Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 08:58 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
You may only hear and see stories about people on the "right" but I'm telling you that those on the left are not wearing masks either. My neighbors across the street are die hard Democrats and they host friend and family gatherings each weekend. They have never worn a mask. My next door neighbors are Democrat, older and with health conditions - they will not wear a mask so their daughter does their shopping for them.

A lot of people don't like to wear masks. Doesn't make all of the Republicans - if you think otherwise - you're fooling yourself.
In ghettos across America the partying never stopped. Block parties, house parties, etc. Probably not many Republicans there either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2020, 10:30 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Rush is absolutely correct. The communist democrats and the never Trump RInos will do everything in their power to save the swamp. And if the American people are collateral damage so be it!

It will be a war between good people like me versus evil power hungry liberal progressives. With the help of God hopefully good will triumph over evil!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ump_loses.html
You worship a false God....Trump. Remember what happened to those worshipers.

Old 05-13-2020, 11:02 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
At some point in time.....you have to be CONTROLLED, temporarily, for your own good as an entity. It's about collective good vs individual good. As a society, you have to be flexible and oscillate between the two when NEEDED. The problem with the right is that it sees any attempt to promote collective well being....as a threat to their individual well being, permanently. You all are NUTS.....with your guns just looking for any excuse for a revolution of some sort. You just want to STAND OUT and drape the American flag like you are some kind of got dam patriot.
I could not disagree more strongly. Liberty is always more important than safety. I certainly don’t want to be “controlled” for my own good or for the greater good. America is about individual liberties. Some societies do embrace the collective good as you seem to be arguing for. Asia and much of Europe are far more likely to embrace this sort of collectivism and “greater good” mentality. This however is not our way as our constitution enshrines personal liberties in our constitution.

Benjamin Franklin said something to the effect of “those who would trade liberty for safety and security deserve neither”. I could not agree more. It seems our division in this country on coronavirus as well as many of the left vs right divides is at its core a division between individualists and collectivists. We clearly have no common values as a nation anymore.

Old 05-13-2020, 11:06 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I could not disagree more strongly. Liberty is always more important than safety. I certainly don’t want to be “controlled” for my own good or for the greater good. America is about individual liberties. Some societies do embrace the collective good as you seem to be arguing for. Asia and much of Europe are far more likely to embrace this sort of collectivism and “greater good” mentality. This however is not our way as our constitution enshrines personal liberties in our constitution.

Benjamin Franklin said something to the effect of “those who would trade liberty for safety and security deserve neither”. I could not agree more. It seems our division in this country on coronavirus as well as many of the left vs right divides is at its core a division between individualists and collectivists. We clearly have no common values as a nation anymore.
The poster you're addressing doesn't have the faintest clue what "liberty" means or what it means to be an American. He's a professional victim.

Old 05-13-2020, 11:53 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyLane View Post
Wrong. This isn't a liberty issue. It has nothing to do with your Liberties whatsoever . This is a serious health issue. People who don't care about even their own health have a mental deficit. You basically have a suicidal Death Wish and people like that are danger to society and therefore should have no liberties. Criminals in particular do not a lot of Liberties. Your liberties mean squat if you are dead. Living under a threat of a highly contagious virus with others who are either too Ingnorant or too selfish to concern themselves with any and all public health and safety precautions is no way to live. America is not about every man for himself. Furthermore this never should have been a political or economic issue. It's a public health issue period.
So how long are we supposed to be in lockdiwn?

Old 05-14-2020, 04:35 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,158 times
Quote:

Wrong. This isn't a liberty issue. It has nothing to do with your Liberties whatsoever . This is a serious health issue. People who don't care about even their own health have a mental deficit. You basically have a suicidal Death Wish and people like that are danger to society and therefore should have no liberties. Criminals in particular do not a lot of Liberties. Your liberties mean squat if you are dead. Living under a threat of a highly contagious virus with others who are either too Ingnorant or too selfish to concern themselves with any and all public health and safety precautions is no way to live. America is not about every man for himself. Furthermore this never should have been a political or economic issue. It's a public health issue period.
You’re full of “BS”...even the “CDC” admitted that most of us will eventually contract the virus. So whats the point of the lock down...And you call us mental deficit!

Old 05-14-2020, 04:45 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
This is such shortsighted nonsense. The ramblings of simpletons.

As if society functions if everyone stays at home.

As if we can have social programs without tax revenue. There is no social security without income tax. There are no pensions without stock markets. There are no jobs without commerce. There are no funds for unemployment if there's no revenue. And you could seize the wealth of all the billionaires in America, and do a another stimulus payment. Once. Then what?

Stay your ass AT HOME if you are scared. Stay your ass AT HOME if you are over 65. Stay AT HOME if you have a pre-existing condition.

All you are sitting at home, having SOME people deliver your goods to your door, keep the lights on, produce your foods, etc., so you can STAY AT HOME and cower in fear. You're expecting all your services while patting yourself on the back for sitting on the couch and telling others to stay inside with you and watch netflix. And think it's all just going to magically keep going as the government prints money to pay for it all.

A prolonged shut down can prove to be MORE DEADLY and have WORSE effects than the pandemic itself. Starvation. Supply chain problems. Mass loss of jobs and impoverishment. Kids education suffers. People with therapy needs don't get it. There are MANY who are pointing this out, but they aren't getting the time of day on news media because there is a vested interest in not paying attention to that.

Stay at home. Knit some booties for your cats or whatever sad millennials and boomer-spinsters in New York are doing to pass the time. Order your delivery food. But for f***ssake, save your self-righteous garbage for your like-minded cohorts.

good luck explaining that to someone who wants their existence to be subsidized.

Old 05-14-2020, 05:12 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
My favorite part is when they tell the people who are delivering their groceries/alcohol/restaurant food for them (like me) that they are "selfish" for going outside every day.

Don't forget to tip your delivery driver, folks! We make it possible for you to stay home but still get food.
Democrats better tip well. Before all this deathly god awful virus killed us all I ordered some groceries on one of the delivery services, the woman who did the shopping and delivering was excellent, I gave an extra tip outside of the app and she didn't want it stating she had a good job at the airport lol. Bet nobody thought airports were going to be forbidden

Old 05-14-2020, 05:18 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
You’re full of “BS”...even the “CDC” admitted that most of us will eventually contract the virus. So whats the point of the lock down...And you call us mental deficit!
Yes, most of us will contract it. The point of the efforts underway are to prevent the healthcare system from being overwhelmed. I wonder why you hate healthcare workers so much!

Old 05-14-2020, 05:24 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,158 times
Quote:

Yes, most of us will contract it. The point of the efforts underway are to prevent the healthcare system from being overwhelmed. I wonder why you hate healthcare workers so much!
Which has already been achieved. As matter of fact here in Massachusetts only 50% of beds are being utilized. So Again what’s the point of extending the lockdown...Pollitical that’s why!

BTW..I don’t hate healthcare workers!

Last edited by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly; 05-14-2020 at 05:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies