Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 08:18 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,433,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Maybe people will finally recognize the recklessness and resulting disastrous effects of the govt shutdown when they cant get the things they thought would never be in short supply a.k.a. food
And what does the gov shut down have to do with meat facilities having their employees infected, thus not able to produce meat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2020, 08:22 PM

32,142 posts, read 15,136,502 times
Has anyone tried the Impossible Burger from Burger King. I'm a meat lover but can't stand turkey burgers. This burger actually had me fooled that it wasn't the real thing. It was really good.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:29 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,961,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
And what does the gov shut down have to do with meat facilities having their employees infected, thus not able to produce meat?
Not much. These have more to do with the companies running these meat plants not adapting to social distance measures fast enough. Putting thousands of people in a small area has put the workers at risk.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:32 PM

12,591 posts, read 9,705,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Has anyone tried the Impossible Burger from Burger King. I'm a meat lover but can't stand turkey burgers. This burger actually had me fooled that it wasn't the real thing. It was really good.
Yep, I have tried the Impossible Whopper at BK and I too thought it was pretty good.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:34 PM

15,898 posts, read 6,601,663 times
Quote:
Maybe people will finally recognize the recklessness and resulting disastrous effects of the govt shutdown when they cant get the things they thought would never be in short supply a.k.a. food
There are other foods available, and we can import meat.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:35 PM

16,766 posts, read 8,242,225 times
Quote:
Trump forced them to stay open. Poisoning the workers and the counties the plants are in. Maybe if he made the Corporations protect their staff it would have worked out better.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:46 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,540,981 times
Quote:
Do you want to eat food processed by sick people?

Old 05-05-2020, 09:00 PM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,465,010 times
Quote:
I've been saying this for weeks. This is why the shutdown is worse than the virus. More will die of the results of locking the economy than will or would have ever died of the virus, unless people wise up and demand normalcy.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:03 PM

5,655 posts, read 6,240,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I've been saying this for weeks. This is why the shutdown is worse than the virus. More will die of the results of locking the economy than will or would have ever died of the virus, unless people wise up and demand normalcy.
Maybe or maybe not, but as several posters have noted in this thread the meat shortages are not at all a good example. Arguably, the meat shortages are an example of why more strongent measures may have actually helped since there have been such large outbreaks of the virus in the meat-packing plants.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:05 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,667,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Do you want to eat food processed by sick people?

Perfectly fine to eat if cooked thoroughly. Getting tired of cooking for elderly mom and disabled brother (he loves burgers), so I get fast food some (nuke all a few extra minutes) and cook frozen veggies on the side (to stay somewhat healthy). Easy to load up on bean burrito's too if no beef...they store well in fridg and you can microwave them anytime...getting burned out on them, but they are filling in a crunch and don't give me gas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies