Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 08:40 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,655,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
The police report contains hearsay. If it comes up trial, McMichaels will clarify and/or stipulate to that which is favorable to him. Surely, based on your vast legal experience, you understand this. . .

The “we want to talk to you” statement is prior to the final encounter. I’ve never claimed they were from the same encounter.

In my analysis of the video, I’ve very clearly stated that Arbery runs around the right side of the truck and then cuts hard left around the front of the truck. I’ve never said anything different.

If you continue to lie about my position and what what I’ve posted, I’ll have to report you for TOS violations. Either provide evidence that supports your accusations, or stop making them.
Of course it will come up and there is nothing saying they will take the stand.

That is beside the point regarding our discussion on this forum. You're the only one who wants to leave out the police report.

Old 05-16-2020, 08:46 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,743,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
. You cannot chase someone, draw your guns

Accurately they chased him and the man excited the vehicle holding a shotgun and walked toward him with it pointing to the ground and claims to have said ""Stop, stop, we want to talk to you" prior to the final encounter

I'm not saying this is not a crime but you would have to name the particular crime it was to consider if it was

Old 05-16-2020, 08:48 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,479,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
It was not recorded by the father/son.

and if it seems to show intent on the father/son intent to do what? To raise intent that intent would have to be determined to be criminal intent or not
If the so called citizens arrest defense is used and determined to be illegal that will constitute criminal intent.

It will change the alleged citizens arrest to aggravated assault which makes it killing someone during a felony which makes it murder.

Of course, either the prosecutor or the defense can ask the judge to instruct the jury on lesser charges they could return with, but that will be up to the judge.

Old 05-16-2020, 08:55 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,655,153 times
Roddy: https://www.facebook.com/CNNReplay/v...7112120279541/

Old 05-16-2020, 09:11 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,266,795 times
Quote:
No it’s not.
Sure it is, but it doesn't fit with the game you are playing.

Old 05-16-2020, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
No, I think they were worried that he might be armed and might attack them.....and then he did, fortunately he wasn't armed so it was just a suicide attack.
When you chase a person with your truck there is always a chance that they will fight back.

Old 05-16-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
That’s not what Greg said.

Trying to reconcile those issues is one of the big problems with simply relying on the hearsay testimony in the police report. However, those issues should be easy to clarify at trial.
That is what Greg told the responding officer.

The fact that you don't find the police officers report to be accurate means nothing.

Old 05-16-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Here is your claim:

That’s not supported by information contained in the olive report.
Yes it is. We know that Travis and Greg had guns. We know that they chased him from Satilla to Burford then to Holmes according to the police report. We do know that Roddy was involved and was behind Arbery in his car. We know that Travis was standing in the road with his gun when Arbery came around the corner.

That is from their own statement, and the video.

Old 05-16-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
The “stop, stop, we want to talk to you” statement is from the police report, and happens before the final encounter. In the second 911 call, Greg says “Drop that! D****t. Stop! Drop it!”

Now that we’ve clarified what was said and when, what is the point that you’re trying to make?
Then when did that happen? When they were chasing behind him and saw him run down Burford? When they were driving to cut him off? When did they tell him that they just wanted to talk?

In the second call I heard differently and have read transcripts that say different. A transcript of a call is only as good as the person transcribing it. I have yet to see an official release of a transcript and not one that is from a news source.

Old 05-16-2020, 09:25 AM

8,973 posts, read 2,582,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
When you chase a person with your truck there is always a chance that they will fight back.
Chasing a thief in your truck is not fighting them, so there's no "fighting back", you mean to say if you chase after a thief there is always a chance that the thief will attack you.....which is true, and it's why they were armed.

Turns out the thief did decide to attack, and it cost him his life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies