Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 03:50 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
You know dear, it is called psychological projection, when one believes others are doing what they themselves in reality do. When it is their MO in Trump's case. The only Americans who have politicized and weaponized this public health and national security crisis, aka the pandemic, are Donald Trump and the die-hard Trumpers.

Case in point: this thread is about an uplifting video that has called for unity in our nation.
A non-partisan, powerful message by a former president. Words of strength and hope. A leader providing encouragement to stand together in the face of adversity. And Trump and many posters such as yourself could only be offended and victimized and see it through the lens of politics. Many of you hijacked the thread requiring others to post back and push back on your false claims and accusations that are really only pointing at yourself. Sorry Charlie, no leg to stand on.

I don't care what political party the messenger of this substantive inspiration is affiliated...it is a well done call to the better angels of our nature. That is what genuine leaders do.

And the pandemic is no where near finished. America remains in a public health and security crisis. We have a long way to go.

When you produce your medical degree or your advanced letters in epidemiology and or public health, perhaps we can talk. Until then, it would be wise to remember that a pandemic is not a partisan issue and thankfully a majority of America's citizens understand this.
Lmao. The op used the thread as a way to bash Trump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2020, 03:56 PM

11,788 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Trump is neither presidential nor an effective leader or president. His inaction has left us in a colossal mess!
That's your opinion - we all have them but I think you'll see more people are more than happy iTrump as our President when he wins a 2nd term.

Old 05-03-2020, 04:01 PM

356 posts, read 121,555 times
Trump is a trillion, trillion times better than Bush or Obama.

Even If they are presidential

Old 05-03-2020, 04:02 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I am not a huge Bush fan for a lot of reasons, but I never had a doubt that he actually wanted the best for ALL Americans, whether they voted him or not.

He just released this video. Compare it to the way Trump has dealt with Covid-19, and tell me which one is more Presidential.

https://youtu.be/E6lxKOfn8_E

I miss the time back when America had actual presidential Presidents, on all sides of the political spectrums.

Trump could have issued a one word remark “ bravo”. Instead, he disregarded 68,000+ Covid 19 related deaths in the US, and instead made it about himself, on Twitter:

“Where was he during the impeachment calling for putting partisanship aside? He was nowhere to be found in speaking up against the greatest hoax in American history”.

Old 05-03-2020, 05:53 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I am not a huge Bush fan for a lot of reasons, but I never had a doubt that he actually wanted the best for ALL Americans, whether they voted him or not.

He just released this video. Compare it to the way Trump has dealt with Covid-19, and tell me which one is more Presidential.

https://youtu.be/E6lxKOfn8_E

I miss the time back when America had actual presidential Presidents, on all sides of the political spectrums.
Now contrast that with the idiot in chief talking about injecting disinfectant into human bodies.

Last edited by krichton; 05-03-2020 at 06:27 PM..

Old 05-03-2020, 05:57 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times
We all know Cheney/Rumsfeld ran the country. Not Bush

Old 05-03-2020, 05:59 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballkick View Post
Trump is a trillion, trillion times better than Bush or Obama.

Even If they are presidential

Thats like trying to determine the least smelly turd. America hasn't had a good president in over 50 years.

Old 05-03-2020, 06:06 PM

830 posts, read 486,756 times
Seen on Twitter:

Quote:
One of media’s stupidest but most predictable transitions is from “this GOP President is literally Hitler” to “that guy we called Hitler was actually awesome. It’s the current GOP President who is worse than Hitler.”

Old 05-03-2020, 06:14 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Die we get the "Mission Accomplished" photo op from him yet? Then we know its clear sailing from here on out!

Old 05-03-2020, 06:15 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVLNATIVE View Post
Bush hasn't shown any sign of hating Trump. It's Trump who hates Bush.

Seriously? SMH

The Bushes are bitter. It was supposed to be a cakewalk to the nomination for Jeb. Then along came Trump and put a monkey wrench into those plans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies