Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2020, 12:07 AM

264 posts, read 100,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Because it’s always about race.

We will never, ever, be able to move on from slavery unless we make all blacks exempt from laws and give each and every one a considerable monthly stipend. They’ve made it quite clear that nothing less will be tolerated.

Yes, slavery was horrific and it appears that White Superiority is ingrained in the American psyche from the inception.

Issue is - It appears that White Superiority depends solely on the notion of black inferiority.

Not dependent on Asian inferiority (West Indians or East Indians) or Hispanic inferiority.

In essence, there is a sense of self worth as a direct result of declaring that another group of people have no worth!

Why is this?

Initially, I believed that it is due primarily to propaganda perpetrated over media for over 200 years that blacks are subhuman and not intelligent. Hence, by associating blacks with brawn and not intelligence, there is a a juxtaposition in many minds of white people that is deeply perplexing if there are black people that are actually displaying intelligence.

There is actually a confusion, a psychosis that the black person is achieving success due to artificial means. For example - as a result of Affirmative Action at the detriment of Whites.

But, there may be an even deeper reason for this hate that I have yet to uncover.

To minimize the conflict, it very well may be feasible to separate.

Is there really such a concept as "Separate but Equal" or is this really an illusion?

But, if there is indeed separation, how would African Americans be taxed?

Unless, there would be separation without taxation.

What if African Americans requested a state such as Georgia or Virginia, etc. Or, a country such as Suriname? Or return back to Africa.

And the state, country or continent would have all of the resources to be self sufficient.

Would this result in a reduction of conflict?

Who would most oppose such a concept?

Old 05-29-2020, 12:10 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I will start out by saying the cop deserves to be punished to the fullest extent. That was abuse of power. I'm not defending the guy. What happened was terrible and inexcusable. But why is everybody assuming its racially motivated? George Floyd just happened to be black. It COULD had been racially motivated. But at this point, everybody is just assuming.

And on another note, if the same thing happened to a white man, would there be this much outrage?
Because it is an election year, and the racial angle increases clicks on MSM links.

The MSM decides what is made into an issue and what is not. In that way, they have much more actual power than even the President of the United States. And they are unelected, often with publicly unvetted backgrounds and shady associations (second passports, associations with wealthy foreign investors in their companies, etc).

The media always assures that there are major social calamities in election years.

Old 05-29-2020, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
The media is getting bored of COVID coverage.
The daily click rate is likely decreasing, and so it is time for a new provoked catastrophe / public emergency.

Old 05-29-2020, 12:26 AM

374 posts, read 146,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Because it’s always about race.

We will never, ever, be able to move on from slavery unless we make all blacks exempt from laws and give each and every one a considerable monthly stipend. They’ve made it quite clear that nothing less will be tolerated.
THIS is your response to violent abuse of power? Are you North Korean by any chance?

EQUAL JUSTICE AND DUE PROCESS UNDER THE LAW. The right of every American.

Its not THEY who are the problem. Its YOU.

Old 05-29-2020, 12:32 AM

374 posts, read 146,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
When white or black cops kill white males, the news media typically ignores it, or gives it very little coverage.
50 years ago, our Black American brothers and sisters would have written your post like this:

"When white cops kill black males, the news media typically ignores it, or gives it very little coverage...."

Intense focus on racial injustice is LONG overdue. Black Americans have been too patient too long.

Old 05-29-2020, 12:48 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,430,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
To be frank, I would not guess the motivation. I do not care what it was.

I do think criminal charges should be brought against the ex cop. Even the deli worker who called was pleading with the cop to get off Floyd's neck. I am so proud of the quick-thinking teen who captured the video that brought this to light.

I abhor violent protests, but I also am hoping Chauvin ends up spending many years in a cage-where he belongs.
Considering that Mohamed Noor only got twelve years for gunning down Justine Damond. But with the ever-present threats of riots, your wish may come true.

Old 05-29-2020, 12:50 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,430,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I would say the police officer who killed the man is responsible for the riots, and to a point, he certainly is... But police officers overstep their bounds all too often and kill people unnecessarily, and people usually don't riot, destroy their own neighborhood, etc. It only seems to happen when it's a white cop killing a black male, and the media proceeds to latch onto the story and blast it in everyone's face day after day, hour after hour. It's as if this is the exact response the media is hoping for, since it leads to even juicier stories for them to report on.

When white or black cops kill white males, the news media typically ignores it, or gives it very little coverage. I have seen some very obvious examples of this happening, like the case of Daniel Shaver. This story should have received just as much attention.
By design, not happenstance. They know what they're doing, it has a reason and a goal.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:10 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Because there seems to be a trend of seeing this particularly with white cops and black men.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Because there seems to be a trend of seeing this particularly with white cops and black men.
And what is the trend with Black men and the White cop death rate?

Or how about Black and White men and the inter-racial murder rate?

All are racially motivated as well?

Was George Floyd engaging in criminal behavior while intoxicated and resisting arrest, or was he not?

All of those things, but especially combined, seem like they would statistically increase the risk of death by an immense amount.

When White men are killed by cops in such circumstances, other White men don't burn down their neighborhoods. They blame the unfortunate life or bad decisions of the deceased who engaged in risky behavior. As is the functional response. They don't blame the cops.

Maybe if Floyd had been sober, cooperative, and willing to only spend his paycheck instead of a forged $20 then he'd still be alive.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:31 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
"Seems to be"...........

Study after study of facts show there is no disproportionate poor treatment of blacks by police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies