, 04:22 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
That's a really strange reaction. Do you think that people should perpetually, universally praise or condemn someone forever, on all fronts? I know that Trumpers seem to do this - they will support Trump forever, even if he shoots someone on Fifth Avenue. But in my experience, sensible adults can judge things rationally on a case-by-case basis, and can acknowledge when someone admired acts badly, or someone disliked acts well.
How quaint. "Trumpers".

So do you permanently condemn Trump and those that support him? Seems like you hypocritically do, even after all the good he's done for the country.

Old 05-22-2020, 04:24 AM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Really? - The Trumpers are doing exactly the same thing that Obama lovers did for 8 years and continue to do.
They don't see Obama's faults either and no these days I don't think many people can judge things rationally. We see that here on a daily basis both from pro and anti Trump posters.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:20 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Like it or hate it the following is only my opinion:

What a beautiful video and all it took was the Democratic Party to destroy the fabric of society.
And if the GOP was the exclusive weaver we would all be wearing straight jackets in society so its a good thing we have more than one way to weave the fabric.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:27 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
you serious dude?

Democrats attacked George Bush nonstop for his response to disasters

but now suddenly they are trying to rewrite history and say they appreciated him? LMAO
"Democrats attacked George Bush nonstop for his response to disasters"

Some even accused him of blowing the levees in N.O.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies