Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2020, 05:58 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
There does not really need to be examples. If you want to be treated like blacks are today, then you need the history of blacks in the yesterdays. If blacks had the history of being treated equally as whites, a white police officer killing a black man would not be a racial story today, just police abuse. What has made this a racial story is the long history of racism from whites society upon blacks. You can't live with that history. Actions create reactions, however. This is the America that is the consequence of past white America and what they did.

If you have a problem with reactions being different for blacks and whites....then take it up with Grand ma and Grand pa or maybe even mom and pops and their racial attitudes. This is the world they left you. This is your inheritance.
I was asking for examples of black cops shooting whites, and the outcomes. Not a history lesson from Clarance X, lol. But what you seem to be saying here is that because of history, we must assume that any instance of white cops and black arrestees must be due to racism.

Old 05-29-2020, 05:58 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I would say the police officer who killed the man is responsible for the riots, and to a point, he certainly is... But police officers overstep their bounds all too often and kill people unnecessarily, and people usually don't riot, destroy their own neighborhood, etc. It only seems to happen when it's a white cop killing a black male, and the media proceeds to latch onto the story and blast it in everyone's face day after day, hour after hour. It's as if this is the exact response the media is hoping for, since it leads to even juicier stories for them to report on.

When white or black cops kill white males, the news media typically ignores it, or gives it very little coverage. I have seen some very obvious examples of this happening, like the case of Daniel Shaver. This story should have received just as much attention.
As usual you are mostly speaking nonsense, but that Daniel Shaver video was more scarring that any other video I seen, that kid was trying to comply with the conflicting orders from that cop, who was demanding this kid play error free twister even though he was clearly drunk. The media covered pretty well.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:00 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,475,901 times
I don't know that it was racial. It was wrong from a human perspective and a civil rights perspective, not necessarily a racial one.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:01 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,396,089 times
voters in minneapolis elected a democrat mayor, city council and state governor. the police chief and at least two of the four floyd arresting officers were minorities.

why do liberal blue cities always have riots?

Old 05-29-2020, 06:01 AM

16,282 posts, read 10,421,470 times
When was the last time we saw a video of a white guy killed by excess force by the police? If you can't see the pattern here then you are part of the problem.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:02 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Derrick Stafford and Norris Greenhouse Jr. two black officers murdered 6 year old Jeremy Mardis and wounded his father Chris Few.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Jeremy_Mardis

"A video of the shooting, captured on the body camera of a third officer and shown several times during the trial, shows Few raising his hands out the window of the Kia Sportage during the shooting.

"He shot 14 times while my hands were in the air," Few said Friday morning while addressing the court. "He just kept shooting."

Former Marksville deputy marshal Derrick Stafford gets 40 years in boy's shooting death
https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana...4ce7fb6e0.html
Got a headache reading the article but i'm glad he was found guilty, it sounds like a mess in general the way law enforcement is run down there.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:02 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
This was murder in plain view. Right in front of us. Allowed by cops.

These f'n rat basterds must to be arrested and charged with murder...

Right there filmed. Murder. Can they not SEE?

Old 05-29-2020, 06:03 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times
Likely the cops were afraid he had a weapon and that they could lose their own lives and were not about to let him make any sudden move. To put their knee on anyone's neck is unacceptable and uncalled for regardless of their race, gender etc. It isn't about race.

The leftist media and leftist instigators will use any tragedy to push an political agenda.

Sorry, that lie don't fly. When a leftist will support PP who sells aborted baby parts and are okay with that baby being aborted in the first place, I hardly think anyone believes they give a damn about some adult human's abuse. They just have to grab at any opportunity they can to be noisy and get noticed.

4,023 posts, read 1,443,477 times
Agree, and it was horrible, but it was white people who did not agree and fought to change the laws (along with some brave AA). Where I draw the line is that justifying the clown show we are seeing in Minnesota. Unless your immediate safety at large is under threat by the government, then there is no excuse for the violence we are seeing. It is a shallow mind that thinks everything that happens on the streets with police is racially motivated.

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Yeah, there's was a thread on City-data where a cop from Minneapolis killed an Australian woman. The medias hide this one under the carpet. https://www.city-data.com/forum/minn...nneapolis.html
Huh? That was front page news when it happened and the cop was charged and got 12 years.

You guys just make up anything to feel like victims?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies